/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your funniest misconception of Islam

Darth Ultor
03-21-2011, 02:09 AM
I personally find the "moon god" thing to be funniest. This is just so over the top in ridiculousness. What, do these people think Arab Jews and Christians who also call God Allah also worship an "Arab Pagan moon god"?

Another one of my favorites is how some say Muslims worship the prophets or consider them above man but below God when in Islam, there are no intermediaries between man and God. I wonder if they think Jews worship Moses. Granted, Muslims have a much higher reverence of the prophets than Jews and Christians, but it not worship.

But in my opinion, the others are nothing to joke about.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Little_Lion
03-21-2011, 05:09 AM
All of the misconceptions about the hijab make me roll my eyes. Oh, the hijab is demeaning! But a nun's wimple is not? I don't get it. It's also amazing how many non-Muslims think that Allah is worshiped as a totally separate god from God, and that Muslims worship Mohammad (saw), and reject all the other Prophets (saw) as being fakes.

Zuzubu
03-21-2011, 07:24 AM
misconceptions about terrorism. and sharia.

Human_Being
03-21-2011, 07:38 AM
I sumtimes find ssum Christian ppl thinkin that sumhow Allah is like one of the gods in hinduism wif a face or statu or sumthin like an not the all powerful eternal God even wen u xplain it they still say "ur god" but He is "The God" not just "a god" or "ther/my/ur god" isnt tat what Allah means The One God?

like tat video wif the XChristians buggig the guy prayin shoutin 2 him "there is only On God!" as if thats not what Muslims believ lol

But sum Christians do get it theyr not all like that

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Darth Ultor
03-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Has there actually been a government using Sharia law since the fall of the Caliphate? Real Sharia, not the Taliban or Saudi edition.

Zuzubu
03-22-2011, 01:39 PM
No Boaz, it's not like Israel...

The Qur'an and hadith has not been used as law democratically or monarcally.

Lynx
03-22-2011, 07:06 PM
All Muslims are Arab

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Erm, i dont mean to embarras myself but i thought muslims were only from Pakistan :-\, but i was very young then and not well educated regarding my deen. But ofcourse i was very very wrong. It was really beautiful to hear about muslims being from all over the world, from every race, ethnicity etc. It was amazing and it still amazes me today, and Alhamdulilaah

Maryan0
03-22-2011, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
Erm, i dont mean to embarras myself but i thought muslims were only from Pakistan :-\, but i was very young then and not well educated regarding my deen. But ofcourse i was very very wrong. It was really beautiful to hear about muslims being from all over the world, from every race, ethnicity etc. It was amazing and it still amazes me today, and Alhamdulilaah
I'll take that a step further because when I was really young I thought Allah was from my background.:embarrass
Salam

3rddec
03-22-2011, 10:44 PM
not necessary religious but I always feel like correcting people when they say Arabs are Anti-Semetic mewaning of course anti- jewish when of course Arabs are Semetic so for an Arab to be anti-semetic would means he/she was anti themselves.

Love and Respect

Little_Lion
03-22-2011, 11:06 PM
A poll here in the US a few years ago showed that 85% of reporters (both television and newspaper) had no idea what the difference between the Sunni and Shi'a was, even though they reported about them daily. Not so much a misconception as ignorance, but if you're going to be speaking to the masses about something you would think you would educate yourself . . . . :rolleyes:

GuestFellow
03-22-2011, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Has there actually been a government using Sharia law since the fall of the Caliphate? Real Sharia, not the Taliban or Saudi edition.
The Ottoman Empire...

Darth Ultor
03-23-2011, 12:01 AM
The Ottoman Empire was a Caliphate. I mean after the Caliphate

LavaDog
03-23-2011, 01:21 AM
I was told by a catholic that the ottoman empire was a war like nation that constantly threatened the freedom of europe and made its wealth through the catamite sex trade. I found it very ironic.

Ali Mujahidin
03-23-2011, 04:47 AM
As salaam mualaikum.

Very many years ago, I read the testimony of a Jewish woman who reverted to Islam. It was an inspiring story. One part which I remembered well was where she related how her family and friends thought she had gone mad praying to a compass. What actually happened was that she used a compass to determine the qiblat and left the compass in front of her when she started praying. I hope she is still strong in Islam today. Insha Allah.

Lynx
03-23-2011, 04:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм

At first I was going to say All Muslims are Pakistani ;p

Darth Ultor
03-23-2011, 04:58 AM
A compass? :D

tigerkhan
03-23-2011, 07:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by
At first I was going to say All Muslims are Pakistani ;p
wow we are much famous...LOL

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!