/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Last Ayat of Al-Fath

SalamChristian
03-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Yusuf Ali:

"Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves seeking Grace from Allah and (his) Good Pleasure. On their faces are their marks, the traces of their prostration. This is their similitude in the Taurat; and their similitude in the Gospel is: like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thick and it stands on its own stem."

As someone familiar with the Torah and the Gospel, I recognized both of these references From Exodus, Deuteronomy, and the Parable of the Sower. I must admit that the use of them in this Ayat of the Qu'ran is beautiful. I'm not trying to say that Muhammad was a poet (I know that would be in contradiction of the Qu'ran); I am just saying that the language is inspiring. One of my majors at school was English and I am impressed.

Salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ayesha.ansari
03-24-2011, 04:28 AM
Well every language has some thing interesting in it if it is easily understandable by people. Mostly holy books are translated into English as world wide language used is English. people can easily gets idea of what holy prophet wants to deliver, what is their purpose of being send to earth, who is the only divine power and who is the creator of this universe.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-24-2011, 10:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by
One of my majors at school was English and I am impressed.
the Quran is in Arabic :><:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!