/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Athan Clocks/Watches

Little_Lion
03-22-2011, 01:45 AM
Has anyone purchased one of these? I'm considering buying an athan watch in particular, so I will better remember the times for prayer while out and at school. How accurate are they? Are they easily programmable for any location, even if you do not live near a major city? Does anyone have one in particular that they would recommend?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
03-22-2011, 02:13 AM
What cell phone are using?
Instead of buying the watch, you can download one of the many free athan programs for cellphones.

I am using two athan programs for my backberry, one is locally-produced Islamic pocket guide, and the other is UK sourced Guided ways
http://guidedways.com/index.php

For the most parts, they are fairly accurate, although the UK one is less accurate on Isya' time.

Little_Lion
03-22-2011, 03:38 AM
It's an LG Cosmos, and does not support aps as far as I can tell - it's no smartphone, just a basic cell phone with a sliding keyboard. I'll be the first to admit though that I don't know hardly anything about cell phones other than how to place a call. :D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-22-2011, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
What cell phone are using?
Instead of buying the watch, you can download one of the many free athan programs for cellphones.

I am using two athan programs for my backberry, one is locally-produced Islamic pocket guide, and the other is UK sourced Guided ways
http://guidedways.com/index.php

For the most parts, they are fairly accurate, although the UK one is less accurate on Isya' time.
I shall try that insha'Allaah, ive been looking for a programme for my phone for the Azhaan.

Jazakallaahu Khaair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!