/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suicide?

anonymous
03-22-2011, 08:46 AM
:sl:

I have been going through tough times and am unable to get sleep at night. I sometimes think about committing suicide. This happens when I'm upset. For a while I think about how I can kill myself. This lasts for a short while and then do not consider it. I'm worried that I might snap and kill myself in the future. I know suicide is haraam but the moment when I start to think about suicide, I find it hard to think about anything else. So it is not as though I want to die, I'm really scared of dying...

At night, I have the chance to think about my problems. I stay up hours thinking about it and I'm scared that I will not find a way to overcome them. I thought life was getting better as I turned 19 but it has gotten worse. I'm so fed up...

So what should I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-22-2011, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
So what should I do?
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Well my answer to your question is do not give up, if you do then you are a loser in this life and definetly in the hereafter, you will only displease your creator. And i know you are aware of that.

In the time you think about your problems during the night, try to ask Allaah, ask him to ease your situation, you find it hard dealing with your situation, then ask like your asking for advice from us, cry out to him, do not lose this chance he has given to you.

Try to keep yourself busy in life and try to please Allaah in every way, even when your down, think of Allaah and remember him as he remembers those who remember him.

I hope i helped a little bit insha'Allaah, but i hope that you recieve better reply with more detail

but may Allaah ease your situations and strengten you in faith Ameen

Salahudeen
03-23-2011, 12:52 AM
Thank you for sharing your troubles with us, you're not alone many of us have felt like this at times in our life but you just have to keep going and pushing forward. Whatever your problems are you have to be patient with them, easy to say I know,but hard to do. Suicide is not the way out of your problems, you will not end up anywhere better, Allah tells us in the Qur'an that he does not burden a soul with more than it can bear so no matter how down you feel suicide is never an excuse. Many of us are plagued with problems and hardships but we continue struggling in life and wait for Allah to take us. There is all ways somebody more worse off than you and whatever hardship you find yourself in say alhamdulilah because it could all ways be worse. Problems and hardships are opportunities to turn back to Allah and cry your heart out to him, do extra prayers like tahajjud, Allah's the only one who can fix your problems. Are you doing all your prayers? If not start cos you have to strengthen your connection with Allah and make him your everything, if you search for happyness in people you will never find it. Watch the lecture below it is very good if you have alot of pain. Don't let your problems consume your thoughts, do halal stuff that you enjoy and find pleasurable to take your mind off the problems, just leave your problems to Allah and put your trust in him to do the best thing for you. This is what I do when I feel stressed with problems, I just tell myself that everything is in Allah's power and whatever he decree's I accept. And this is true, there's no point stressing and worrying about your problems because whatever's gonna happen is going to happen no matter what you do or how much you think about it, so try not to worry about your problems.

some good threads if your sad

http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...-dont-sad.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...-dont-sad.html

Ummu Sufyaan
03-23-2011, 01:25 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
i dont think that the answer necessarily lies in trying to think about something else (though that would be necessary as-well), but you contemplating suicide and actually taking your own life is an indication that there are fundamental problems you have in your life which need attending to.

i would suggest that you do some soul searching and figure out what is bothering you so much and either get rid of it if you can or learn how to work around it and be patient.

always remember that beneath the peal of the prickly pair fruit, the sweet fruit is concealed.

this is what a prickly pair fruit looks like...but its fruits is delicious.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!