/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Etheopia - 10,000 Christian displaced, Churches and Homes Burned

Fivesolas
03-22-2011, 04:01 PM
International Christian Concern is reporting a wave violence against Christians in Western Ethiopia. Some 69 churches have been burned to the ground, 30 Christian homes, a Bible school, a Christian orphanage, and a church office. Several Christians were wounded and one was killed.

10,000 Christians have been displaced.

The Ethiopian government is saying an extremist group called Kwarej is behind the attacks have arrested hundreds. It is reported that they took this action because they believed some Christians desecrated the Qur'an.

May God comfort these these Christians, provide for their aid and relief, and bring the perpetrators to justice.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
03-23-2011, 11:58 PM
Source? It would be a good starting point.

Woodrow
03-24-2011, 12:32 AM
Please post a link to the original story.

Kind of interesting as Ethiopia is majority Christian about 2/3 Christian and 1/3 Muslim.

LavaDog
03-24-2011, 12:56 AM
http://www.rnw.nl/africa/article/eth...hurch-burnings

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Trumble
03-24-2011, 10:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Kind of interesting as Ethiopia is majority Christian about 2/3 Christian and 1/3 Muslim.
Frightening, rather than 'interesting'. Apparently in this particular province (1 of 17), though, the population is 82% muslim (SOURCE). This 'Kwarej' group must be complete morons; this behaviour is inexcusible in any circumstances of course, but in this case surely revenge attacks against mosques and muslims are now inevitable in other parts of Ethiopia?

I understand why muslims get upset about such 'desecration' (assuming it even happened), but surely it's about time this ludicrous over-sensitivity be abandoned by common consent across the Islamic world in favour of common sense?

GuestFellow
03-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks LavaDog for posting the link.

That article was disturbing. Hopefully those responsible will be captured and receive the death penalty. It was disgusting.

Woodrow
03-24-2011, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Frightening, rather than 'interesting'. Apparently in this particular province (1 of 17), though, the population is 82% muslim (SOURCE). This 'Kwarej' group must be complete morons; this behaviour is inexcusible in any circumstances of course, but in this case surely revenge attacks against mosques and muslims are now inevitable in other parts of Ethiopia?

I understand why muslims get upset about such 'desecration' (assuming it even happened), but surely it's about time this ludicrous over-sensitivity be abandoned by common consent across the Islamic world in favour of common sense?
I agree it is frightening. I notice that the "Kwarej" seem to be directing their attacks against Pentecostal Christians. I suspect the Government, which is predominantly Orthodox, is sort of turning a blind eye about this. Some Pentecostals are not very tactful in how they proselytize their belief. I think many of the Orthodox Christians in Ethiopia secretly want the Pentecostals to leave Ethiopia. For this reason I doubt if there will be any Government intervention unless the Kwarej begin attacking the Orthodox churches. But this does not justify the attacking of any people, simply because they believe different.

When 2 radical groups are in close proximity of each other, it is an explosive atmosphere.

There is also a possibility that the ECIC (Ethiopian Cult Information Center) which is anti-Pentecostal and anti-Islam, among others, Just may be playing a role in this. But that is simply my opinion with no verification from any sources. You can learn a little about the ECIC-- HERE

Fivesolas
03-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Sorry i didn't provide a link originally. When I submitted the post I was not yet able to post links.

Fivesolas
03-24-2011, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Thanks LavaDog for posting the link.

That article was disturbing. Hopefully those responsible will be captured and receive the death penalty. It was disgusting.
Not only justice, but I am praying that the Christians who were so ill-treated and attacked will respond with love, mercy and kindness toward them who hate them. My prayers go up for the persecuted, but also for the persecutor. May God bless them, be merciful to them, and show them His salvation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!