/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are the things that you appreciate today?

Flame of Hope
03-22-2011, 05:19 PM
He who does not thank people has not thanked God goes a saying. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

Let's do something about this by writing at least 3 things that we appreciate each day. There are thousands of things to appreciate and be thankful for!! No doubt.

Here's my list for today:

1. I have great appreciation for this forum. I like the range of emoticons I can use. ^o) :skeleton: :raging: :embarrass :shade: :statisfie :omg: ;D

2. I appreciate the efforts of Brother Hamza81 in compiling all the beneficial information about Islam and teaching us so many wonderful things.

3. I appreciate all the information, help, advice given by members of this forum. To name a few, well there's sister Amat Allah, sister Amatur Rahman (I love the beautiful pictures she posts along with the words of dhikr Allah), sister Ghazala, brothers naidamar, Perseveranze, Woodrow, Guestfellow (and his croissants fwends) and also non-Muslim members like sisters glo, PouringRain and brother Eric H.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-22-2011, 05:26 PM
. . . . . . . . . . .

3rddec
03-22-2011, 05:39 PM
1) that God in his infinate love and mercy continues to reach out for a sinner like me.

2) that even after all the insults in my life I have given to God he continued to shower me with Goodness in the form of my wife and children

3) that God continues to offer me oportunities to atone for my sins by helping in my own tiny fashion to spread some of his love and wisdom ( I just wish I could do more )

Love and Respect

PouringRain
03-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Three things I am thankful for today:

1) God is faithful.

2) Joy.

3) All the pretty flowers in bloom outside.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S.Belle
03-22-2011, 06:21 PM
1. I appreciate that I was given another day by Allah
2. I appreciate all those who have helped me in some way
3. I appreciate your awesome threads :)

Endymion
03-22-2011, 06:29 PM
There are countless things i appriciate every day and it can easily make a huge book if i name them :D So,just a few :D

Flowers :statisfie
Kids ........ shoooo cute :statisfie
Stars,specially the fix stars.I can stare at them for hours and get a neck pain :D
The Crescent Moon :cresentbl
The beauty of Nature (it includes every thing,specially my beautiful friends) :D
And talking about the forum,i appriciate the posts of Amatallah every time and every time i need to spread reputation to give her again :cry:
Future Plans of Zuzubu :D
And i will write more later :D

Flame of Hope
03-22-2011, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
There are countless things i appriciate every day and it can easily make a huge book if i name them :D So,just a few :D

Flowers :statisfie
Kids ........ shoooo cute :statisfie
Stars,specially the fix stars.I can stare at them for hours and get a neck pain :D
The Crescent Moon :cresentbl
The beauty of Nature (it includes every thing,specially my beautiful friends) :D
And talking about the forum,i appriciate the posts of Amatallah every time and every time i need to spread reputation to give her again :cry:
Future Plans of Zuzubu :D
And i will write more later :D
I appreciate Endymion's post and the ample use of emoticons, smileys and grins.

And I'm getting excited about the possibilities of appreciation. I agree with you Endymion, we could EASILY make a huge huge huge book writing about it.

I appreciate the fact that I have the ability to appreciate. Alhamdulillah!

I appreciate flowers too, but specifically I love the red red rose. Hey, anyone got beautiful pictures of roses? Or grow them in your garden? My, how lucky you would be! Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!!

Ghazalah
03-22-2011, 07:03 PM
1. My best friend.
2. The able body Allah has given me.
3. My good reflex skills, else I would have probably been in hospital now with a burnt hand :hmm:

Revert 2010
03-22-2011, 10:43 PM
My are as follows:
1. Health
2. Being able to laugh with friends and people in general
3. The countless possibilities that Allah has presented me each and everyday
4. My Family

3rddec
03-22-2011, 10:47 PM
BY the way I love this thread ; such a positive Vibe ; more more more

Love and Respect

Little_Lion
03-22-2011, 10:54 PM
Today I have been appreciating Allah's creation of the weather. It is damp and rainy outside - somewhat cool, which for here is just above freezing - and it smells like spring. It's also very windy, and I spent several minutes outside just BREATHING, and being thankful to Allah for all the beauty He made.

Tonight it is supposed to change over to snow, and we are under a winter storm warning. Tomorrow I will be just as thankful, for the sight of everything under a beautiful white blanket is always amazing. I give my humblest thanks to Allah our Creator that I am here to witness every day and all the incredible things He has to show us.

Flame of Hope
03-22-2011, 11:48 PM
Often we take little things for granted. :(

I am thankful for the good night's sleep and rest and can appreciate how alive and good I feel when I get up in the morning, refreshed.

Thankful for my cup of tea in the morning, thankful for those two scoops of sugar, sugar made from sugar cane, milk that comes from cows and tea leaves that are grown somewhere in the hills of Darjeeling or Assam in India. When I think of these things, I marvel at how Allah had made that particular sugar cane just for me, that cow just for me and those tea leaves just for me! And this increases me in awe and more gratitude. Alhamdulillahir Rabbil al Ameen!

Thankful for the pinch of salt in our food, without which food would taste sooo bland!

Thankful that I can move my limbs and move around, bend, turn, sit, stand, walk and dance.

Thankful that I can see the trees outside swaying in the wind, cherry blossoms budding. The promise of spring in all its glory reminds me of what we can expect in Paradise.....

Endymion
03-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Flame,I think you should Rename this thread as "The Alhamdulillah Thread" :D

And i appreciate your ideas :statisfie

Flame of Hope
03-23-2011, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Flame,I think you should Rename this thread as "The Alhamdulillah Thread" :D

And i appreciate your ideas :statisfie
Jazakallah khair Endymion for your generous words of appreciation regarding my ideas. lol. Be careful though coz sometimes my ideas can be rather wild. ;D

You're right. We should rename this thread as The Alhamdulillah Thread. Now, I can appreciate the fact that such an idea got into your head, Endymion. :statisfie

Your idea has kinda given me another :Crescent:idea

For every thing we are thankful for, why not add in words of Dhikr Allah? I was so inspired by that Dhikr Allah thread where sister Amatur Rahman has got beautiful pictures along with words of Dhikr Allah. This thread can be a little different from that one in that we'll be talking about the things we appreciate and are thankful for and THEN say the words of Dhikr.

There's also a great benefit that comes with this. Dhikr Allah that is accompanied by thought, contemplation and feeling carries with it more weight than Dhikr Allah that is done without thought and feeling. Deeds of worship that are done with understanding have a greater reward, don't they? Let's praise Allah for all the blessings He has showered upon us and let those words of praise come from the depths of our hearts. And He who is Al Khabir, Al Alim, As Sami and Al Baseer will surely take note that you mean every word you say. :)

We could also post some pictures that go along with our words of appreciation. That would have a superb effect I think.

So are you ready for this? Iam! :statisfie

Flame of Hope
03-23-2011, 05:03 PM
I appreciate and am thankful for:

1. Paper towels. They make life so much easier. Subhanallah wal hamdulillah wallahu akbar!

2. My computer and internet connection. What a priceless thing it is to be able to connect with people all over the world! Alhamdulillahir Rabbil al ameen!

3. The dish washing machine. What a blessing!!! Subhanallahi wa bi hamdihi! Subhanallah al adheem!!!

S_87
03-23-2011, 05:16 PM
a loving supportive family

S.Belle
03-23-2011, 05:19 PM
I appreciate being able to live another day Subhanallahi wa bi hamdihi Subhanallah al adheem

I appreciate my grandmother taking shahada before she passed away Subhanallahi wa bi hamdihi Subhanallah al adheem

I appreciate being able to live in a place where it is safe and secure Subhanallahi wa bi hamdihi Subhanallah al adheem

PouringRain
03-25-2011, 12:05 AM
Things I appreciate today:

1) I appreciate people who are kind enough to share their colds.

2) I appreciate waking up gently at 3 am and lying in a semiconscious state for an hour while my mind works and my body is frozen.

3) I appreciate the continued blessings that God is feeling so generous with lately!

Little_Lion
03-25-2011, 03:28 AM
Today I greatly appreciate Ummah Radio! I'm working on a piece of art and listening to the beautiful nasheeds helps me to keep Allah foremost in my heart. Jazak'Allah khayr to everyone who has a part in it!

MustafaMc
03-25-2011, 03:29 AM
I appreciate most:

1) being guided to see the truth of Islam

2) being provided with a job that I enjoy

3) being provided with a home to shelter me from the elements

4) being provided with my sustenance including clean drinking water

5) being married to someone who shares my faith

Woodrow
03-25-2011, 03:40 AM
Although this is a bit humorous, it is true. At my age I appreciate each day I do not see my name listed in the obituaries.

Salat
03-25-2011, 05:18 AM
Thank Allah, I’m still breathing
Still can begging for HIS forgiveness
Surround people that I Love and love me
With eye can see
With ear to listen

And mouth to talk
Little finger to touch

Flame of Hope
03-25-2011, 05:54 AM
I'm thankful:

That an earthquake did not hit my house, nor is my home burned to the ground. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

That all my family members are safe and sound. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

That I am not suffering from sore throat, fever and headache. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

That there's toilet paper in the bathroom. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen! :D

Ghazalah
03-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Family.

Where I reside in, no war, no earth quake, no constant living in fear.

The weather today was beautiful.

Alhamdillah! :wub:

Revert 2010
03-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Salaam, today I thank Allah for the ability to keep calm in a tricky situation and the ability to be patient, which can be hard for me.

Little_Lion
03-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Today I am thankful for a woman who had a great influence on my life, named Betty MacDonald. She wrote a wonderful, funny book series for children called "Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle", all about manners, cleanliness, being truthful, patient, and kind. (I will say that some of the stories included fantasy magic, so I would suggest that Muslim adults verify if it is something they would want to share with their children if that is a concern.) Today on Time's website they had a listing of the top ten most missed book series for children, and this one I DEFINITELY agreed with, as looking at youth today, I think they could use a lesson or two! We lost Ms. MacDonald from this world in 1958, but I thank Allah that He put in my hands her stories to learn from when I was very young.

Woodrow
03-26-2011, 03:14 AM
Being snowed in again today, I deeply appreciate the many memories Allaah(swt) has allowed to keep. A snowy day is a good time to reflect over the past and see the many gifts Allaah(swt) has given me and learning that what I often saw as curses were actually among the best gifts. Exactly what I needed at the time even though I did not want them at the time.

CosmicPathos
03-26-2011, 03:43 AM
I am thankful for existing and for being allowed to see and experience first-hand the deception of this dunya and all its deceptive riches, yet sometimes I wish I was a straw of a tree lying on the ground. Sometimes I wish my mother had not bore me so I did not have to experience this and be deviated. quoting umar al khatab (ra)

Amat Allah
03-26-2011, 03:47 AM
- being a slave of Allah...Alhamdulillah...
- all what Allah blessed me with, still and will...Alhamdulillah...
- being part of IB family and having you all in my life...Alhamdulillah...
- Humbly, being mentioned in this thread twice (may Allah make me desreve this Ameeen)...Alhamdulilah...
- being able to see my parents and feel their love and compassion...Alhamdulillah...
- everything I had, have and will...Alhamdulillah...

Endymion
03-26-2011, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
Jazakallah khair Endymion for your generous words of appreciation regarding my ideas. lol. Be careful though coz sometimes my ideas can be rather wild. ;D
The crazy Endy with the company of wild Flame will rock the forum :D

You're right. We should rename this thread as The Alhamdulillah Thread. Now, I can appreciate the fact that such an idea got into your head, Endymion. :statisfie
(Pretending like She is really smart and kind but hiding the fact that its actually someone else Idea :giggling:

Oh really,thats nothing sis,you can use my ideas to make your thread better :statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
I appreciate and am thankful for:

1. Paper towels. They make life so much easier. Subhanallah wal hamdulillah wallahu akbar!
Yeah,and truly a blessing when you are waiting for a bus and birds drop something unpleasent on you :D

The dish washing machine. What a blessing!!! Subhanallahi wa bi hamdihi! Subhanallah al adheem!!!
Alhamdulillah for our new maid,our dish wasing and laundry mashine,she is really clean and nice.Her performane is amazing in all fields of life.I really appriciate that She gave birth to 9 sons :muddlehea

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Although this is a bit humorous, it is true. At my age I appreciate each day I do not see my name listed in the obituaries.
Made me laugh for a minute but then made me sad.I cant even imagine of loosing such a great Uncle :cry:

Flame of Hope
03-26-2011, 09:24 PM
I really appreciate Endy's generous use of emoticons. Alhamdulillahir Rabbil al ameen!!

Another thing I really appreciate:

This forum is blessed with truly, awesome and wonderful team of moderators. Alhamdulillahir Rabbil al ameen!!

I'm tempted to list a whole bunch of other things I appreciate. But for today, I'll be content to say that I really do appreciate and am thankful for:

My slippers. Protection for my feet. Thank God that I have feet!! Subhanallah wal hamdulillahir rabbil al ameen! and.....

Rubber bands. :D Without them my daughters and I would look like scarecrows. Alhamdulillahir Rabbil al ameen!! and....

Allah's kindness in giving me time and ability to write the story of my reversion. Alhamdulillahir Rabbil al ameen!!

Little_Lion
03-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Today I am most appreciative that a package I had ordered from SimplyIslam arrived, and masha'Allah, although it was completely torn open and rubber banded back together, the only thing missing was the instructions for the qibla compass (but I think that was a packaging error on the part of the manufacturer). Books on prayer, du'a, my prayer rug, the compass, and a new necklace (a small vial of Zamzam water with Ayat al-Kursi printed on it) was all there! All thanks be to Allah that it arrived safely . . . and if any postal or Homeland Security people went through the package, may it have been dawah for them and may they have seen the Truth that was within! :D

Flame of Hope
04-07-2011, 06:09 PM
I appreciate today:

1. Having a big TV set and a DVD + VCR player. It's a luxury to have entertainment just a button away. Alhamdulillahir Rabbil al ameen!

2. My big green umbrella. We'd be soaked wet if we didn't have it. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

3. Hot water in the taps. What a luxury to have hot water baths and showers. What a mercy too that I can do wu'du with warm water instead of cold that makes you shiver. Alhamdulilahir rabbil al ameen!

Ghazalah
04-08-2011, 10:26 AM
I appreciate having the day of Jumah, its's something to look forward to every week :D

yas2010
04-08-2011, 10:33 AM
I appreciate that Allah (swt) has blessed me with another day of life.
I appreciate that Allah (swt) has blessed me with the ability to awake for fajr and complete my pray.
I appreciate that Allah (swt) blessed me with children who are happily and healthy and skipped to school today. :)
I appreciate that its Jummah today and i will also visit the grave of my father and son.

Flame of Hope
04-08-2011, 06:57 PM
I appreciate today...and always and forever:

1. My husband. I'm grateful that I have him in my life. I would feel incomplete without him. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

2. My children. They teach me a lot! Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

3. The ability and time that Allah has given me to worship Him. There was a time when I was too busy. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

Flame of Hope
04-09-2011, 08:24 PM
I appreciate today:

1. My memory and Allah's favor to me for helping me remember Him. It's so easy to forget considering there are so many distractions. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

2. Good health for all my family members. There have been times when we fell sick and were bed-ridden. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

3. Allah's mercy in giving me another day to live. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

Revert 2010
04-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Being able to relax enjoy a long walk the sunshine and get some vitamin D

Flame of Hope
04-12-2011, 02:03 AM
I appreciate:

1. Being in America and having access to libraries, ability to borrow books and free internet services. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

2. A roof over my head. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

3. That winter is over and spring is here. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!