/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which names of God strike fear in your heart and why?

Flame of Hope
03-23-2011, 06:54 AM
Which names or attributes of God strike fear in your heart? Please give your reasons for each name. Jazakallah khair.

(Another question would be: which names or attributes of God inspire hope in your heart? You could answer this question in this thread if you like. But maybe it's better we got a separate thread for it.)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tigerkhan
03-23-2011, 07:12 AM
Sadeed Ul Eiqaab
Karim

Ghazalah
03-23-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm going to a course inshAllah soon, all dedicated to the names and attributes of Allah and so once I have (inshAllah) learnt and understood every meaning of each name, only then can I decide :D tbh though, they are all amazing one way or another. SubhanAllah. :wub:

Flame of Hope
03-23-2011, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
I'm going to a course inshAllah soon, all dedicated to the names and attributes of Allah and so once I have (inshAllah) learnt and understood every meaning of each name, only then can I decide tbh though, they are all amazing one way or another. SubhanAllah.
You are obligated to share your bountiful knowledge with us, sis. :muslimah:

Don't forget to post in this thread after you've learnt the meanings of those beautiful names!

There are various names of Allah that strike fear in my heart.....some of them are Al Khabir, Al Baseer, As Sami, Al Adheem and Al Mutakabbir. These names tell me that I can't hide from God. He knows each and every detail about me and is aware of every single thing I do, think and say!

As for the names that inspire hope....they are Ar Rahman, Ar Raheem, Al Ghaffar, Al Karim and Al Adl. Well, how can one not have hope when God is so Merciful, Forgiving and Just? :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!