any guesses? :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
03-24-2011, 10:35 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
2 armies/opponents :hmm:

Al-Mufarridun
03-24-2011, 10:41 AM
:D Yes, it's two armies. but that's not good enough.

Little_Lion
03-24-2011, 12:02 PM
It is the Battle of Uhud?

The green squares are the Quraish, and the blue are Mohammad (saw) and his armies. The blue square in the lower left are the archers left on the hill, and the green square in the upper right is the cavalry coming to sweep in?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Mufarridun
03-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Good guess sis, but it is not the battle of Uhud. :)

Here i've added few clues.

S.Belle
03-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Is it The Battle of the Trench?.....

R Khan
03-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Yeh must be the battle of khandaq..

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-24-2011, 04:14 PM
But where is the khandaq/trench?

R Khan
03-24-2011, 04:29 PM
I assumed the ravines were the trenches lol but took a closer look :exhausted

More clues plz.

And info on the prize you are going to give to whoever wins.

S.Belle
03-24-2011, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
But where is the khandaq/trench?
IDK im just guessing:hiding:

Al-Mufarridun
03-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Assalaamu alaikum all

good guesses . it is not khandaq, I doubt there are any rivers in Madinah. :D

here are more clues, hope i didn't give it away;

Ummu Sufyaan
03-25-2011, 01:09 AM
:sl:
i think khalid ibnul waleed radhiallahu anhu fought in the battle of yarmuk. there was also another one he fought in, i dont remember the name but khalwa bint as-Azwar radhiallahu anha also fought in that battle and i think he was the commander and he mistook her for being a man because she was such a good fighter :shade:

i dont know the story here though, but i guess it went something like this.

the "...camp" they didn't want the Muslim army to get to them, so they put their main camp behind the river stream and behind the ravine so that they weren't easy targets.
but, this isn't such a good move because then they cant access the Muslim army whom they need ot fight and whom are infront of the river stream. but somehow they got to were they got but i dont know how....

so the Muslim army have to somehow get to them. i would think that part of the Muslim army will split. "yazids wing" will go somewhere and the one in the middle that says "calvery" i assume will be at the front line and the one that isnt labeled i think will go somewhere aswell. khalid ibul waleeds calvary will stay on the front line as-well. as said, some are going to stay on the front line, but the others will cross the river to the non-Muslim camp. but i dont think they would go straight to the camp because you dont usually attack the actual camp in battle right? unless they are attacking them from behind. so they are going to go around them. but then if they did that, then they would fall in the ravines. unless they are trying to make the other army fall into the ravines. but then that is such a stupid tactic of the other army to stand in front of "crevasses," so i think it maybe a trick.

also, it strikes me that the non-mulim camp doesn't have a main cavalry.

the Muslim army are smart and have used less resources. this tells me that the Calvary they do have, is going to cause some damage and is really powerful. also, it means they have a lot of tawwakkul (very important).

also the Muslim army seem to be a little skinner in comparison. this tells me that they are a little more healthier....but i dont think in those days people over ate like we do these days.

i would say the the smaller squares (that are colored with 2 colors) are maybe 2 different representations of weapons and are extra people.

do the fact that the smarrer suwqres are colored does that represent anything and also does hte fact that some rectangles are narroer than other also mean something.

Al-Mufarridun
03-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum sis Ummu Sufyaan. Half-Answers are not accepted. :shade:

The rectangles with two colors represent the calvalry, while the larger one-colored rectangles represent the army. So both armies are divided into four parts, a left wing, a left center, a right center and a right wing. I told you as a clue who commanded the left wing of the Muslim army, it was Yazid ibn Abi Sufyaan. And Khalid ibn al-Waleed was the Commander of all the Muslim armies, while also leading the main reserve Cavalry. So we need to also know who commanded the other three parts of the Muslim Army, the centers and the right wing. :D

The size of the rectangles show the size of the armies compared to each other, so the Muslim army was by far smaller in numbers.

so i'll add another clue here:

Size of the Muslim Army in this Battle: 40,000
Size of the _____ Army in this Battle: 200,000

Muslim Casualties; 3,000 - 4,000
_____ Casualties; 70,000 - 120,000

Ummu Sufyaan
03-25-2011, 09:49 AM
^Hunain?

where they fighting the Romans? (i dont know who they were fighting at hunain, its a separate answer from the former)

Half-Answers are not accepted.
so which part was i right then

Al-Mufarridun
03-25-2011, 09:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
^Hunain?

where they fighting the Romans? (i dont know who they were fighting at hunain, its a separate answer from the former)

In Hunain the Muslims fought against the tribes of Hawazin and Thaqif. And Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) himself was leading the Muslim Army. :)

I wont tell you who they were fighting as that would most likely unveil the answer.

Al-Mufarridun
03-25-2011, 12:29 PM

Ummu Sufyaan
03-25-2011, 12:37 PM
what's the river for?

and other than the already mentioned, is there any account of who else was in battle? what was the cause of the battle? any famous casualties? women were also mentioned, what was their role?

Al-Mufarridun
03-25-2011, 12:51 PM
the river is what the Battle takes its name from.

Abu Ubaidah ibn al-Jarrah(ra) commanded the center-right of the Muslim army.

Mu'adh ibn Jabal was the Judge of the Muslim army.

Abu Sufyaan was the main motivator of the Muslim army.

The Muslim women, may Allah(swt) reward them, some fought with their swords when the enemy reached the Muslim camps, while others threw rocks at the retreating Muslim soldiers and urged them to go back and fight.

Al-Mufarridun
03-29-2011, 10:58 AM
:sl:

Bismillah,

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!