/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The What Did You Learn Today Thread...

Pages : [1] 2

Ghazalah
03-25-2011, 11:14 PM
:sl:

I'm not sure if there is a thread like this before? You just basically say the things you've learnt today :D If there is a thread can someone bump it and mods can delete this one..

I'll start- I learnt today that you shouldn't go car shopping without a male, else you won't be taken seriously :raging:

I learnt that chest infections left untreated can spread to the eyes :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Qasid
03-25-2011, 11:17 PM
In a khutba from Jummah prayer today I learned that before allah(swt) will forgive you , you must forgive thous of whom you may hurt.

Sawdah
03-25-2011, 11:26 PM
I learned that people who gossip to you, will most likely gossip about you so it's best if you stay far away from them...

Neelofar
03-25-2011, 11:27 PM
Today I learnt no matter how loud my alarms are, I ALWAYS SLEEP THROUGH THEM! =(

...and I learnt from the above posts too :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Qasid
03-26-2011, 12:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qasid
In a khutba from Jummah prayer today I learned that before allah(swt) will forgive you , you must forgive thous of whom you may hurt.
I mean you must forgive those who have hurt you

Re.TiReD
03-26-2011, 12:31 AM
AssalamuAlaykum

I learnt (and am still in the process of learning) that sometimes, doing the right thing can be extremely difficult, but it does actually get a lot easier somewhere along the line =D alhamdulillah

Wassalam

LavaDog
03-26-2011, 12:55 AM
3 days ago I learnt that another one of the marines i served with converted to Islam, which makes 11 that we know of.

Flame of Hope
03-26-2011, 06:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
I'm not sure if there is a thread like this before? You just basically say the things you've learnt today If there is a thread can someone bump it and mods can delete this one..
I learnt that sister Ghazala is very capable of starting interesting and beneficial threads. :D

Ghazalah
03-26-2011, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
I learnt that sister Ghazala is very capable of starting interesting and beneficial threads.
That should have been learnt a long time ago <_<

I learnt that Asda are now selling the chocolate Crunch for £1 and no longer 75p imsad

sherz_umr
03-26-2011, 07:05 PM
lol to abov posts.

I learnt abt walking.
Its best to walk 45mins per day.
We gota walk b4 breakfast i.e. on an empty stomach so that the body burns fat. (briskly,30mins atleast)
its good to walk (20mins afta) dinner. Slow leisurly wlk for 10mins. This prevents heartburn,acidity.

PouringRain
03-27-2011, 04:15 AM
Today I learned that.....

1) The university library is not open at 7 pm on Saturdays.
2) Hobby Lobby closes at 8.
3) The fabric store closes at 6.
4) The teacher's store does not carry those triangle shaped pencil grips.

noorseeker
03-27-2011, 06:59 AM
i learnt that i worry tooooo much

Ghazalah
03-27-2011, 08:00 AM
I learnt that staying up after Fajr after not much sleep makes me moody <_<

I also learnt about the amazing ability Allah SWT gave Prophet Sulayman AS :wub:

Little_Lion
03-28-2011, 04:36 AM
Today I learned that being sick is really lousy (I always seem to forget exactly HOW lousy until I get sick again), and that there is such a thing as watching too much InuYasha (I watch very little TV unless I'm sick).

Endymion
03-28-2011, 12:44 PM
I learn that i learn too much but practice very little :p

P.S.
Hey Ghazala,you went to but that car you have in your dp :uuh: Girl you made me jealous :enough!:

Reflections
03-28-2011, 12:50 PM
I learnt what goes around will surely come around.

elina
03-28-2011, 01:50 PM
I learnt that if you forget to change your clock one hour forward you will end up making a pre-arranged call one hour late :(

Ghazalah
03-28-2011, 04:36 PM
I learnt today that no matter how intelligent you are, if you don't have Islam, you have nothing.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-28-2011, 05:46 PM
I learnt this a few months ago but im not yet sure whether its true or not.

The clock doesnt go forward or backward in US? And other countries beside Uk? Is this true?

Also i learnt that now i have to get up an hour earlier :-\

Sorry for the silly questions.

GuestFellow
03-28-2011, 05:59 PM

I learnt when you close the fridge, the light is not on. :p:

PouringRain
03-29-2011, 02:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
I learnt this a few months ago but im not yet sure whether its true or not.

The clock doesnt go forward or backward in US? And other countries beside Uk? Is this true?

Also i learnt that now i have to get up an hour earlier :-\

Sorry for the silly questions.

In most places of the US, we do change the clock forward and backward-- "spring forward" and "fall back." Only a few oddball places, like Phoenix, do not change their clocks.

I dunno how accurate this is: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/2011.html

Woodrow
03-29-2011, 03:06 AM
We finally got TV again, I learned it was not worth getting after watching it for 5 minutes.

Re.TiReD
03-29-2011, 08:07 AM
The US (New York) went forward around a week or two ago so our time difference was 4 hours but then we went forward too so it's back to being 5 hours again.

Zuzubu
03-29-2011, 08:56 AM
I learned who were the 5 rightly guided caliphs, by using maths. xD

29 years Rashidun Caliphate, and 6 months of ruling by Hasan (ra). = 30 years.

GuestFellow
03-29-2011, 10:13 AM
Salaam,

I discovered that staying awake all night without sleep can make you tired, hungry, giddy and laugh for no reason. All at the same time as well...

sherz_umr
03-29-2011, 11:06 AM
'..and laugh 4 no reason'?
Sounds crazy..

Danah
03-29-2011, 11:16 AM
I learned today that some people you always trust can be so cruel and mean to you.....and that can tear you apart.

So you better expect anything from anyone in this life so you wont be surprised and hurt too much at the end.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
In most places of the US, we do change the clock forward and backward-- "spring forward" and "fall back." Only a few oddball places, like Phoenix, do not change their clocks.

I dunno how accurate this is: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/2011.html
Aah okay, thanks for the information.

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
We finally got TV again, I learned it was not worth getting after watching it for 5 minutes.
Thats true! Tv is geekily boring!

format_quote Originally Posted by ...FLaWeD...
The US (New York) went forward around a week or two ago so our time difference was 4 hours but then we went forward too so it's back to being 5 hours again.
Jazakallaahu Khaair, interesting!

format_quote Originally Posted by Zuzubu
I learned who were the 5 rightly guided caliphs, by using maths. xD

29 years Rashidun Caliphate, and 6 months of ruling by Hasan (ra). = 30 years.
you men coz theres 5? what do you mean using maths? sorry im confused
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Salaam,

I discovered that staying awake all day without sleep can make you tired, hungry, giddy and laugh for no reason. All at the same time as well...
I never sleep during the day, buti still laugh for no reason sometimes :-\
format_quote Originally Posted by sherz_umr
'..and laugh 4 no reason'?
Sounds crazy..
lol yeah, but it sometimes is sort of true :-\, especially if you sleep really late.
but it happens sometimes when i sleep early :-\
Or maybe its natural for me :-\

Al-Mufarridun
03-29-2011, 11:28 AM
I learned how to pronounce the capital city of Burkina Faso!
give it a shot:

Ouagadougou

:D

GuestFellow
03-29-2011, 11:28 AM
^ I meant all night. I learnt that staying awake all night increases the probability of making typos.

Revert 2010
03-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Today I learnt that they used to wear lead and mercury in cosmetics in ancient Greece and Rome, on a practical level I have learnt to expect the unexpected : ).

Little_Lion
03-29-2011, 09:55 PM
I learned that a local department store carries Hello Panda cookies!!! (Very happy, I used to only be able to get them at a Filipino restaurant that long ago went out of business).

I learned that advice given to an ill husband is rarely taken, since whining is much more fun than following said advice, apparently.

I learned that hundreds upon hundreds of robins in a neighborhood are LOUD. And since robins are said to be the first sign of spring, I think it hit my town like a brick wall today. But it sure was a nice sound to pray to . . . it was like all of Nature was praising Allah. :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-29-2011, 09:56 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

I learnt that i still love chicken!

... and Chocolate.

PouringRain
03-29-2011, 11:15 PM
I learned that there is something called "Halal Jerky".......... (I came across it by accident.) http://www.thehalaljerky.com/

Anyone ever eat it?

Ghazalah
03-31-2011, 10:09 AM
I learnt that i still love chicken!
That you still?? Chicken is the best thing on earth :wub:

I haven't learnt anything yet, the day is still young! :embarrass (11.08am :p)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-31-2011, 11:21 AM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

I learnt that when im bored i say the most randomist things to entertain myself.

Its fun, y`all should try it aswell...

but you geekz are just too geeky to be random, i know you would never try it, so nevermind!:hmm:

Little_Lion
03-31-2011, 12:16 PM
*Bugs Bunny voice* Dat Pearl, she don't know me very well, do she?

:lol:

Beardo
03-31-2011, 01:06 PM
I learned that finding a buddy is really, really difficult.

GuestFellow
03-31-2011, 01:14 PM
I learnt that conveyancing is the most BORING subject on this planet. I hate it. I can't stand it. It's makes me vomit. I'll burn that book after I finish my exams and then I'll force the author of that book to eat the burnt book...

Ramadhan
03-31-2011, 01:17 PM
Today I learned that I gained weight 5 kilos in the past 2 months!

:skeleton:
:embarrass
:cry:
:exhausted
:enough!:
:raging::raging::raging::raging::raging:

Time to go back to the gym and less eating!

Ramadhan
03-31-2011, 01:20 PM
I'll burn that book after I finish my exams and then I'll force the author of that book to eat the burnt book...

Today I learned that I should never ever make Guestfellow bored.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-31-2011, 01:24 PM
^"Conveyancing" LOL, i can barely say that, that word is funny, reminds of the 10,0000 other billions 'long' n 'big' words in the english language. It is also a boring word!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-31-2011, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Today I learned that I gained weight 5 kilos in the past 2 months!

:skeleton:
:cry:
:exhausted
:enough!:
:raging::raging::raging::raging::raging:

Time to go back to the gym and less eating!
wow subhaan'Allaah

You now need to learn how to lose it all, losing it wont be as fun as gaining it.

PouringRain
03-31-2011, 02:35 PM
I learnt that conveyancing is the most BORING subject on this planet. I hate it. I can't stand it. It's makes me vomit. I'll burn that book after I finish my exams and then I'll force the author of that book to eat the burnt book...
I learned long ago that sometimes the seemingly most boring of things can be the absolute most fun. Yay for boring! (Don't lose heart, Guestfellow!) :)

Haya emaan
03-31-2011, 03:26 PM
i learned today not to expect highest marks every time in the class... u could be the second highest one also...:(

Ramadhan
03-31-2011, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mun-o-salwa
i learned today not to expect highest marks every time in the class... u could be the second highest one also...

I learned years ago that my marks were conversely proportional with the amount of time I spent on the net :p

Re.TiReD
03-31-2011, 04:39 PM
I learnt that I learnt something but that I don't always remember what I've learnt, it remains with me as a concept or as a lesson to learn from but I havn't quite learnt to put experiences like these into words. If that makes sense. I guess I also learnt that to keep myself from being bitten at the same hole twice, I really must THINK deeply before doing anything.

I've also learnt that sometimes people think in a way that is incorrect and although you may be doing something that is correct, you've got to live with the fact that somebody somehwere will take it the wrong way, and if you can't change the way people think, maybe it's best to change the way you work instead? Just to keep the peace, Wallahu A'lam

haseeb4
03-31-2011, 05:01 PM
I realized today that its almost impossible for me to win the commonwealth essay competition....:(

GuestFellow
03-31-2011, 07:51 PM
I learned long ago that sometimes the seemingly most boring of things can be the absolute most fun. Yay for boring! (Don't lose heart, Guestfellow!) :)
...No, conveyancing is extremely boring. It is about procedures involving buying and selling property, though there are other stuff like shares, gifts, leaseholds, commonhold land, trusts, re-mortgaging, property disputes,etc. The forms are the most depressing, burns my eyes. I can't wait to drop this barbaric subject...I miss civil litigation....

^"Conveyancing" LOL, i can barely say that, that word is funny, reminds of the 10,0000 other billions 'long' n 'big' words in the english language. It is also a boring word!
Con-vey-a-sing. It actually sounded interested until I read the first sentence... :/

Revert 2010
03-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Salaam,Today I learnt that person blinks 17,000 times in a day and that male sea horses have the mini sea horses just two random things lol.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-31-2011, 08:10 PM
...No, conveyancing is extremely boring
Apologies i couldnt read on, i tried but all that came to mind was "bla bla bla ......"

Convey a sing almost sounds like convey a song.
format_quote Originally Posted by Revert 2010
Salaam,Today I learnt that person blinks 17,000 times in a day and that male sea horses have the mini sea horses just two random things lol.
Wa Alaaykum Salaam

wow thats amazing, if its true. blinking sooo many times must be really tiring for the eyes :-\

I learnt that i learnt nothing today!

GuestFellow
03-31-2011, 08:13 PM
[

Apologies i couldnt read on, i tried but all that came to mind was "bla bla bla ......"

Convey a sing almost sounds like convey a song.
That's so geeky.

I learnt that the most dangerous bird is Cassowaries.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-31-2011, 08:16 PM
^Oh theres one i learnt, that brother Guestfellow cant quote someone.

You just drag your mouse over the text, basically highlighting it and you should see the word "quote" pop up and then click it. It should work fine insha'Allaah

I thought it was the Eagle, khaair

Ghazalah
03-31-2011, 08:19 PM
I learnt that what GuestFellow writes I don't grasp a thing... :hmm:

I also learnt cats can't blink. SubhanAllah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-31-2011, 08:21 PM
^I learnt that too, but another sister said they do :-\

Allaahu Alam

Beardo
04-01-2011, 04:16 PM
I also learnt cats can't blink. SubhanAllah
Whoa! o.o; So they're always looking at you with wide eyes. Makes sense now. I thought it was because I looked stunning...

Little_Lion
04-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Yes, cats can blink. They actually have three eyelids, did you know that? The two "normal ones" and a nictating membrane as well. :)

My cats used to blink at me all the time . . . I took it as cat-speak for "you idiot".

S.Belle
04-01-2011, 06:16 PM
^ lol or leave me alone im sleepy

i learned that marshmallow fluff doesnt contain gelatin thnks Lil Lion :)

Revert 2010
04-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Today I learnt that it is impossible for a person to lick their own elbow and that 90 percent of women who walk into a department store immediately turn to the right.

Sawdah
04-01-2011, 08:04 PM
I learned that Gmail Motion is fake. So disappointed...

AabiruSabeel
04-01-2011, 08:15 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Sawdah
I learned that Gmail Motion is fake. So disappointed... -_-
Opera had a similar one 2 years ago. http://labs.opera.com/news/2009/04/01/

Reflections
04-01-2011, 08:47 PM
I learnt that from the saying 'the wise person learns from their mistakes, but the wiser one is the person who learns from others mistake'..I most definitely don't fit under the 2nd category.

Ghazalah
04-01-2011, 09:36 PM
I learnt that I'm confused about cats, whether they blink or not =/

I also learnt that apologising even when you have done nothing may be the only solution. *sigh*

S.Belle
04-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Today I learnt that it is impossible for a person to lick their own elbow and that 90 percent of women who walk into a department store immediately turn to the right.

its also almost impossible to lay you palm flat on your shoulder
im the other 10% :shade:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Lol yea I dont always turn right. Dont know how they even came up with that statistic lol.

I learned...Physics today...like every day of the week ;D

PouringRain
04-02-2011, 04:13 AM
Why do they turn right? Are women's clothing to the right, generally? Perhaps the carts are on the right? Maybe the sales brochure? (Maybe I think too much?) ^o)

As I sit and think about stores that I go in, I almost always go immediately to the left. If not left, then it's straight ahead! I can't think of a single store that I walk into and turn right. Oh wait! I turn right when I go into the grocery store! :statisfie (That is because there is absolutely nothing to the left except the registers! So, most everyone walks in and turns right, regardless of gender.)

Little_Lion
04-02-2011, 05:28 AM
It's funny, they did a similar study at Walt Disney World and found that the majority of the people, when they enter the parks, go to the right as well, regardless of how they space the big-ticket rides. For shorter lines, at park opening, head left! *shrugs and grins*

marwen
04-02-2011, 08:40 AM
I learned that no matter how much your problems are depressing, a good sleep then a good breakfast, will make you feel better.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Why do they turn right? Are women's clothing to the right, generally? Perhaps the carts are on the right? Maybe the sales brochure? (Maybe I think too much?) ^o)

As I sit and think about stores that I go in, I almost always go immediately to the left. If not left, then it's straight ahead! I can't think of a single store that I walk into and turn right. Oh wait! I turn right when I go into the grocery store! :statisfie (That is because there is absolutely nothing to the left except the registers! So, most everyone walks in and turns right, regardless of gender.)

LOL exactly! Makes me think how ridiculous that statistic is. If you need to get fruits or vegetables, arent you gunna turn to the right?! Whats the big deal honestly. Most grocery stores have it to the right. My mom and i do that too, go either left or straight ahead mostly. OBviously youre gunna go where you need to, it has nothing to do with it being a woman thing...

Najm
04-02-2011, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
I learned that finding a buddy is really, really difficult.

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

So glad we agree!

FiAmaaniAllah

Haya emaan
04-02-2011, 03:39 PM
i learned yesterday how early u r ready to sleep u cant before midnight bcoz ur siblings have lots of stories to tell you and u have to keep ur ears open until they have finished or else u will never find them to hear ur ones.....:(

Revert 2010
04-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Salaam,Has learnt today that the average person will sneeze at 35 to 40 mph which I saw on the programme mythbusters. Has also learnt that Mothers day cost a fortune but is worth it to see my mother smile.

Endymion
04-02-2011, 06:05 PM
I learn that when your Surgeon finally announce the surgery date,you start dreaming about OT and your Surgeon :scared:

Haya emaan
04-02-2011, 07:06 PM
^ very horrible dreamsss:heated:

peace_maker
04-02-2011, 08:24 PM
I learned that we should never get over-excited when the hyper market comes up with new offers.
They're just new tricks to fool you. <_<

Little_Lion
04-02-2011, 08:46 PM
I learned that a hug from the elderly is one of the greatest thank-you's we can receive on this Earth. :)

Reflections
04-02-2011, 08:56 PM
I learnt alot today..

Re.TiReD
04-03-2011, 12:43 AM
I learnt that life hurts

S.Belle
04-03-2011, 03:27 AM
I learnt that life is FULL of surprises when u least expect them

Revert 2010
04-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Today I learnt It takes 17 muscles to smile --- 43 to frown. That writing in shorthand has it's benefits from time to time.

Woodrow
04-03-2011, 05:52 PM
I learned that most members who learned English in the UK use the word learnt instead of learned. Darn Brits don't speak English, like us Americans do.

Ghazalah
04-03-2011, 07:03 PM
^Learned? That sounds like someone who's trying to learn English! :p

Flame of Hope
04-03-2011, 07:34 PM
I have learned that there are many things in life that are best kept to myself.

Hannah.
04-03-2011, 08:17 PM
I have just learnt that I would have to post 155 more times until I can apply for the Sisters Section. Darn it.

GuestFellow
04-03-2011, 09:56 PM
I learnt that Hannah wants to join the sisters section. :/

Reflections
04-03-2011, 11:48 PM
lol @ Hannah, I learnt that I hate packing for holiday travelling

Beardo
04-04-2011, 12:17 AM
I learned that if we sincerely repent, and then commit the sin again, Allah Ta'ala will continue to forgive us. Subhanallah!

PouringRain
04-04-2011, 03:26 AM
1) It was 101 degrees F today.
2) Tomorrow it is supposed to be about 35 degrees cooler.

Amat Allah
04-04-2011, 03:32 AM
none to be trusted completely but Allah...

Woodrow
04-04-2011, 03:44 AM
1) It was 101 degrees F today.
2) Tomorrow it is supposed to be about 35 degrees cooler.
I just learned that PouringRain is not near North Dakota. Unless she meant to have a minus sign in front of that 101

Aprender
04-04-2011, 04:35 AM
Today I discovered that I am not brave and very fragile. I wish I was brave, but I'm not. I wish I had stronger faith...

Salahudeen
04-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Today I learned that it was Abu Ayub al Ansari who hosted the prophet (saw) for many nights when the prophet (saw) first migrated to Medina.

Mr.President
04-04-2011, 05:16 PM
today I learned that many haram things might come to you as easy way of making money but if I wait inaha allah I can get better halaal ways to earn money ! its all about patience !

peace_maker
04-04-2011, 05:50 PM
I learned this a long time ago but, thought everyone needs to learn it too...

You should never get into family matters, coz once you're in, there's no way out. :-\

Revert 2010
04-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Today I learnt that Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour, so all that headbanging was worth it lol, even though it may diminish my brain cell count. Plus I need to chill and trust in Allah to guide me : )

Ghazalah
04-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Today I learnt that Prophet Musa (AS) had a stuttering problem when he spoke. This ayah explains it, when he asks Allah SWT to help him when he spoke to Firawn.

(وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِّن لِّسَانِي ﴿٢٧
27. And untie the knot from my tongue

SubhanAllah.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-04-2011, 07:50 PM
^Subhaan'Allaah , that is what i learnt.

Reflections
04-05-2011, 02:36 AM
I learnt I made the wrong decision staying up

Little_Lion
04-05-2011, 03:02 AM
Well, my husband learned that as much as he wanted to ignore it, a lifestyle of drinking beer daily will land you in serious health issues. Isha'Allah he is thinking about this lesson VERY CAREFULLY :raging: as he sleeps in a hospital bed two hours away, hooked up to monitors and getting his blood taken every few hours to check the iron content because his liver decided it was haram.

Good liver. Have a cookie.

S.Belle
04-05-2011, 04:50 AM
sometimes this life just sucks

Little_Lion
04-05-2011, 05:54 AM
As for what I learned today, I learned that it is haram for women to perform nasheeds. This makes me sad, because I loved to sing, but I can understand by all means why it was ruled that way. Soon I hope to learn insha'Allah if it is allowed for women to sing along with them in privacy, and if it is allowed for women to write them for men to perform instead.

Revert 2010
04-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Salaam,today I have learnt that people's heart on average beats over 100,000 times a day, also learnt about the situation in the Ivory Coast from a friend from work who's mother is stuck in the conflict.

GuestFellow
04-05-2011, 02:15 PM
I learnt that Revert 2010 has been learning a lot. :p:

Salahudeen
04-05-2011, 02:38 PM
I learnt how Abdullah ibn zubair the grandson of Abu Bakr was martyred:cry:

Haya emaan
04-05-2011, 04:27 PM
i learned that every day i learn a lot of new things from this thread..
JAZAKALLAH every one

sherz_umr
04-05-2011, 04:54 PM
learnt tht sleepin 3-4 hrs straight afta lunch ruins my mood, makes me sluggish nd drowsy til nite.. Ugh.
Also, no matter hw many cockroaches u kill, clean the room, disinfct etc..they WILL DEFNTLY b replaced by a new family of ugly bugs.. Its so frustrating.
No matter how hard i try..cherry tree will not grow in my state.. :( they r so beautiful.. (sigh)

Beblessed
04-06-2011, 08:11 AM
today while reading 40 hadith i came across this hadith,

Ibn Abbas, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, related from his Lord (glorified and exalted be He):

"Verily Allah has recorded the good deeds and the evil deeds." Then he clarified that:
"Whosoever intends to do a good deed but does not do it, Allah records it with Himself as a complete good deed; but if he intends it and does it, Allah records it with Himself as ten good deeds, up to seven hundred times, or more than that. But if he intends to do an evil deed and does not do it, Allah records it with Himself as a complete good deed; but if he intends it and does it, Allah records it down as one single evil deed."

subhanAllaah!

this is what I learnt today and id like to share it.

AmineH
04-06-2011, 08:57 AM
I learned that in Arabic we should say :
"telkal kotob not olaekal kotob"

Ghazalah
04-06-2011, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amineh75
Is that in Farsi? All I could make out was kotob which I'm presuming means kitaab. :hmm:

Woodrow
04-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Is that in Farsi? All I could make out was kotob which I'm presuming means kitaab. :hmm:
Hmmm in Arabic (Darija Arabic) t'kal meams he said, Telkal I have not seen before. But Kotob means Bookstore or Library in Darija Arabic. So trying to understand it in Darija Arabic I see it as meaning "He spoke at the Library."

I just learned I still remember some of my Darija.

Ghazalah
04-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Hmmm in Arabic (Darija Arabic) t'kal meams he said, Telkal I have not seen before. But Kotob means Bookstore or Library in Darija Arabic. So trying to understand it in Darija Arabic I see it as meaning "He spoke at the Library."

I just learned I still remember some of my Darija.
T'kal? Like Qa'lah? He said? All I know is what she wrote isn't standard Arabic lol...

I learnt that even as an Arabic speaker, they're some Arab dialects that seem alien to you :hmm:

Woodrow
04-06-2011, 09:39 PM
T'kal? Like Qa'lah? He said? All I know is what she wrote isn't standard Arabic lol...

I learnt that even as an Arabic speaker, they're some Arab dialects that seem alien to you :hmm:
:wa:

Only the Arabic written in the Qur'an is the same world wide.

That is truly one of the marvels of the Quran. No matter what Arabic Dialect is a person's native tongue, they can understand the Quran.

There are considerable dialects in the daily spoken Arabic. Enough that when you get to the furthest Arabic speaking country from Arabia,--(Qu'd el Ouezzan) Maroc or Morocco It can not be understood by most of the rest of the Arab speaking world. The Darija Arabic spoken in Morocco is usually only spoken in Morocco and parts of Algeria.

I also learned I made an error in what I translated the above. T'kal means You said/spoke not He said/spoke, I should have translated that as "You Spoke in the Library" He said/spoke would have been Ee'Kal

Insaanah
04-06-2011, 10:07 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by amineh75
I learned that in Arabic we should say :
It's Arabic.

Tilka = that/those (grammatically tilka is feminine singular)

al-kutub = the books (plural of al-kitaab, meaning the book)

Plurals of inanimate objects are grammatically treated as feminine singular, hence tilkal kutub = those books.

The sister learnt that you can't use ulaa'ika for "those" with kutub as that's for use with a masculine plural.

Revert 2010
04-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Salaam, today I have learnt that certain coffee shops and their coffee has an adverse affect on my stomach which means I must have beaten the 100 m dash record in running to the bathroom lol. Also that The lifespan of a squirrel is about nine years.

Woodrow
04-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Salaam, today I have learnt that certain coffee shops and their coffee has an adverse affect on my stomach which means I must have beaten the 100 m dash record in running to the bathroom lol. Also that The lifespan of a squirrel is about nine years.
I just learned why my 10 year old pet squirrel doesn't move.

Revert 2010
04-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Lol I froze mine after I won it at the circus so I could put it on the mantelpiece lol

Little_Lion
04-06-2011, 11:04 PM
I learned you can win squirrels at the circus in the UK. O.o

I raised a squirrel once . . . I still have the scars from its nails 20 years later.

Today I learned the folly of assuming the worst from someone you love. It turns out that my husband's illness is NOT caused by his drinking (though it did excaberate it and he has to stop, which is still a good thing) but it is due to a hereditary defect that keeps his liver from properly processing iron. So even when the evidence is staring you straight in the face, it may not be the "truth".

GuestFellow
04-07-2011, 12:31 AM
I learnt people actually keep a squirrel....interesting.

AmineH
04-07-2011, 08:55 AM
salaam

I meant "Those are books". I agree with ensaah but I have learnt some new things form other discussions.

thanks ensaah

Revert 2010
04-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Today I learnt That I love the play pygmalion by George Barnard Shaw, but I still couldn't believe the way the play ended, also that crocodiles cannot stick out their tounge lol

Ghazalah
04-08-2011, 10:23 AM
I learnt that reciting surath Al-Kaffiroon protects one from kufr at the time of death.

PouringRain
04-08-2011, 11:12 AM
I learned something horribly awful..... :unhappy:

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-08-2011, 06:02 PM
I realized today that there is nothing in this world that I cannot learn at least those things i have come across.

I learned something horribly awful..... :unhappy:
Share with us.

Revert 2010
04-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Today I learnt that maybe there is no such thing as a soulmate : )

PouringRain
04-08-2011, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid

Share with us.
I can't. I'm sorry. :(

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Today, i learnt that if you upset someone, it kills you inside so you must do something about it i.e do good to forbid evil.

(I hope i make sense, coz i make sense to myself)

Woodrow
04-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Last night I was reminded that no matter how bad you think your problems are, somebody has worse ones.

We were driving back to Zeeland from Fargo. at about Midnight we were about 100 miles from Zeeland and the fog was so bad I could not see the road. so I pulled over to the first clear area I could find. I saw another car was there. It was a man about my age and his wife. I got talking with him and found out that he still had over 400 miles to go and he needed to be in Great Falls Montana. He had gotten word his brother had died and the funeral was to be in the morning. He wanted desperately to be in time for his brother's funeral.

I saw the fog as an inconvenience that at worse was going to cost me a few hours sleep. He saw the fog as a barrier that was going to stop him from being at his brother's funeral

yas2010
04-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Today i learnt that my little girl believes that when bees die they go to bee heaven.

Revert 2010
04-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Salaam, today I learnt that If you mouth the word "colorful" to someone, it looks like you are saying "I love you". Also that a certain topic is still a pretty touchy subject with me
when mentioned maybe it could have been true amor : )

BintAbee
04-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Nice thread :)

I learnt that the word al-muraahiqoon means adolescents

Ghazalah
04-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Salaam, today I learnt that If you mouth the word "colorful" to someone, it looks like you are saying "I love you"
Hmm.. I said that to my dad and he didn't think I was saying I love you to him lol... I think 'Elephant juice' sounds more like I love you.

I learnt today that words really do hurt people to the core even if they're not meant to imsad

Revert 2010
04-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Lol, really "elephant juice" sounds I love you I'll have to try that one out maybe wind someone up by saying it at work from a distance.I also heard that olive juice looks like I love you to a lip reader. I also heard that lip readers have problems with the word ship when mouthed. Today I learnt that writing my blog encourages me to write more and That a Dentist invented the electric chair. Thank Allah that I never had that dentist lol

Ghazalah
04-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Lol, really "elephant juice" sounds I love you I'll have to try that one out
Lol, I'm surprised you didn't try it out when you read it :p

Today I learnt about how ungrateful the Jews were when Allah SWT gave them endless bounties, subhanAllah.

Revert 2010
04-11-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm still having no luck with elephant juice lol : p, I also learnt that wearing gold shimmer sun block factor 50 makes me look like am wearing make up. The average person has over 1,460 dreams a year, I probably remember half of them some of which have been strange.

PouringRain
04-11-2011, 10:34 PM
I'm still having no luck with elephant juice lol : p, I also learnt that wearing gold shimmer sun block factor 50 makes me look like am wearing make up. The average person has over 1,460 dreams a year, I probably remember half of them some of which have been strange.
Today I learned that there are actually men who wear gold shimmer sunblock! :)

S.Belle
04-12-2011, 06:35 PM
^ ditto

sometimes things that you have planned out dont turn out so great.

Revert 2010
04-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Today I learnt that watching my team play football/soccer is making me dance around my front room with nerves lol I may take up paper mâché while watching a match in the future. I also learnt that The average person falls asleep in seven minutes. : )

Ghazalah
04-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Today I learnt that watching my team play football/soccer is making me dance around my front room with nerves lol I may take up paper mâché while watching a match in the future. I also learnt that The average person falls asleep in seven minutes. : )
What game are you watching? Either way Man Yoo are winning! Yay :D

I learnt that the dajjaal appearance is of the following:
-Strong
-Short
-One eye, right eye wiped out
-Hair like a sheep
-Will travel like the wind

Ansariyah
04-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Cant function normal without atleast 8 hours of sleep.

Revert 2010
04-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Am watching the Utd game, a big United fan : ) you watching the game? I have no fingernails left

S.Belle
04-12-2011, 11:40 PM
^ who won?

i learnt some new recipes

Revert 2010
04-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Manchester United won the game yesterday, what did you learn to cook S.Belle?

User29123
04-13-2011, 11:19 AM
I learnt how to put a region tag in Visual Basic lol

#Region "One"

#End Region

S.Belle
04-13-2011, 04:27 PM
what did you learn to cook S.Belle?
Tarte Tatin and Jerked Chicken Alfredo

I learnt that the Chinese divide their food into two group yin (cooling foods like crab or cucumbers) and yang (heating foods like beef or chilies).

BintAbee
04-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Learnt about oesophageal cancer

Laila-
04-13-2011, 09:19 PM
I learned to lower my gaze coz now I cant stop looking at the guy, I know its wrong, I'll try my best to lower my gaze when he is around

BintAbee
04-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Learnt about an acute abdomen: the nature of pain

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-14-2011, 03:57 PM
...that I'll die one day.

S.Belle
04-14-2011, 04:49 PM
I learnt that if you boil a can of condensed milk in a pot for 3 hours it turns into Dulce de Leche

Cabdullahi
04-14-2011, 04:55 PM
start: MOV A, #05H
MOV B, #04H

MOV R0, B

loop: ADD A, B
DJNZ R0, loop

END

Revert 2010
04-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Today I learnt that relaxing/chilling out instead of running around like a headless chicken for a day has it's benefits. That the longest flight for a chicken is 13 seconds. Also never to eat late at night and then go to sleep.

Ghazalah
04-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Also never to eat late at night and then go to sleep.
I always do that :embarrass

I learnt that Prophet Musa AS had some anger issues. SubhanAllah, but a very amazing character.

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-15-2011, 02:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
MOV B, #04H

MOV R0, B

DJNZ R0, loop

END
machine level programming...?

What MP are you using?

Abdul-Raouf
04-15-2011, 03:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
MOV B, #04H

MOV R0, B

DJNZ R0, loop

END

^^ He is trying hard to hard code a 8086 processor to make it behave like Corei7 processor ..

Processor Cloning -The hard code way - A nano research by Abdullahi.

Cabdullahi
04-15-2011, 08:41 AM
i just learned that a strand of moustache flicked upwards and is tickling my nose

better trim it

Revert 2010
04-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Today I learnt that over indulging in chocolate leads to the sugar shakes lol thank Allah I didn't start foaming at the mouth or maybe that's Rabies lol. In a nutshell,I have a really sweet tooth, also that Goodyear Rubber Company researched and concluded that shoes wear out faster on the right foot than the left.

S.Belle
04-15-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm learning how to make chocolate eclairs

Revert 2010
04-15-2011, 08:57 PM
How do you make them?? Sounds yummy : )

BintAbee
04-15-2011, 09:05 PM
I learnt that Sheikh Shuraim led Maghrib in Makkah tonight :shade:

S.Belle
04-15-2011, 09:19 PM
How do you make them?? Sounds yummy : )
im using a cookbook and its my first time making them so i dont really know a decent recipe to recommend
but if you really want to know try this
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Eclairs-II/Detail.aspx

but instead of using pudding mix im making the pastry cream homemade

I learnt that trying to substitute a ziplock bag into a pastry bag doesnt work out so good.

Reflections
04-16-2011, 02:19 PM
I learnt that Turkey is kind of alien to the niqaab and beard so it felt a somewhat a little intimidating with the constant stares and unwelcoming attitude, funny enough I feel more comfortable wearing it where I live and in the UK alone than in Turkey as I didn't expect that sort of attitude ..and how much leadership the muslims had in the time of the Ottoman Empire and how it was destroyed..and I also learnt how gifted the Turks were and are in architecture..especially with the masjid designs..beautiful big masjids unfortunately with just about one saff (line) of musallis.

Revert 2010
04-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Salaam, today I learnt I love telling stories to children at work when I get the chance to sit with them and read them a big book. In Tokyo, they sell toupees for dogs. *

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Today, i learnt that the sunny hot weather can put a smile on your face and makes you feel happy all day.

.. peace ..

BintAbee
04-17-2011, 06:15 PM
^yeh true and I learnt that Winter has surely started here

Cabdullahi
04-17-2011, 08:49 PM
i learned that i cannot always be in joker mode

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-17-2011, 09:39 PM
^I learnt that brother Abdullaahi cannot always be in a joker mode :-\

I hope that doesnt mean you cannot be happy at the same time!?! :-\

The creation of Allaah, The Most high,The All wise, is indeed beautiful for example, the sky, the sunshine, the animals, the ocean, trees, flowers, happiness etc. He has created a beautiful world, yet Jannah is more beautiful Subhaan'Allaah.Thinking about the Love of Allaah SWT is beautiful.

Oh and today i also learnt that i dont like those who raise their voices esp across the street to someone when they speak bad words its rude and bad mannered.

Reflections
04-17-2011, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by
The creation of Allaah, The Most high,The All wise, is indeed beautiful for example, the sky, the sunshine, the animals, the ocean, trees, flowers, happiness etc. He has created a beautiful world, yet Jannah is more beautiful Subhaan'Allaah.Thinking about the Love of Allaah SWT is beautiful.

I learnt that too..May Allah love you ya ukhti..Allahoma ameen : )

Revert 2010
04-17-2011, 10:06 PM
Today I learnt what's like to have a bad toothache I have so many pills now it's like a pharmacy at my place, I also learnt that Ants stretch when they wake up in the morning. Does anyone have any natural remedies for a toothache by any chance?

SlaveOfGod
04-18-2011, 12:28 AM
I learnt that sitting down to do revision is a mission.

And that ^ rhymes :D

Today I learnt what's like to have a bad toothache I have so many pills now it's like a pharmacy at my place, I also learnt that Ants stretch when they wake up in the morning. Does anyone have any natural remedies for a toothache by any chance?
Is it a wisdom?

syilla
04-18-2011, 07:21 AM
I learn that even how arrogant / egoistic i am and telling to myself i don't need 'that' person in my life... for all these years since i was small that person is not always here for me. There will be a time when i grew wiser and trying to be more humble ...i will then realised that everyone needed everyone even how bad a person can be and perhaps that person is actually a better person than yourself. *sigh (and see...i used the word 'perhaps') huhu

sherz_umr
04-18-2011, 08:58 AM
i just lernt tht nobdy gives a hoot about death..others death.
i mean, lke, wn u read in the paper tht '1,2,20,60,100 etc people died' we go like 'oh' nd thts it..milions r dying evryday..its all numbrs,til death takes smbdy close to us..

Endymion
04-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Today i learn that if you have strong faith in your Lord, basic neccessities of life (Family,food,shelter) and you are healthy,its enough to feel like you are the King of the world :statisfie

Dont look at others,look at yourself.Learn to live simply and Thank Allah SWT for his blessings.You will feel great :statisfie

Ghazalah
04-18-2011, 11:51 AM
I learnt that the names of Allah SWT make us feel our love for him... But also fear him...

Al-Mudhill (المذل)- The Humiliator

imsad

Woodrow
04-19-2011, 08:44 PM
If you take your finger and follow along your cheek bone, on the side of the tooth ache, at a point about half way between your nose and ear you will feel an indentation. Your trigeminal nerve passes through that point. If you apply pressure on it with your finger, the pain will either stop of be greatly reduced. You can also hold an cold pack on the cheek bone on the side the tooth ache is on.

Revert 2010
04-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Salaam, today I learnt that my team Manchester united are useless weep weep lol, that certain perfumes make me feel nauseated. I also learnt that Donald Duck's middle name is Fauntleroy.

Ahl_al-Kitāb
04-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Salaam, today I learnt that my team Manchester united are useless weep weep lol, that certain perfumes make me feel nauseated. I also learnt that Donald Duck's middle name is Fauntleroy.
:lol::haha::awesome:

Ghazalah
04-19-2011, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahl_al-Kitāb
:lol::haha::awesome:

<_<

I learnt someone on another forum passd away on, the day they were meant to get married imsad

May Allah grant her Janntul Firdous. Ameen.

Ahl_al-Kitāb
04-19-2011, 09:41 PM
<_<

I learnt someone on another forum passd away on, the day they were meant to get married imsad

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعون

S.Belle
04-19-2011, 11:06 PM
<_<

Ameen

I just learnt i used the wrong size baking pan :heated:

Innocent Soul
04-20-2011, 07:07 AM
I learnt today that eating tomatoes is really nice (I mean tasty) . I think you all are reading this post with this expression. ^o)

BintAbee
04-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Learnt about gall bladder pancreatitis and ERCP

Ghazalah
04-20-2011, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
I learnt today that eating tomatoes is really nice (I mean tasty) . I think you all are reading this post with this expression.
I love tomatoes, eat them like an apple. Yum :D

I learnt that my exam dates are not so bad after all alhamdillah.

sherz_umr
04-20-2011, 02:20 PM
oh god,i had this cousin who'd eat em like apples..sometimes he'd cut them into slices,sprinkle sugar and chomp chomp. Ugh..he said 'its lke ketchup dude'..

S.Belle
04-20-2011, 02:43 PM
I learnt how to make chocolate truffles
Im learning some interesting things about the ways of different Native American Tribes

Haya emaan
04-20-2011, 03:01 PM
today i finished learning the types of doors...thanks God

Hannah.
04-20-2011, 03:35 PM
I just learnt about this beautiful hadith:

Narrated Ibn Abbas (R): The Prophet (peace be upon him) narrating about his Lord said, “Allah ordered (the appointed angels over you)
that the good and the bad deeds be written, and he then showed (the way) how (to write). If somebody intends to do a good deed and he
does not do it, then Allah will write for him a full good deed (in his account with him) and if he intends to do a good deed and actually did it,
then Allah will write for him (in his account ) (its reward equal) from ten to seven hundred times, to many more time and if somebody intended
to do a bad deed and he does not do it, then Allah will write a full good deed (in his account ) with him, and if he intended to do it ( a bad deed)
and actually he did it, then Allah will write one bad deed (in his account)”.

(Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol 4. Hadith No. 498.)

Subhan'Allah :statisfie

Ghazalah
04-20-2011, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hannah.
Narrated Ibn Abbas (R): The Prophet (peace be upon him) narrating about his Lord said, “Allah ordered (the appointed angels over you)
that the good and the bad deeds be written, and he then showed (the way) how (to write). If somebody intends to do a good deed and he
does not do it, then Allah will write for him a full good deed (in his account with him) and if he intends to do a good deed and actually did it,
then Allah will write for him (in his account ) (its reward equal) from ten to seven hundred times, to many more time and if somebody intended
to do a bad deed and he does not do it, then Allah will write a full good deed (in his account ) with him, and if he intended to do it ( a bad deed)
and actually he did it, then Allah will write one bad deed (in his account)”.
I knew of this but didn't actually read the full hadith behind it, JazakAllahu Khairun sis. :)

Revert 2010
04-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Salaam, today I learnt that patience is a virtue and that I should take time out more to listen to other peoples perpective because I do tend to get tunnel vision when I have a goal to attain. I also learnt that this site has loads of superb people on it and that Hippo's milk is pink.

Ghazalah
04-20-2011, 10:44 PM
Hippo's milk is pink.
:mmokay: How did you learn that?

Revert 2010
04-20-2011, 10:58 PM
I read it today, I wonder is it possible for people to drink it, got invited to play badminton but haven't played it in ages I wanna play Kabaadi instead

Innocent Soul
04-21-2011, 02:12 AM
I want to play badminton but everyone's busy here. So I can't play. :D

Kabaadi
^o) You know how to play that. I like that game. :statisfie

Ghazalah
04-21-2011, 09:56 PM
I learnt the most practised religion in Bangladesh is HINDUISM! :ooh:

Reflections
04-21-2011, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1

^o) You know how to play that. I like that game. :statisfie
That game rings a bell

Reflections
04-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Today I learnt it was really hot and it was a struggle..while others were stripped semi-naked with the tiny ray of sunshine that we got..but reminded myself Hellfire is hotter!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-21-2011, 10:44 PM
^Yeah subhaan'Allaah

I learnt today that the forum was down i think almost all day :-\

I hope everyone spent their time preciously insha'Allaah...

peace

Revert 2010
04-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Today I learnt that I missed going for long walks in the sunshine and relaxing in the park but I did look lobster esque by the end I was afraid that someone may try and throw me out to sea lol. Also that Nigella Lawson looked elegant in her swimwear choice http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...n-a-beach.html maybe they will make one for guys.

Flame of Hope
04-22-2011, 07:09 PM
I learnt today that there are sinister forces at work in the forum, trying to get hold of my Idea Box. I managed to create a Dummy Box to make it look like my Idea Box, complete with Noah's Ark sticking out and all, and they found it. It was empty of course. But what got me is how they figured out the hiding place of my Dummy Box.

There's a mysterious Mila to whom the Daring Duo report to. And I suspect that Mila is behind the whole conspiracy. Maybe Mila is a code word. Still trying to figure it out. ^o) Hmmm.

I learnt that I would have to be extra vigilant in guarding my Idea Box.....(it's the box where I stuff all the things that I learn each day. ):D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-22-2011, 07:18 PM
^I learnt that the sister is geeky :-\

I also learnt that food is one the greatest blessings of the Allmighty, Alhamdulilaah!

Flame of Hope
04-22-2011, 07:28 PM
^I learnt that the sister is geeky :-\

I also learnt that food is one the greatest blessings of the Allmighty, Alhamdulilaah!
I learnt many days ago that sister Pearl of Wisdom has either a favorite emoticon. This one: :-\ or most of her collection of emoticons is out of order. :p

Woodrow
04-23-2011, 02:17 AM
I learned a few minutes ago it is not wise to think your wife is asleep and you make yourself a fast snack without making any for her.

Maybe she will save me a few bites.

Ramadhan
04-23-2011, 03:16 AM
I learned a few minutes ago it is not wise to think your wife is asleep and you make yourself a fast snack without making any for her. Maybe she will save me a few bites.
Ouch.
Thanks for this lesson, unc.
I will try to remember this kind of things when I get married.

Revert 2010
04-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Today I learnt that mobility scooters are pretty dangerous when they are speeding on the pavement an elderly gentleman was driving like he was Lewis Hamilton. Also that Cats can make over 100 individual vocal sounds, whereas dogs can only make 10.

SlaveOfGod
04-24-2011, 09:07 PM
I learnt that enough ice cold waters, not matter who warm it is, can give you a sore throat "/

Reflections
04-24-2011, 09:43 PM
I learnt that wealth is nothing if there is no barakah in it

Woodrow
04-25-2011, 01:09 AM
I learned that I can not accomplish 100 hours of tasks, I've put off, in a 24 hour day.

IslamicRevival
04-25-2011, 01:13 AM
I learnt...something but forgot what it was

Amat Allah
04-25-2011, 01:20 AM
not to change the amounts of the cake ingredients; because I'll get a rock instead of a cake...

S.Belle
04-25-2011, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
There's a mysterious Mila to whom the Daring Duo report to. And I suspect that Mila is behind the whole conspiracy. Maybe Mila is a code word. Still trying to figure it out. ^o) Hmmm.

I learnt that I would have to be extra vigilant in guarding my Idea Box.....(it's the box where I stuff all the things that I learn each day. ):D
You cant handle the true identity/meaning of Mila it will only drive you mad :skeleton:.

I learnt what it sounds like when my frog sings..its adorable :wub:

Re.TiReD
04-25-2011, 06:08 PM
I learnt that some people have this awesome awesomeness inside of them and that no matter how much you try to make them aware of this awesome awesomness they remain totally oblivious and thats what makes their awesomeness even more awesome :D masha'Allah

Ghazalah
04-25-2011, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...FLaWeD...
I learnt that some people have this awesome awesomeness inside of them and that no matter how much you try to make them aware of this awesome awesomness they remain totally oblivious and thats what makes their awesomeness even more awesome masha'Allah
I liked reading that lol :p

I learnt that tonight is going to be a long night. *sigh*

yas2010
04-25-2011, 08:18 PM
My dear husband wont allow the children and I to get a little kitten. :(

BintAbee
04-25-2011, 08:20 PM
I learnt some Arabic grammar from my sister's note book.

Revert 2010
04-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Today I learnt that life and people are totally beautiful plus I thank Allah for each moment and experience, sorry if that sounded a bit soppy am reaching for the tissues right now lol : ). I also learnt that More people use blue toothbrushes than red ones.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-25-2011, 10:12 PM
I learnt different things about everyone on this thread. They all learn something almost every day, and i enjoy reading it and i hope this thread never gets old or stops being 'active' if that makes any sense :-\

Reflections
04-25-2011, 10:40 PM
I learnt that spending time with family and going out on a friendly trip can make you love them more and appreciate them more..Alhumdulilah for my family

Revert 2010
04-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Today I learnt that my team need to score because am chewing on my pillow lol, also that Men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than women!

Ghazalah
04-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Today I learnt that my team need to score because am chewing on my pillow lol, also that Men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than women!
Utd should have scored! Argh that German keeper! <_<

EDIT: They scored!! Woohoo!

Ansariyah
04-26-2011, 08:15 PM
My Family is the bestestestestest!=) MashaAllah.

Revert 2010
04-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Ghaz I think we maybe getting to the final, woop woop. Tickets are going for £500 plus for the final which is madness.

Ghazalah
04-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Ghaz I think we maybe getting to the final, woop woop. Tickets are going for £500 plus for the final which is madness.
I hope so, utd should have 5+ goals tonight.

I learnt that Champions league final tickets are £500+! :ooh:

S.Belle
04-26-2011, 09:35 PM
I learnt that Revert2010 and Ghazzy are a bunch of crazed united fans

I learnt there is a Pettis vs Guida match June 4th..and im already sweating

SlaveOfGod
04-26-2011, 09:48 PM
I have also, unfortunetly learnt we have united fans on this forum :/

I think that's from a third source idk but United were playing against a team 10th in the Bundesliga!!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-26-2011, 10:12 PM
woop woop.
I found that funny, do people really say that in real life? if so it would be hilarious. i learnt that i find weird words funny.

Ghazalah
04-26-2011, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SlaveOfGod
I think that's from a third source idk but United were playing against a team 10th in the Bundesliga!!
United were playing a team that beat the holders of the Champs league both home and away! I must say that game was a walk in the park. :D

I found that funny, do people really say that in real life? if so it would be hilarious. i learnt that i find weird words funny.
My best friend says it, sounds well funny :giggling:

I learnt that....

format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle
I learnt there is a Pettis vs Guida match June 4th..and im already sweating
belles is a Football fan? (American football?) Or are you talking baseball? :confused:

S.Belle
04-26-2011, 10:55 PM

belles is a Football fan? (American football?) Or are you talking baseball? :confused:
i enjoy both football and american football..but its none of those...UFC sis

Ghazalah
04-26-2011, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle
.UFC sis
Boxing?? :confused:

S.Belle
04-26-2011, 11:04 PM
^ no mixed martial arts

SlaveOfGod
04-26-2011, 11:18 PM
United were playing a team that beat the holders of the Champs league both home and away! I must say that game was a walk in the park. :D
LOL Inter have never been the same team since Mourinho left :hmm: but I don't wanna ruin your great thread with my anti-United vibes, just saying they suck :p

And just to stay on topic, I learnt that pizza at night equals bloaaated.

Endymion
04-27-2011, 10:40 AM
I read it today and learn something new :)

" No One Can Hurt Us "

On His First Day In office
As President Abraham Lincoln Entered To Give His Inaugural Address,
One Man Stood Up
He Was A Rich Aristocrat.
He Said
" Mr Lincoln, You Should Not Forget That Your Father Used To make Shoes For My Family "
And The Whole Senate Laughed,
They Thought They Had Made A Fool Of Lincoln.
But Certain People Are Made Of A Totally Different Mettle.
Lincoln Looked At The Man Directly In the Eyes And Said
" Sir, I Know That My father Used To Make Shoes For Your Family,And There Will Be Many Others Here,
Because He made Shoes The Way Nobody Else Can.
He Was A Creator.
His Shoes Were Not Just Shoes
He Poured His Whole Soul Into Them.
I Want To Ask You,
Have You Any Complaint??
Because I Know How To Make Shoes Myself.
If You Have Any Complaint I Can Make You Another Pair Of Shoes.
But As Far As I Know,
Nobody Has Ever Complained About My Father's Shoes.
He Was A Genius,
A Great Creator
And
I Proud Of My Father.
The Whole Senate Was Struck Dumb
They Could Not Understand What Kind Of Man Abraham Lincoln Was.
He Was Proud Because His Father Did His Job So Well That Not Even A Single Complaint Had Ever Been Heard

" Remember "
" No One Can Hurt Us Without Consent "

" It is Not What Happens To us That Hurts Us
It Is Our Response That Hurt Us "

Reflections
04-27-2011, 11:10 AM
^^I learnt that too.

I learnt this thread is becoming a footy thread : )

'Aleena
04-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Though I am not a football fan, my brother is.

And I have heard him say...

Man U are cheats:P

Haya emaan
04-27-2011, 03:45 PM
today i learned that CHANGE never asks u your choice... it comes even you want or not.. even it is beneficial for you or not :(

Ghazalah
04-27-2011, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SlaveOfGod
but I don't wanna ruin your great thread with my anti-United vibes,
Dam right, run along now.

I learnt that having cold food is just as tasty :D (cold pizza)

Woodrow
04-27-2011, 09:09 PM
It is not wise to take a nap if you have put something in the oven to roast

Revert 2010
04-29-2011, 12:07 AM
Today I learnt that I became Forest Gump, I started my walk in one place and just kept going and going lol. Also that I'm going to dodge coverage of the Royal wedding by watching a few films instead

Reflections
04-29-2011, 12:24 AM
I learnt about the Day of Judgement and the state people will be in on that day subhanAllah

I also learnt that wasting time is something one will regret!

Woodrow
04-29-2011, 01:44 AM
I learned not to assume the forum is not going to crash so soon after the last crash.

IslamicRevival
04-29-2011, 02:59 AM
Ive learnt how pathetic some people can be, The Illuminati Royal useless wedding is today and some people, who have no connection whatsoever with this so called 'prince' and middleton something are out on the streets celebrating...

What a bunch of dimwit, lowlife scum!

S.Belle
04-29-2011, 03:07 AM
i learnt im not the only one who could careless about the royal wedding

i also learnt how quickly aloe vera soothes burns

Haya emaan
04-29-2011, 03:16 PM
i learned today that its not easy to forget what you have learned even more than 4 years back

Reflections
04-29-2011, 03:31 PM
I learnt that I'm not the only one who hasn't made a big deal its the Royal Wedding today..and the only good outcome from it is the long weekend holiday :D

BintAbee
04-29-2011, 05:40 PM
I learnt that long weekends spoil routine and cause chaos, confusion, laziness and make you unproductive.

I also learnt that Allah never burdens you more than you can handle.

S.Belle
04-29-2011, 05:42 PM
I learnt that certain foods are not good for people with certain blood types.

Ghazalah
04-29-2011, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
I learnt that I'm not the only one who hasn't made a big deal its the Royal Wedding today
Yay me too. :D

I learnt that not eating for more than 3 hours causes me headaches :(

Revert 2010
04-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Today I learnt that I'm addicted to watching Oprah and I managed to survive the Royal Wedding and it's hype. It made mr laugh when they said she was a common girl but they forgot to mention her parents are worth millions.

Reflections
04-30-2011, 09:34 AM
^lol..I also learnt her dress was not 'the' dress of the century:X

Haya emaan
04-30-2011, 04:18 PM
i learned today that the small green boxes(mmm.. they are rectangles) of two shades under the username have something to do with the reputation:p

(any one tell me..m i right??)

Endymion
04-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Today i read this and learn something :)

When Al-Mansur Bin 'Ammar, May Allah Have Mercy On Him,

Once Entered The Court Of Abdul-Malik Bin Marwaan, The Latter Said,

"O Mansur, I Have A Question For You,

And I Will Give You Respite For An Entire Year To Answer it:

Who is The Wisest Of People,

And Who is The Most ignorant Of People?"

Al-Mansur Left The Castle And Spent Some Time in Contemplation in A Near

By Courtyard.

Then The Answer Came To Him,

And So He Quickly Hurried Back To Abdul-Malik.

"O Mansur, Why Have You Returned?"

Asked Abdul Malik.

" The Wisest Of The People,

O Leader Of The Believers,

is The Doer Of Good Deeds

Who Fears Not Having His Deeds Accepted,"

Said Al-Mansur."

" And The Most ignorant Of People is He Who Does Good Deeds And Feels Safe in That His Deeds Will Be Accepted."

Upon Hearing These Words,

Abdul-Malik Began To Cry Until His Garment Became Soaked in Tears.

He Then Said, ' You Have Done Well,

O Mansur. Now,

Recite A Part Of The Quran To Me,

For The Quran is A Cure For What is in The Breasts Of Men."

Mansur Then Recited This Verse:

َوْمَ تَجِدُ كُلُّ نَفْسٍ مَا عَمِلَتْ مِنْ خَيْرٍ مُحْضَرًا وَمَا عَمِلَتْ مِنْ سُوءٍ تَوَدُّ لَوْ أَنَّ بَيْنَهَا وَبَيْنَهُ أَمَدًا بَعِيدًا وَيُحَذِّرُكُمُ اللَّهُ نَفْسَهُ وَاللَّهُ رَءُوفٌ بِالْعِبَادِ

On The Day When Every Person Will Be Confronted With All The Good He Has Done, And All The Evil He Has Done, He Will Wish That There Was A Great Distance Between Him And His Evil. And Allah Warns You Against Himself And Allah is Full Of Kindness To His Slaves.
[Aal-Imraan : 30]

" You Have Killed Me, O Mansur,"

Said Abdul-Malik.

"O Mansur, What Does,

' And Allah Warns You Against Himself' Mean? "

" It Means His Punishment," Said Mansur.

" And What is The Meaning Of,

' Every Person Will Be Confronted With All The Good He Has Done,' ? "

Asked Abdul-Malik ?

" It Means That Every Person Will Be Confronted On The Day Of Resurrection By All Of His Deeds,

The Largest Of Them And The Tiniest Of Them.

Allah Will Not Leave Out Or Forget Any Of That. "

Abdul Malik Then Continued To Cry Until, Being Overcome With Fear, He Fainted.

Haya emaan
04-30-2011, 06:33 PM
JAZAKALLAH for sharing this..
we also had much to learn in it..

Endymion
04-30-2011, 06:52 PM
I learnt that I'm not the only one who hasn't made a big deal its the Royal Wedding today..and the only good outcome from it is the long weekend holiday :D
Yay me too. :D
Im crazy and super excited about this event and still im watching it on youtube :p What ever you call me,i love it :D

^lol..I also learnt her dress was not 'the' dress of the century:X
OMG i love her dress,it was truly amazing :statisfie It does'nt look that beautiful in the movie but if you watch the pictures,you will appriciate every thing about it :statisfie
Im seriously planning to steal it and im praying she did'nt hide it in Flame's idea box :giggling:

format_quote Originally Posted by mun-o-salwa
i learned today that the small green boxes(mmm.. they are rectangles) of two shades under the username have something to do with the reputation:p

(any one tell me..m i right??)
Of course you are right,dear sister :statisfie As your rep points increase,greenies will increase.You get one greenie after 100 points but after 7oo points,greenie will increase on 200 :statisfie i think im right :p

And if you collect negative reps :p greenies will turn Red :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!