/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If you could live anywhere in the whole dunya...

Re.TiReD
03-26-2011, 01:06 AM
AssalamuAlaykum

...Where would it be?

I think for me it would have to be New York, America :statisfie

Wassalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
03-26-2011, 01:11 AM
^ Why New York? Who's in New York?

I love it here in LA. :) Alhamdulillah. I can't imagine moving anywhere else...

Re.TiReD
03-26-2011, 01:18 AM
Mmm, Hmm....Mmm...Mmm? I'm not sure

But I do know it's an awesome place with awesome people, specially this beach I visited in Queens, beautiful!

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-26-2011, 01:30 AM
Hyderabad, India. And some places too confidential to disclose. hehe

j/k
Alaska, Moscow, Mecca-Medinah, Eastern Europe.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Little_Lion
03-26-2011, 01:49 AM
My husband and I are seriously looking into moving to Oman.

LavaDog
03-26-2011, 01:57 AM
Jackson, Wyoming

Salafi1407
03-26-2011, 02:01 AM
lol at some of the answers.

Me? Madinah inshallah.

SlaveOfGod
03-26-2011, 02:23 AM
Medinah would be nice...

But I want to live somewhere where I can live freely according to Islam, with great sceneary etc. like an isolated island :)

sherz_umr
03-26-2011, 02:35 AM
new zealand..i usd to colct stamps. I hd a lot of new zealand stamps..the places looked so beautiful..nd in skool i read couple of articles on how they have an unpolutd environment etc.
Duno..but b4 i die,id lke to go there..inshallah.

Woodrow
03-26-2011, 03:27 AM
I have a great inner urge to work. My being depends upon challenges. For that reason I feel that where ever I am I see as being the best place.

It has been a long time since I had a truly permanent address, for the past year I thought I had found it. But, time has come for my wife and myself to move on and it seems our next temporary place to call homw will be either the Northern Cheyenne Reservation in Montana or the Crow Creek Reservation in South Dakota. Conditions currently indicate it will be The Northern Cheyenne rez.

But, Inshallah whatever, will be home either short term or long term.

We just discovered the Island of Manituwonda (Plum Island) just off Long Island in NY is for sale. Hmmmmm who knows. With a bit of a grant to develop it into an educational area possibilities exist.

PouringRain
03-26-2011, 03:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It has been a long time since I had a truly permanent address,

For me it is the same. Having moved less than two years on average my entire life, any place is "home." I am quite content anyplace I am. Even in the worst of places, you can only do what you can for that moment.

I have lived in some really scary places, but each morning the sun still rises. When I was very young I took comfort in the fact that everywhere we lived the sparrows were always there. As I grew a little older I had a star that was my own. No matter where I went in the world, there were always things that remained constant, and I took comfort in that fact.

Where would I live if given the chance? I'd stay right here. I have certainly thought of moving again-- not to any place specific. I won't name the countless number of states and countries I looked at. LOL But no, I quite enjoy living here and I have no plans to leave anytime soon. If I could live anyplace it would be right here, even though I could certainly be happy anywhere.

CosmicPathos
03-26-2011, 03:59 AM
I have a great inner urge to work. My being depends upon challenges. For that reason I feel that where ever I am I see as being the best place.

It has been a long time since I had a truly permanent address, for the past year I thought I had found it. But, time has come for my wife and myself to move on and it seems our next temporary place to call homw will be either the Northern Cheyenne Reservation in Montana or the Crow Creek Reservation in South Dakota. Conditions currently indicate it will be The Northern Cheyenne rez.

We just discovered the Island of Manituwonda (Plum Island) just off Long Island in NY is for sale. Hmmmmm who knows. With a bit of a grant to develop it into an educational area possibilities exist.
is it easy for you to move to a new place? what will become of your existing farm(s)?

Woodrow
03-26-2011, 04:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
is it easy for you to move to a new place? what will become of your existing farm(s)?
Sadly that was all lost recently. Nearly all of our horses had been killed and those not killed were stolen. It was a very painful loss and one reason we feel we can no longer live here.

CosmicPathos
03-26-2011, 04:12 AM
Sadly that was all lost recently. Nearly all of our horses had been killed and those not killed were stolen. It was a very painful loss and one reason we feel we can no longer live here.
imsad. I did not know that. It must have been very saddening for you. But that only goes on to affirm our realization of the true nature of this life. may Allah swt grant you with horses that wont die ever.

Ali Mujahidin
03-26-2011, 04:12 AM
I already found my El Dorado, so to speak. Thailand, for me, is the closest thing to Paradise this side of heaven. All brothers and sisters considering moving to a new home are very welcome to contact me.

PouringRain
03-26-2011, 04:25 AM
My condolences on your great loss, Woodrow. We all were privileged to share in the joy you had for your horses through your many posts of them, and now we also will share in your tears at the loss. I pray that God gives you strength through the mourning period of this loss.

Little_Lion
03-26-2011, 04:59 AM
Brother Woodrow, may you find strength in Allah during this time of sadness, and keep mindful that His trials in this life make easier the road to Paradise.

I'm not sure if you have much choice, but I hear Sisseton is very nice this time of year . . . >.>

Dagless
03-26-2011, 05:36 AM
"I'll follow you and make a heaven out of hell". People manage to live happily in some pretty horrific places with those they love.

format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
imsad. I did not know that. It must have been very saddening for you. But that only goes on to affirm our realization of the true nature of this life. may Allah swt grant you with horses that wont die ever.
I too am sad to hear of bro Woodrow's loss, but people need to learn zombie horses aren't always the answer.

ardianto
03-26-2011, 08:04 AM
I know, uncle. I've read your post in that forum.

And I can't say anything except ...... you are in my du'a.

Ali Mujahidin
03-26-2011, 08:17 AM
As salaam mualaikum.

The day I gave away my Bangkeaw which had been my constant and loyal companion for years, I was told by an ustaz, during a taklim, that whatever we gave up for the sake of Allah, we will meet again in jana. So my grief was alleviated somewhat by the knowledge that I will be able to meet my Bangkeaw again in jana. I pray that you will be able to meet your horses again in jana, too. Insha Allah.

Insaanah
03-26-2011, 10:31 AM
:sl:

^ Ameen to all the du3as.

format_quote Originally Posted by ...FLaWeD...
...Where would it be?
Makkah, near Masjid al-Haraam. There's nowhere else on Earth where each prayer is 100,000 fold better than a prayer offered elsewhere. Nor can you do tawaaf anywhere else.

:w:

R Khan
03-26-2011, 11:07 AM
North pole... or South pole, dunno which one though. It's a tough choice.

Hamza Asadullah
03-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Asalaamu alaikum, it is one of my lifes dreams to live in a property near the Masjid Al-haraam so that i could pray every prayer there. I would also like propertys in Al-Andalus and a place in Morroco overlooking the glacier capped Atlas Mountains inshallah.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-26-2011, 11:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Al-Andalus
you mean Spain?

Woodrow
03-26-2011, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I know, uncle. I've read your post in that forum.

And I can't say anything except ...... you are in my du'a.
I was quite verbal about it on the "Republic of Lakotah" forum. Sadly it was because of the prejudice some people had when they discovered my wife is Cheyenne. There are still people here that believe all Native Americans should not step foot off the reservations.

Your Du'a is appreciated. But, may it be a Du'a of thanking Allaah(swt) as with each loss comes new gains and opportunities. The time has come for us to move from Zeeland and this has pushed the door open to better things.

Hannah.
03-26-2011, 01:22 PM
South of France <3

Woodrow
03-26-2011, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
Brother Woodrow, may you find strength in Allah during this time of sadness, and keep mindful that His trials in this life make easier the road to Paradise.

I'm not sure if you have much choice, but I hear Sisseton is very nice this time of year . . . >.>
The Sisseton/Whapeton Rez is beautiful and one of the Most Prospreous reservations, but they have adapted to the ways of the wasichu, My desire is to live either on or near Standing Rock, Cheyenne River, Pine Ridge, Crow Creek, Rosebud or Lower Brule. Those are the people I find most receptive to learning about Islam.

YieldedOne
03-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Anywhere? Hmm...probably two locations: Somewhere in Florida near the Keys for the winter...and Canada (either Toronto or Vancouver) for the summer.

PS: I'm truly sorry for your loss, Woodrow. May Allah's blessings be continually on you and yours, brother. Thank goodness this ain't all there is...

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Subhaan'Allaah!

This is really sad to hear, it must be really sad for you. I sure would be upset. What about your cats? You posted many pictures of them in some of my previous threads? I hope they are safe insha'Allaah

may Allaah grant you patience and the best in this life and the hereafter Ameen

Ami
03-26-2011, 03:14 PM
I would want to live in Istanbul <3

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-26-2011, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...FLaWeD...
AssalamuAlaykum

...Where would it be?

I think for me it would have to be New York, America :statisfie

Wassalam
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Well definetly Madinah and Mecca, also Spain. But to your question "If you could live anywhere in the whole dunya..." Somewhere with Huge mountains and a huge ocean with animals running freely making animal noises and enjoying themselves, peaceful sound of birds, i however am not sure where such a place exists in this Dunya but i guess something i had in mind of place where i would love to live. but i doubt i will ever visit such a place in this dunya. Khaair

GuestFellow
03-26-2011, 03:55 PM

In Mecca but it will be too difficult to move. Don't want to leave my family behind.

sherz_umr
03-26-2011, 04:08 PM
iv nevr seen or touchd snow (xpt 4 pics nd tv)..id lke 2 go where snow falls..

Woodrow
03-26-2011, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sherz_umr
iv nevr seen or touchd snow (xpt 4 pics nd tv)..id lke 2 go where snow falls..
I don't think I have seen green grass since September. It has all been buried under the snow. Here is a free sample of snow.

Yes snow is beautiful. But, like all things of beauty it can hide danger. In a snow country you learn to appreciate it's beauty, but fear the danger that comes with it.

LavaDog
03-26-2011, 05:09 PM
it was because of the prejudice some people had when they discovered my wife is Cheyenne. There are still people here that believe all Native Americans should not step foot off the reservations.
its sad that this still happens but I know it does. me and my brothers were beat up a lot when we were younger by whites and natives because we are 50/50. one day some one shot our dog. sorry to hear about your loss.

Faatin
03-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Sydney Australia, it's absolutely beautiful.

sherz_umr
03-26-2011, 05:57 PM
lol..thnx uncle woodrw. I thnk it luks gr8..wish i cud fal flat on the ground (face up ;))

Revert 2010
03-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Salaam, probably New York : )

Ansariyah
03-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Where I can be with those I love!

Ghazalah
03-26-2011, 10:57 PM
North Pole. :shade:

Flame of Hope
03-26-2011, 11:06 PM
If I could live anywhere in whole dunya, it would probably be somewhere on some mountain top. I would dearly love to live in a place such as described in the story of Heidi. :statisfie

yas2010
03-26-2011, 11:07 PM
On a small farm ( in the north of england) being self-sufficent from the crops i grew and animals i kept.

Flame of Hope
03-27-2011, 01:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yas2010
On a small farm ( in the north of england) being self-sufficent from the crops i grew and animals i kept.
Can I come along to stay there too? :D

Beardo
03-27-2011, 02:19 AM
Home is where the heart is.

S.Belle
03-27-2011, 02:28 AM
Barcelona!!!!

tigerkhan
03-27-2011, 03:10 AM
well i am dead in this regard esp now a days. i have no feelings and desire to live in any specific part of world. there is nothing esp. yes i wish to go for ummra and may be in this year i go for this. personally i like this idea
On a big farm ( in the north of Pakistan) being self-sufficent from the crops i grew and animals i kept.
and work for effort of deen. and Allah SWT accept me as a companion of Mehdi AS.

Samiun
03-27-2011, 03:58 AM

I want to be in Al-Madinah!! :D

Then travel to Makkah! :)

speak arabic,

and sit with the scholars :O

Re.TiReD
03-27-2011, 05:11 AM
Home isn't always where the heart is, the heart is where the people you love are and the people you love are not always nearby.

noorseeker
03-27-2011, 06:36 AM
Id always thought Makkah

Thinker
03-27-2011, 03:04 PM
I would like to know if all or any of you who answered anything other than a place in dar al Islam consider themselves as hypocrites and if not why not? Qur'an verse 4:97

Ramadhan
03-27-2011, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker
I would like to know if all or any of you who answered anything other than a place in dar al Islam consider themselves as hypocrites and if not why not? Qur'an verse 4:97

Tell us what is said in the QS 4:97 and the context and why the ayat was revealed.

Which part of your body that you use for thinking?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-27-2011, 03:37 PM
I apologise, but what does the specific verse you posted reference to have anything to do with the main Question of the thread?

Ali Mujahidin
03-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Are you referencing this translation?:

Those whose lives are terminated by the angels, while in a state of wronging their souls, the angels will ask them, "What was the matter with you?" They will say, "We were oppressed on earth." They will say, "Was GOD's earth not spacious enough for you to emigrate therein?" For these, the final abode is Hell, and a miserable destiny.
If so, pray tell, what is the connection to hypocrites?

Little_Lion
03-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Ooooooh, I think I see what he is saying . . . Thinker, please do correct me if I am wrong and Allah forgive me if I am drawing an incorrect conclusion, but perhaps what is meant is would a person who does not do hijrah - moving to a Muslim country where they would be surrounded by fellow Muslims and not subject to oppression - be a hypocrite?

I can only give my opinion on this, but in today's global community, I think it is quite important to realize that Allah gives each of us the strength to deal with challenges in his own way. For some, moving to or staying in an area that is not purely Muslim is an opportunity for dawah, and can still bring them to some very large and supportive Muslim communities, or give more opportunity for humanitarian action in the name of Allah, without taking them out of touch with the larger Ummah. There may be challenges and oppression there, but for some, that's more than acceptable and they thank Allah for the opportunity to work even harder for Him. For others, hijrah and a simpler life without concerns of what people will think may be more appropriate.

Ramadhan
03-27-2011, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
Ooooooh, I think I see what he is saying . . . Thinker, please do correct me if I am wrong and Allah forgive me if I am drawing an incorrect conclusion, but perhaps what is meant is would a person who does not do hijrah - moving to a Muslim country where they would be surrounded by fellow Muslims and not subject to oppression - be a hypocrite?

Yes it is true, that if muslims are oppressed (meaning they cannot practice Islam at all and have to change belief - "wronging their soul"), then they need to do hijrah.

But that's not what "thinker" was saying, is it?
And he even accused us for being hypcrites?
That even does not make sense.
Also, is any of us here actually living in area of the world where we cannot be a muslim and practicing Islam?

I think with certain members of the forum you must know their history, intention, etc in order to give response.
With "thinker" I don't need to waste time thinking a good response as he also never put in "thinking" when writing his posts, all he does is flaming, and not even a good flaming that may deserve some good discussion.

Little_Lion
03-27-2011, 04:45 PM
*chuckles* Naidamar, you must understand that I have been a moderator of several forums in the past. Believe me, I know when someone is trying to stir the pot. Responding in anger is often called "feeding the troll", though I'm sure you've heard that term used in the past. I'm not a moderator here (and have no wish to be . . . my deepest sympathy for anyone who can put up with it, ten years was enough for me!) so I take the stance of when confronted with a troll, don't feed them, but take the food and turn it to a feast for good, and let them go hungry. :D Allah forgive me when I fail at doing so, but no one is perfect save He.

Ghazalah
03-27-2011, 05:37 PM
:giggling: So much for being a thinker eh? :rolleyes:

Back on topic:; After the north pole I think I'd choose... Sharjah :wub:

tw009
03-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Northern side of Pakistan.

Endymion
03-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Im really sad for your loss :cry:
May Allah SWT console you in the best way and reward you with something better.Amen.

And i would love to live in Makkah.Inshallah :statisfie

Reflections
03-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Makkah or Madina...even if I don't have the opportunity to live there I want die in one of the two places..Ya Allah fulfill my wish and desire for death in these beautiful cities..allahoma ameen.

abjad
03-27-2011, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by
.Where would it be?
where am I Now
as far as 3 things are available

1st: water
2nd:Siha (tubi is available) and
3rd: security(amaaan..and that is in OMAN.)

I Love Sultanate of Oman.

S.Belle
03-27-2011, 10:35 PM
I change my mind instead of barcelona i think it would be really interesting to just backpack around the world and just.... rough it out

Ali Mujahidin
03-28-2011, 03:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle
I change my mind instead of barcelona i think it would be really interesting to just backpack around the world and just.... rough it out

If you are serious about that, I am sure I can put you in touch with just the right people. Just let me know where exactly you are now and I will see which is the nearest chapter to you. Insha Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!