/* */

PDA

View Full Version : SOLACE for revert sisters in difficulty

solace
03-26-2011, 10:43 PM
SOLACE was set up by a group of sisters who were concerned about the difficulties that revert sisters often face. Whilst there are many organisations who cater for the educational and Islamic needs of new revert sisters, we felt there lacked an organisation whose aim was relieving the difficulties of revert sisters regardless of whether they have been a Muslim for a few weeks or many years.
Since SOLACE launched just over a month ago, 25 revert sisters in difficulty are receiving emotional and practical support. Alhamdulillah!
SOLACE currently provides support for revert sisters in London and a phoneline service for sisters living outside of London. We are expanding to other areas around the United Kingdom inshaAllah.
Please spread the word about SOLACE

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Raaina
03-26-2011, 10:57 PM
Asalaam alaykum sister,

Do you have a web address for this?

Cabdullahi
03-26-2011, 11:03 PM
are these solace sisters looking for husbands?

Little_Lion
03-26-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm not sure if it would be appropriate for me to post the link to their site, but I was able to find it easily through a google search. From a quick perusal it looks like a valuable resource for our sisters in the UK. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali Mujahidin
03-27-2011, 07:28 AM
As salaam mualaikum.

I think I have found the site in question. I pray that they will be able to help as many sisters in distress as possible. Insha Allah.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

MashaAllah this is a really good idea and the sisters have done an excellent job in starting such an organisation that looks after the needs of new revert sisters. May Allah make it successfull and facilitate its expansion across the whole of the UK ameen. Sisters maybe you could get in touch with the masjids in each city and ask them to make an announcement about this organisation.

At salaat al Jummah or classes they have where sisters attend, and also ask them to request volunteers from the sisters section who would be willing to help you expand the service into their particular city.
I know Green Lane Masjid in Birmingham is keen on taking care of the needs of reverts as they organise activities on a weekly/monthly basis specifically for reverts, I think it would be a good idea if you contacted them and asked them to raise awareness about your organisation at their events/gatherings.
Also why don't you get in touch with institutes such as Al maghrib, Al Kauthar and ask them to promote your organisation at their courses, and when you ask them to promote it also ask them to request volunteers on your behalf from the sisters in each city. That way you're raising awareness and recruiting volunteers at the same time who can help you to expand in their locality. Alhamdulilah.

I'm sure you have been told what I said above many times, but I thought I'd share it just in case.

elina
03-28-2011, 09:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by solace
SOLACE was set up by a group of sisters who were concerned about the difficulties that revert sisters often face. Whilst there are many organisations who cater for the educational and Islamic needs of new revert sisters, we felt there lacked an organisation whose aim was relieving the difficulties of revert sisters regardless of whether they have been a Muslim for a few weeks or many years.
Since SOLACE launched just over a month ago, 25 revert sisters in difficulty are receiving emotional and practical support. Alhamdulillah!
SOLACE currently provides support for revert sisters in London and a phoneline service for sisters living outside of London. We are expanding to other areas around the United Kingdom inshaAllah.
Please spread the word about SOLACE

Salaam sis and thank you for that :) I couldnt find a direct link on google but i did find a few Islamic sites that had the link up. I really do need someone to talk to sometimes and its very hard not knowing any sisters in real life...... there is a group (Leeds New Muslims) but its 3 buses away in an area i dont know at all and i feel really scared of just turning up on my own there, I often wish there was somewhere closer (wakefield) would be ideal...... Inshallah Solace will help many of us :)

Ali Mujahidin
03-28-2011, 09:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by elina
I couldnt find a direct link on google
:sl:

Should I post the direct link I found?

elina
03-28-2011, 09:49 AM
thanks thisoldman... i found it by clicking on the Islamic sites that google found... but i was unsure if it was okay to post a link ....... it may be easier to do so ..... i had to google a couple of times until it brought it up :)

ardianto
03-28-2011, 10:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ThisOldMan
:sl:

Should I post the direct link I found?
Wa' alaikumsalam.

I think admins and moderators will not forbid you to post that link. But, let me do it.

http://www.solaceuk.org/

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-28-2011, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
are these solace sisters looking for husbands?
I dont think there would be any difficulty for reverts to find good husbands for themselves.

Endymion
03-28-2011, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid

I dont think there would be any difficulty for reverts to find good husbands for themselves.
Abdullahi actually wanted to help them :p.Did'nt you understand :D

Perseveranze
03-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Subhanallah, please keep it up :)

Asiyaah
03-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Mash'Allah.. What a great site!! I am a revert sister is great need of help to stay on the right path. I'm always being pulled back into a secular lifestyle as I have no muslim friends.

solace
03-31-2011, 05:03 PM
salam
yes but the forum won't let me post a link as am new. If you google solace for reverts the website should come up

solace
04-01-2011, 09:25 PM
No that is not the purpose of the organisation

Little_Lion
04-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Solace: if you are responding to Brother Abdullahii, Allah blessed him with an abundant sense of humor. :D

solace
04-01-2011, 10:29 PM
lalam
Marsha Allah Jzk for the good advice will follow it up inshaAllah

Wa alaikum asalam
There are so many of us in that situation feel free to contact Solace.

InshaAllah
Keep going sis and do contact us

truthseeker63
04-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Hello how are you ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!