/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If you were being persecuted for being muslim, where would you migrate to.

jimbo123
03-27-2011, 09:21 AM
See title.

I'm a Londoner and I've never been persecuted. If I was I would move to a muslim country that's well developed, with nice people like Malaysia.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Little_Lion
03-27-2011, 03:42 PM
A friend suggested Bahrain, because he was stationed there and said the people were amazing. Qatar, Dubai, and Oman (especially Oman) have been very high on my family's list. Our problem is finding someplace that will accept me as a Muslim and my husband as a Christian at the same time, and I fear those places will be few and far between.

Ali Mujahidin
03-27-2011, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jimbo123
If I was I would move to a muslim country that's well developed, with nice people like Malaysia.
:sl:

Where did you get the notion that Malaysia is a good place for Muslims to live in?

aadil77
03-27-2011, 04:33 PM
See title.

I'm a Londoner and I've never been persecuted. If I was I would move to a muslim country that's well developed, with nice people like Malaysia.
Difficult question to answer, it would depend on the world affairs at the time, the state of muslim countries etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
03-27-2011, 06:18 PM
See title.

As long as you are not Shia, you can consider Malaysia as a safe place for Muslims.

Ghazalah
03-27-2011, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
Oman (especially Oman)
Oman? They're not allowed to call the adhan, because "it distracts the tourists" :mmokay:

I think I would pick Sharjah or Kuwait.

Hannah.
03-27-2011, 06:56 PM
I would move to Qatar, or Saudi. Depends.

Beardo
03-27-2011, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
Sharjah
That's near Dubai, right? I spent an entire Summer there, but I heard it's changed much.

I'd like to stay in the U.S. It's my home and I love it here, Alhamdulillah. Worst comes to worst though, I'd consider Canada.

Ghazalah
03-27-2011, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
That's near Dubai, right? I spent an entire Summer there, but I heard it's changed much.
Yep. Did you like it there? I really want to go imsad

peace_maker
03-27-2011, 07:19 PM
I love the place where I'm in, and would never wanna leave this place.
I live in KSA after all. I think its the best place for muslims, adhan can be heard in every corner of the country. And if there's no mosque near by, people gather jamats almost everywhere, its a beautiful sight.
And most of all, the two Holy cities are here, can visit anytime. :)

Maryan0
03-27-2011, 07:29 PM

I'd like to stay in the U.S. It's my home and I love it here, Alhamdulillah. Worst comes to worst though, I'd consider Canada.
That was pretty funny I dont know if you intended it that way.
Salam

GuestFellow
03-27-2011, 07:44 PM

I have no idea.

SlaveOfGod
03-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Yep. Did you like it there? I really want to go imsad
My uncle moved to Sharjah to live there, he came back because it was too expensive. The way it works is that the original citizens of Abu Dhabi live the fat life, school and medical help is all free. But the prices for foriegners is crazy, nothing is free.

Tyrion
03-27-2011, 08:19 PM
Ha, I'm actually gonna have to agree with you here.

jimbo123
03-27-2011, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ThisOldMan

Where did you get the notion that Malaysia is a good place for Muslims to live in?
I know some people that went there. Muslim country, lots of friendly people, halal food, nice scenery - what's not to like?

Al-Mufarridun
03-27-2011, 09:02 PM
very spoiled, aren't we?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-27-2011, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

I have no idea.
I totally agree. . . .

Ali Mujahidin
03-28-2011, 03:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker
KSA

Sounds interesting. Where exactly is KSA?

For those who think Malaysia is a good place for Muslims, I am afraid you will be disappointed. In Malaysia, you can get arrested for eating during the month of Ramadan, for example. Generally speaking the practice of Islam in Malaysia is rooted in Hindu rituals. I speak from personal experience. Of course, everything looks good on the outside. Looks good like a pimply-faced girl with an inch of facial camouflage. Also, the press, radio and tv are all under the direct control of the government. Dissenters can be charged under the Internal Security Act which is a draconian law which allows the incumbent prime minister to commit a person to prison for two years without proof or trial. Plus, the detention can be extended every two years indefinitely. I say this without malice aforethought. Just presenting the facts.

Besides if you are already coming this far, why not go just a little further north. Come to Thailand and I will show you why it's the nearest thing to Paradise this side of heaven. And I am not talking about all those things you see in the tourism brochures or hear over the backpacker grapevine.:p

Little_Lion
03-28-2011, 04:26 AM
Oman? They're not allowed to call the adhan, because "it distracts the tourists" :mmokay:
:rolleyes: I was not aware of that, but honestly that would not disturb me all that much, since I've never heard the athan called in person anyway so I would not miss it. It's because of their tourism industry that we are considering there, partially, since they are more accepting of Western ways so my husband won't be under constant scrutiny.

peace_maker
03-29-2011, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ThisOldMan
Sounds interesting. Where exactly is KSA?
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Its in Middle East.
I couldn't upload the pic. Google it.

Ansariyah
03-29-2011, 07:58 PM
No one has any right to persecute me, and if such a case would ever arise I would Fight, never Flee.

GuestFellow
03-29-2011, 09:19 PM
^ Salaam...

What about your family? :/

Ansariyah
03-29-2011, 09:27 PM
^Walaikuma salam

Wat about them?

Cabdullahi
03-29-2011, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
No one has any right to persecute me, and if such a case would ever arise I would Fight, never Flee.
She's been watching too much powerpuff girls

GuestFellow
03-30-2011, 11:32 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
^Walaikuma salam

Wat about them?
If you were to stay, would you want your family to stay with you or flee?

Thinker
03-30-2011, 12:44 PM
Surely your list of possible home lands would only include those countries operating under sharia law. How come I don't see anyone opting for Somalia, Yemen or Afghanisan AND how come nobody has opted for Pakistan the spiritual homeland of so many of the members here?

Ami
03-30-2011, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker
Surely your list of possible home lands would only include those countries operating under sharia law. How come I don't see anyone opting for Somalia, Yemen or Afghanisan AND how come nobody has opted for Pakistan the spiritual homeland of so many of the members here?
Some countries operate under sharia law but it doesn't mean they do it in the right way, but I wouldn't live in any of them countries because they are dangerous...lol
I would think Saudi Arabia would be great place to live but I doubt I will ever face persecution and I love the freedom of religion in my country :)

GuestFellow
03-30-2011, 01:32 PM
There is no country that has fully implemented the Sharia...the last was the Ottoman Empire but collapsed.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-30-2011, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker
Actually those countries are pretty beautiful countries themself. Pakistan is an awesome country, as ive been told, but if some part of it wasnt soo messed up, i would love to go. But as muslims im sure you noticed the majority of the members mentioned 'Makkah and Madinah' the holy cities, they are also 'muslim' countries, Islaam is nor perfectly implemented there either, yet many would love to move there.

As mentioned Islaam hasnt been implemented fully in any of these 'muslim' countries, you yourself are aware of this yet you seem to ask, but only you know why. I feel maybe that you didnt read my post in the 'Dar Al Islaam' thread, you asked and then you was answered, but yet it seems noone has cleared up anything for you.

So if i didnt fully explain it there, i hope its been clarified in this thread.

.. peace ..

Little_Lion
03-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Pakistan would have been top on our list if it wasn't for the conflict over there . . . not a very good place to be an American right now, from what people I have met online from various regions there say (unless your name happens to be Greg Mortenson, hehe). But my husband and I really wanted to attend the University of Peshawar. :(

Woodrow
03-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Just thinking to myself . Ever since I first saw this thread a thought has been running through my mind.

"If Muslims were to be persecuted here, am I enough of a Muslim that I would even be recognized as a Muslim?"

How horrible it would be to discover that the reason I am not persecuted is because I am not even seen as being Muslim,

smile
03-30-2011, 05:23 PM
south africa
100% religious freedom

Zuzubu
03-30-2011, 05:31 PM
I would go to Turkey I think. =) I love Turkey. Or I would go to Mecca or Madina, or Jordan. =D

I love the city in Jordan called Irbid, and city in Turkey called Istanbul (Islam bol).

Haya emaan
03-30-2011, 05:41 PM
i live in pakistan so need not to migrate any where..:)
even if shariah law isn't implemented in its right way here.. but u can live as u want.. can practice Islam freely... much better then many other muslim countries in this regard

Haya emaan
03-30-2011, 05:47 PM

I think I would pick Sharjah or Kuwait.
kuwait will be a good choice sis....:) i miss my ramadhan nights there so much...

Ansariyah
03-30-2011, 07:08 PM

If you were to stay, would you want your family to stay with you or flee?
Walaikuma salam

Stay with me.^-^

GuestFellow
03-30-2011, 07:24 PM
^ Would you not put your family in harm's way?

Not that I disagree with you actually. I would like to fight back but I would be really scared if anything happened to my family.

Ansariyah
03-30-2011, 07:49 PM
^ Would you not put your family in harm's way?
My family is very protective of me, so I cant imagine them leaving me.

Not that I disagree with you actually. I would like to fight back but I would be really scared if anything happened to my family.
Same here,

I wouldnt want anything to ever happen to my family.

InshaAllah we will never be in such a situation ameen.

Flame of Hope
03-30-2011, 08:37 PM
It depends on the situation and circumstances. Migrating to another place or country isn't exactly an easy thing to do and it would involve a lot of hardships upon the family. Don't know which would be harder, facing the persecution with patience or migrating to a place that is not guaranteed to provide full safety. There's no place here on earth that's really safe. And besides, fleeing from persecution may not be a good thing. Facing it with fortitude and staying strong upon the Straight Path despite the persecution would fetch greater rewards in the Hereafter, I imagine. :)

Ramadhan
03-31-2011, 02:00 AM
Most people would not be able to stand persecution with patience and still preserving their eeman. Humans are made with a lot of weakness.
Hence the injunction to migrate when we are persecuted in our hometown and do not have the strength to fight back.

Cabdullahi
04-01-2011, 02:37 AM
i would go back to my village in somalia...and from there i would access the internet typing messages for 'thinker' whilst sipping mango juice out of a vase like bottle

eating fresh meat...breathing the fresh air...no over simulation from refined sugar..junk food...tv

if anything i would want to go now so that my mind and body can comee back to normality

Samiun
04-01-2011, 08:05 AM

There's no place like Malaysia ^_^ but of course I have to give my second thoughts to Indonesia, Turkey or KSA(AWESOME ARAB FOOD!! and Madinah and Mekah) :)

cihad
04-01-2011, 11:31 AM
I think if you wanna go to an islamic country, maybe indonesia, or malaysia, but for a non muslim country..definitely south africa, zuma would never allow you to be persecuted lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!