/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Valid name

love2011
03-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Hello brothers and sisters....i am going to convert to ISLAM in near by.....so can i have the name as
Mohammad Akbar shoaib khan.....is this name valid in ISLAM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hannah.
03-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Many duas' coming along your way brother! May Allah (swt) forgive all your past sins as a reward for coming to Islam. Answering your question, of course its valid! Its a beautiful name, subhan'Allah

Beardo
03-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Indeed it is certainly a beautiful name. This is such a joyous occasion! Perhaps you could share your reversion story with us. :)

love2011
03-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Thanks a lot....!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
piXie
03-27-2011, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by love2011
i am going to convert to ISLAM in near by.....
inshaa Allaah =)

format_quote Originally Posted by love2011
Mohammad Akbar shoaib khan.....is this name valid in ISLAM
But.. are we allowed to say or call ourselves Muhammad Akbar ? Isn't it only supposed to be Allaahu Akbar ? :ermm:

Innocent Soul
03-28-2011, 09:02 AM
^ I was also thinking that ,cause Akbar means great. I think only Mohammad Shoaib khan will be good.

tigerkhan
03-28-2011, 10:54 AM
^ yes i also agreed.
or Abdul Akbar Khan may be a choice.

love2011
03-28-2011, 03:44 PM
But i want to have MOHAMMAD and AKBAR...!!!

Endymion
03-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Thats a good name Mashallah and you dont need to add Abdul if you dont want,not a necessary thing.May Allah SWT make this way easy for you and be with you at every step of life.Amen :statisfie

P.S.
Khan is a cast BTW,why you decided to add it in your name :hmm:

love2011
03-29-2011, 01:25 AM
Ohhh its a cast.....i dnt know....its ok i will remove that one!!

Abdul-Raouf
03-29-2011, 04:06 AM
If your having a name with Abdul as pre-fix.... request people to call you as ...AbdulLatheef...or AbdulRaouf..or AbdulMalik

Never encourage them to call you with ALLAH's name...ie Raouf, Malik, Latheef...

Also go for a 2 word name... anything more than that...in india..will trouble.. while filling documents/forms/..etc.

My suggestions...:)

Muhammad Ibrahim

Muhammad Eesa
Muhammad Dhulqarnain
Muhammad Sulaiman

i can continue the list...

Endymion
03-29-2011, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf

Never encourage them to call you with ALLAH's name...ie Raouf, Malik, Latheef...
The accent of Allah SWT is Al Raoof,Al Malik,Al Lateef not just Raoof,Malik and Lateef.If you look at the names of Prophet Muhammad SAW,there are a few names which are similar to Allah SWT's names.They are,Awwal (The First) and Aakhir (The last).Surely,Prophet Muhammad SAW is not Awwal neither the Last, just Last of the Prophets AS,so why Allah SWT gave him the same names without adding Abdul before them ^o) And why not Muhammad SAW taught us to add Abdul before them :embarrass

Another example is Ali RA.Ali is also one of the 99 names of Allah SWT,so why did'nt Muhammad SAW asked him to call himself Abdul-Ali.The reason is,if you look carefully,Allah SWT is Al-Awwal,Al-Aakhir and Al-Ali and Muhammad SAW is Awwal,Aakhir and Ali RA is just Ali not Al-Ali.
As im not Arab,neither i know this language,so im unable to explains whats the difference between Al-Awwal and just Awwal but i can say this for sure calling someone Awwal,Aakhir,Razik,Majid,Raoof,Ahad ......... is Not a sin and not a claim to have the characteristics of Allah SWT.

P.S.
If any member here Know Arabic,do explain the difference between Al-Raoof and Just Raoof.I will be grateful :statisfie

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-06-2011, 03:53 AM
Congratulations, man! I wish I could be there with you today. :) Document everything and share with us. :) My du'as are with you.

Futuwwa
04-14-2011, 09:41 PM
There's at least one historical character with the name (Jalaluddin) Muhammed Akbar, so it's not somehow freakish to combine "Muhammed" and "Akbar" as separate given names.

Though, I'd like to point out that (contrary to popular belief) there's no theological requirement for changing your name on reversion. Well, at least not unless there's something signifying allegiance to another religion in your former name ("Christian" being the most obvious example). I kept my name.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!