/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Gloomyyyy

Beardo
03-27-2011, 07:03 PM
:sl;

I forgot how to do anonymous posting, lol, but anyway, it's no biggie. If you could tell me how, it might be useful for the future.

But anyway, since yesterday, I've been felling rather gloomy. Actually, I don't remember ever feeling so depressed in my entire life.

For the most part, I try to be the most approachable sociable person; the best person I can possibly be. And I'm sure we all do that.

But... I dunno. Do you ever get that feeling where you want a buddy? I suppose I have friends, but I guess I don't have a buddy, if that makes sense.

And I'm not sure if that's even the reason why I'm feeling gloomy. Doesn't make sense. :| I was fine the entire week and now all of a sudden, I'm all mopey. Started yesterday morning.

I mean, I have everything anyone could possibly want, Alhamdulillah. I feel ungrateful feeling like this, but for some reason, I can't control it. Like last night, I just couldn't sleep. And the weirdest part is that I don't know why!

I've been telling myself jokes to make me laugh or smile, but then I start feeling gloomy again right after. Today's the 2nd day.

Please advise me.

Jazakallahu Khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Reflections
03-27-2011, 07:15 PM
My advice...increase ur relationship with Allah first :

"Whoever sorts out his relationship between him and Allah, then Allah will sort out all his affairs between him and the creation"

We all have our ups and downs in life..but we all deal with it differently...just try be a little bit more optimistic inshaAllah

Befriend Allah for there is no better friend than He...:)

May Allah shower His blessings upon you, help you with your affairs for both dunya and aakhirah, grant you the best friend -Allah and always keep you strong..Allahoma ameen.

thats my advice for you akh, sorry if that isn't much help.

aadil77
03-27-2011, 07:42 PM
It's just one of them days, all you can do is distract yourself with other things

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

I understand your feeling, we all go through such a time.
While reading your post the first thought that came to mind was the remembrance of Allaah!

Whilst telling yourself jokes, speak to Allaah, have a conversation with him. subhaan'Allaah

Also try to make someone else smile, that may place a smile on your face.

Another one, smile when reciting the Qur'aan. I am not sure if any of these suggestions work as they may seem a lil 'random' :-\

But i agree with sistah Bint Abi,
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
Befriend Allah for there is no better friend than He...
I hope that Allaah increases you in happiness and grant you happiness in the here after Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
03-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Wa'alaykum as-salam warahmatullah

We all have days like that, the challenge lies not in getting ourselves out of the depressed state, but remembering Allah throughout and thanking Him for what you do have rather than what you don't. Alhamdulillah 'alaa kulli 7aal. When you're feeling like that, let Allah be the one you turn to, when you need a buddy and feel you have nobody else, you know you have Him right? Hope you feel better soon insha'Allah

Wassalam

Ummu Sufyaan
03-28-2011, 12:45 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
when i feel like that, it's usually caused by the day being over cast and literally gloomy.

maybe you are over social and are therefore sick of people? did something bad happen to you that caused you to be hurt, sad, annoyed, etc (and you therefore thinking about it too much and no being able to sleep)

if you cant sleep, then maybe you are stressed. do these types of days come frequently or is this the first time you have felt like this?

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-28-2011, 01:03 AM
to ease the situation...j/k
Have you been thinking about marriage lately?

I have experienced the same situation as you are experiencing now. To be honest I didn't do anything to curb this feeling. All I used to do was make myself busy...---Well I have no advice that could make sense or help you...

Woodrow
03-28-2011, 02:29 AM
:sl:

Of course you are gloomy. You took gloomy lessons from me and you were a good student

Ramadhan
03-28-2011, 05:08 AM
I'll take a leaf out of Guestfellow's book of advice: Grab yourself croissants and coffee, and you'll be cheerful in no time.
Don't forget to share your croissants with us.

tigerkhan
03-28-2011, 07:50 AM
wow mean our rashad bcm mature......bra ho gya ha humra bahi.lol ...just joking.
personally i think when we grew up we bcm more sensitive so its normal. i remember last day i was talking to my friend that the word "tension" i had only read in books, but i came to know what its is when i enter university life, obviously my mind start thinking that time. b4 this i was all time in "must mahool". so dont worry about it.

2ndaly u know as we grew up our needs changes. i mean our spiritual and physical needs varies with time. even we dont know it but there is something we need. so as suggested strength ur relation with Allah SWT and also do marriage asap.

Ansariyah
03-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Its just one of those days, we all get it.

I recommmend a nice long shower. Stay a lil bit longer then usual in Sujud, Ask Allah to remove this feeling. A big hug from someone who loves u! Take a long walk, sometimes we all need a break from our day to day stuff.

When I'm really down, reading Surah al-Kahf always makes me feel better.

Cheer up=)

Beardo
03-28-2011, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
My advice...increase ur relationship with Allah first :

"Whoever sorts out his relationship between him and Allah, then Allah will sort out all his affairs between him and the creation"

We all have our ups and downs in life..but we all deal with it differently...just try be a little bit more optimistic inshaAllah

Befriend Allah for there is no better friend than He...:)

May Allah shower His blessings upon you, help you with your affairs for both dunya and aakhirah, grant you the best friend -Allah and always keep you strong..Allahoma ameen.

thats my advice for you akh, sorry if that isn't much help.
That was certainly good advice! And I've been constantly trying to remind myself that I have so much to be grateful for, and that certainly Allah Ta'ala is always with me. Ya Allah!
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
It's just one of them days, all you can do is distract yourself with other things
Trying. I had a heavy heart. You know what I mean? Hard to ignore, since it remains. Wow, this sounded less corny in my head.
format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
Assalaamu Alaaykum

I understand your feeling, we all go through such a time.
While reading your post the first thought that came to mind was the remembrance of Allaah!

Whilst telling yourself jokes, speak to Allaah, have a conversation with him. subhaan'Allaah

Also try to make someone else smile, that may place a smile on your face.

Another one, smile when reciting the Qur'aan. I am not sure if any of these suggestions work as they may seem a lil 'random' :-\

But i agree with sistah Bint Abi,

I hope that Allaah increases you in happiness and grant you happiness in the here after Ameen
Ameen! Jazakallahu Khair! I think I should take this as an opportunity to redirect myself back to Allah Ta'ala. You guys are right. Time to open the Quran!
format_quote Originally Posted by ...FLaWeD...
Wa'alaykum as-salam warahmatullah

We all have days like that, the challenge lies not in getting ourselves out of the depressed state, but remembering Allah throughout and thanking Him for what you do have rather than what you don't. Alhamdulillah 'alaa kulli 7aal. When you're feeling like that, let Allah be the one you turn to, when you need a buddy and feel you have nobody else, you know you have Him right? Hope you feel better soon insha'Allah

Wassalam
Certainly. It's about faith, though. You have to have that utmost conviction that He is always there - which is where Imaan comes in! May Allah Ta'ala strengthen our Imaan! Ameen, Ya Rabb!
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
wa alaykum us-Salaam
when i feel like that, it's usually caused by the day being over cast and literally gloomy.

maybe you are over social and are therefore sick of people? did something bad happen to you that caused you to be hurt, sad, annoyed, etc (and you therefore thinking about it too much and no being able to sleep)

if you cant sleep, then maybe you are stressed. do these types of days come frequently or is this the first time you have felt like this?
Well, it was gloomy for a tad. But then I went to the beach and it was all sunny and breezy.

I wouldn't really say I'm over social, lol. On the scale of social hermit to social butterfly, you'd probably find me closer to social hermit.

Well, as far as my memory goes, this is the most depressed I've been ever.
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
to ease the situation...j/k
Have you been thinking about marriage lately?

I have experienced the same situation as you are experiencing now. To be honest I didn't do anything to curb this feeling. All I used to do was make myself busy...---Well I have no advice that could make sense or help you...
LOL! Well, marriage would help I suppose, but I need a job first. Make dua for me, bro. What did you keep yourself busy with?
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
:sl:

Of course you are gloomy. You took gloomy lessons from me and you were a good student
rofl! Well, at least I was a good student, Alhamdulillah. I try! xP But nahh, your lessons are illuminant masha-Allah!
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
I'll take a leaf out of Guestfellow's book of advice: Grab yourself croissants and coffee, and you'll be cheerful in no time.
Don't forget to share your croissants with us.
LOL! Well, once I start eating, I don't stop. There's no sharing in-between. I actually bought a vegetable pasta and ate it with some fries. Or as you brits call it, "chips." Yum yum yum nom nom nom.
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
wow mean our rashad bcm mature......bra ho gya ha humra bahi.lol ...just joking.
personally i think when we grew up we bcm more sensitive so its normal. i remember last day i was talking to my friend that the word "tension" i had only read in books, but i came to know what its is when i enter university life, obviously my mind start thinking that time. b4 this i was all time in "must mahool". so dont worry about it.

2ndaly u know as we grew up our needs changes. i mean our spiritual and physical needs varies with time. even we dont know it but there is something we need. so as suggested strength ur relation with Allah SWT and also do marriage asap.
lol! I actually enjoy school, though. Sure, I do stress over exams, but that's the good kind of stress. I think this time it's just the feeling of loneliness that overcame me. Dunno!
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
Its just one of those days, we all get it.

I recommmend a nice long shower. Stay a lil bit longer then usual in Sujud, Ask Allah to remove this feeling. A big hug from someone who loves u! Take a long walk, sometimes we all need a break from our day to day stuff.

When I'm really down, reading Surah al-Kahf always makes me feel better.

Cheer up=)

LOL @ The picture! I think I'll give your suggestions a try, insha-Allah. You can't go wrong when turning to Allah Ta'ala!

------------------------------------------------

In truth, guys, as I mentioned above somewhere in this post, it seems as if loneliness overcame me. It seems like most people have a "buddy" that they do things with, and here I am, you know? lol, it sounds silly. But yeah. Maybe inshallah, I will find my buddy. And I'm not talking marriage - too young for that right now, I s'pose. But does it make sense...?

Re.TiReD
03-29-2011, 12:02 AM
It makes perfect sense.

Beardo
03-29-2011, 02:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...FLaWeD...
It makes perfect sense.
Glad to hear that. I'm not depressed anymore, Alhamdulillah, but I'd still like a buddy, lol.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-29-2011, 04:37 AM
In truth, guys, as I mentioned above somewhere in this post, it seems as if loneliness overcame me. It seems like most people have a "buddy" that they do things with, and here I am, you know? lol, it sounds silly. But yeah. Maybe inshallah, I will find my buddy. And I'm not talking marriage - too young for that right now, I s'pose. But does it make sense...?
people can appear to have friends, but it doesn't mean those friends they have are of any benefit or that they really like them. and likewise people can appear to be lonely, but are in fact very content and happy. i think its a matter of complaining the sorrows to Allah and toughing it out for the time being. i think as long one has patience and acceptance that things cant be "their way" so to speak, it doesn't really matter how lonely one may feel.

Woodrow
03-29-2011, 05:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo

Glad to hear that. I'm not depressed anymore, Alhamdulillah, but I'd still like a buddy, lol.
All too often a Buddy turns out to be somebody who shares your candy bar while he keeps his hidden. We really do not need buddy's but we can all use true friends. A fortunate man is one who finds one true friend in his lifetime. But, buddy's can be nice to break up lonliness, just do not place too much reliance on them and understand most friendships with buddys are temporary.

Beardo
03-30-2011, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
All too often a Buddy turns out to be somebody who shares your candy bar while he keeps his hidden. We really do not need buddy's but we can all use true friends. A fortunate man is one who finds one true friend in his lifetime. But, buddy's can be nice to break up lonliness, just do not place too much reliance on them and understand most friendships with buddys are temporary.
Everyone I know seems to have a buddy. I dunno. Everyone has friends, whether they admit it or not. But a buddy is rare. I really wish I had one.

But Khair inshallah. I've been given everything else I could want in life, so I suppose it'd be ungrateful...

S.Belle
04-03-2011, 03:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo

But a buddy is rare. I really wish I had one.
Im sure you already have a wonderful buddy like YOUR DAD....or a younger/older bro

Tyrion
04-03-2011, 03:42 AM
It's called being human. Just gotta deal with it... You're young though, so it's probably just hormones or something.

Hmm... Really though, posting about this on an online forum probably won't help. (In fact, posting on an internet forum might be a reason why you're feeling the way you are) Here, I'll link you to one of my favorite articles. I think it might have something for you. (I'm serious)

transition?
04-03-2011, 05:10 AM
http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldv...ve-each-other/

I think this might help you cope with the buddy issue. sometimes we have the best friend with Allah (swt) :statisfie

Alpha Dude
04-03-2011, 08:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
It's called being human. Just gotta deal with it... You're young though, so it's probably just hormones or something.

Hmm... Really though, posting about this on an online forum probably won't help. (In fact, posting on an internet forum might be a reason why you're feeling the way you are) Here, I'll link you to one of my favorite articles. I think it might have something for you. (I'm serious)
That really is a good article.

Think about all those teenagers in their dark rooms, glued to their PC's, turning every life problem into ridiculous melodrama. Why do they make those cuts on their arms? It's because making the pain-and subsequent healing-tangible releases endorphins they don't get otherwise. It's pain, but at least it's real. That form of stress relief via mild discomfort used to be part of our daily lives, via our routine of hunting gazelles and gathering berries and climbing rocks and fighting bears. No more. This is why office jobs make so many of us miserable; we don't get any physical, tangible result from our work. But do construction out in the hot sun for two months, and for the rest of your life you can drive past a certain house and say, "Holy ****, I built that." Maybe that's why mass shootings are more common in offices than construction sites.
So true.

Muslim Woman
04-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Salaam

are u married , bro ? If not , get a partner asap. U won't have anymore time to become gloomy , u will then busy with other important matter like this one Attachment 4244

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!