/* */

PDA

View Full Version : artificial insemination-halal ?

anonymous
03-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Can a single woman use artificial insemination to have a child ? plz dont say adopt a child, its not the same. Wat if there are no chances of marriage (dont want to get into that bit) so can this be a the halal way of having a child ? as for the child's linage, etc having the fathers name, then the child could have that, but be brought up just by the mother.

thanks in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
03-28-2011, 07:32 PM
1) where are you going to get sperm from and who is it going to belong to

2) Someones body fluid being injected in you...someone you are not in a marital contract with

3) HARAM

Insaanah
03-28-2011, 09:19 PM
:sl:

It is not allowed, because insemination and potential pregnancy in such a situation are not within the boundaries of a valid marriage contract. A conceived baby would thus be been denied its basic right of legitimacy.

There is the same question here:

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=84323

And a similar one here:

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/21871/...20insemination

Also see this: http://www.islamset.com/bioethics/obstet/artifi.html

And Allah knows best.

anonymous
03-29-2011, 10:47 AM
so basically a woman who is unable to get married has to give up her right to bear children ?? yeh cos thats fair isnt it ? wat about women who are disfigured, disabled etc ? they've got no chance of marrying ? they've got to give up that right ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
03-29-2011, 11:06 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
there's someone else here that is involved and should be taken into consideration and that is the child that is born. what about the psychological impact that it will have on the child who isn't raised without a father. how is the child going to feel knowing that he/she was completely neglected by his father?

and what about the affects the absence of a male role model will have a on a child. if it is a girl, who is going to teach her what to find in a husband and father for her own children. and if it is a male, who will teach him how to be a good husband/father?

anonymous
03-29-2011, 11:26 AM
wat about women who lose their husbands ? either through divorce or death ?? does that mean the kid is missing out on something ? I dont think so. just cos the kid has no father figure doesnt mean its gona lose out ? what cant the mother bring up a child on her own ??

your making out a father is reponsible for moulding the child into a decent muslim ? hows that so, wen the father is responsibility for being the worker ?

every woman wants a child, its fact, all im asking is why cant a single woman, through no fault of her own have a child ? please dont tell me to be patient or go down thru other avenues, i want one of my own. & i cant give it up either, cos im always going to be resentful of missing out on not having one. as a woman surely you would be able to understand ?

Ummu Sufyaan
03-29-2011, 11:57 AM
there is a difference between not being able to be there due to reasons you cant help and not being there due to reasons you can help. a child isn't stupid, it will know that its father has abandoned it and this will cause it much distraught. eventually the child will grow up and ask where his father is and if the father could be there but chose not to be, that is going to equal one unhappy kid. and to be honest, he/she deserves a better father like that.

your making out a father is reponsible for moulding the child into a decent muslim ? hows that so, wen the father is responsibility for being the worker ?
directly and indirectly both parents have a role in raising their children be it a female child or a male child. lets take what you said about being the worker for example. . when the child grows up, if there is no male present (in this case for working) is the child going to know that a male needs to work for his family?

the fathers sole responsibility isn't just working either. he needs to discipline his children as much as the mother needs to and he needs to show them affection as-well. his role isnt merely to to bring the dough home...it doesnt stop there.

Though both these things (raising children and showing affection to them) are seen as the mothers job, truth of the matter is, it goes deeper than this. reason is both parents (mother or father) are role models for both genders that their children may turn out to be and it isnt simply a matter or "a male (father) is the role model for a male (son)" or "a female (mother) is the role model for a female (daughter)."
sometimes, directly or indirectly, the role actually "swaps over" simply because it just the way it goes. a mother cannot teach her daughters what to find in a husband and father for her own children...a father does that. and likewise a father cant teach his sons what they should find in a wife...a mother does that.

but the point is, is that parenthood inst exclusive for what appears to be on the surface...it actually runs a lot deeper then this. Both parents play a vital role and are like invisible pillars of support in raising their children, be the child a boy or a girl.

without the father being there, who is going to support mum and how are the children going to know that its ok if they, as husbands and fathers, can show affection to their children. children never pick up on that stuff expect from their parents.

lets take another example. how's a male child for example going to know that its important for males to grow a beard if there is no father there with a beard. again, children never pick up on this stuff expect from their parents.

im not trying to mock you or start an argument im just trying to make you see the other side of it.

maybe Allah grant you a good husband and children (if its you that you are talking about)

anonymous
03-29-2011, 12:27 PM
Ive thought about all that. A father being absent will not affect the child, yes its not the same, but its not like there wont be other male figures within that child's life. yes i know its not the same, but it would be same if a wife lost her husband right ? she would make do, & make the best of her situation. thats all i want to do. about the religion side of things, there are mosques etc, & other pious members that the child can learn from. plz dont make out its such a big deal for a woman to bring up a child on her own, cos to me its not, ive seen loads of women do it either thru divorce or death of a husband. them children have lost their fathers, some didnt even know their existence, cos the dads were losers, but the point is, the end result, the child-is normal. every side that you make me see well ive thought about it already. All im asking is why is so wrong for a woman to want a child, on her own, wen she cant thru other means e.g marriage. spare me the test talk or patience etc, im aware of that, I just want to know what about women that are disadvantaged through no fault of their own ? why cant a woman like that have normality and a child just to be her own ? how does someone get over yearning for a child, at the same time know its never gona happen through the right way ?

Ummu Sufyaan
03-29-2011, 12:40 PM
i dont know, maybe there is wisdom in it that you dont know about.

spare me the test talk or patience etc, im aware of that,
it seems like you dont. how are you going to get through this if you dont want to know about patience?

whatever, im done with this thread.

anonymous
03-29-2011, 01:09 PM
i know there is wisdom behind everything sometimes beyond what us mere mortals understand. Im aware of patience and tests in islam which is why i said to spare me that. I just want to know what do women who cant have children in the marital way, get ova not having a child ?? Ive been patient for many many years, & i dont see how something beyond my control, shud warrant me not having a child ??

Dagless
03-29-2011, 01:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
& hows a woman wanting a child weird ?? is fact all women yearn for children. all im asking is what about women who cant through no fault of their own as in dissability/disfigurment ? hows it their fault ?
It's not their fault but the answer was given earlier in the thread. People yearn for sex too but if they can't marry then it's still not permissible to have sex. You can try to justify it all you want but people here have given you the correct answer to the best of their knowledge. Whether you want to accept it or not is your choice.

marwen
03-29-2011, 03:55 PM
all im asking is what about women who cant through no fault of their own as in dissability/disfigurment ? hows it their fault ?
it's no one's fault. What about a person who has no legs, or who has any other loss or deprivation, should he do haram things ? You should be patient sister, and thank Allah for things you already have.
As brothers and sisters clarified above, It's haram, if you are muslim.
Be patient, ask Allah for a husband. If you don't get children in this life, then you will be rewarded in the hereafter because of your deprivation of children.

Insaanah
03-29-2011, 04:46 PM

Firstly, the point is that a woman is not supposed to have any sperm in her that don't belong to her husband. I know rape happens, but that's by force and is wrong. In the case of an unmarried woman, she is not supposed to have any sperm or any baby inside of her at all. You know sister, in Islam, certain things are meant to happen within certain boundaries. So having sex, getting pregnant, the boundaries for those are that they must be within a marriage. These boundaries have been set by Allah. And that is the main point. While there may be wisdoms to it that other members have hinted at, the point is that Allah has disallowed it.

Believe me, and I don't mean to belittle how you're feeling in any way, but there are quite a few Muslim women in your position, who, for various reasons beyond their control, face a future without a husband or children or any of the other things married couples enjoy. Those things can happen within those boundaries only. Once we start wanting to get them to happen outside of those boundaries, then we start approaching sin. And we need to stop ourselves here.

As hard as it may feel, that is what the reward of sabr is for. So, instead of getting sin in our account (which we would by going outside the limits and boundaries that Allah has set), we can get more reward than you can ever imagine through sabr. It's not the case that Allah doesn't know how badly we want those things, He does. But He, in His infinite wisdom, knows a) if, and b) when, it's best for us to get them. Until then we have no recourse, but to try our best to have sabr. And sometimes it isn't easy, but the reward is commensurate with that.

Look at what Allah says in the Qur'an:

Sahih International

And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient (2:155)

Sahih International
O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient. (2:153)

It may be that what I've said is not what you wanted to hear, but it was meant sincerely.

May Allah help you and ease your affairs, sister. Ameen.

Predator
03-29-2011, 08:35 PM
I think OP wants to whether Artifical insemination can be halal as a last resort for having a child to look after her in certain cases , the same way Pork can be Halal as a last resort for food in a desert , if its the only food available

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced [by necessity], neither desiring [it] nor transgressing [its limit], there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.Qur'an (2:173).

Insaanah
03-29-2011, 09:06 PM
^ That allowance has been made for, as one example, situations when our life might be in danger, and that is the only thing available, and if we didn't eat it we'd die. Here the preservation of life takes precedence and Allah has given an allowance to account for that.

However, our lives don't depend on having a child. It's not the case that if we don't have one, we'll die. Generations of people without children have lived and do live, and life goes on for them. Some have no husbands either. But the boundaries have been firmly and clearly set by Allah.

Predator
03-29-2011, 09:20 PM

It's not the case that if we don't have one, we'll die.
Who would look after her when she is in grey hair. Pensions or Home for the aged ?

Cabdullahi
03-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Forget all these people.....let me tell you of something that can get you in heaven......adopt an orphan and take care of him/her and bam!....you've quenched the thirst for babies and you've had your account deposited with large sums of good deeds.

artificial insemination = zero.....its profitless in this world and the next....why because the child you'll have lacks legitimacy and thus, makes him/her a bastar.d child

Allah knows best.....

Ramadhan
03-29-2011, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Airforce
I think OP wants to whether Artifical insemination can be halal as a last resort for having a child to look after her in certain cases , the same way Pork can be Halal as a last resort for food in a desert , if its the only food available

Well, artificial insemination between husband and wife who have trouble conceiving has been deemed halal by many scholars, but in this case the sister is not married and, if I'm not mistaken, she wants to get pregnant from a sperm donor.

I dont think it fits the last resort criteria.

Insaanah
03-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Who would look after her when she is in grey hair. Pensions or Home for the aged ?
I'm not trying to be callous here, but to the point, and apologies if I came across that way. It is not the case that I can don't understand, because I do. And we have so much to be thankful for.

It is not just a husband and children that can look after someone if the need arises. There may be brothers, uncles, nephews, other relatives etc. And there are some people who are all alone in this world, who have no one except Allah, and they rely on Him and get on with their lives. Sometimes you need human help, and at times when you think you might need it, you can ask a relative, friend, neighbour etc.

We cannot put some strange man's sperm into us in an attempt to produce a child that a) might not happen, and b) if a baby was born, you have no guarantee that he/she will look after you. But that is not the point. An unmarried woman should not have sperm in her for any reason.

Allah has not given us allowances in this situation, and Islam does not encourage that type of society where unmarried women are walking around pregnant. Alhamdulillah for that.

"(Triumphant) are those who turn repentant (to Allah), those who serve (Him), those who praise (Him), those who fast, those who bow down, those who fall prostrate (in worship), those who enjoin the right and who forbid the wrong and those who observe the limits set by Allah - And give glad tidings to the believers." (9:112)

CosmicPathos
03-29-2011, 09:56 PM

What a weird way of looking at things.

Why did Allah give death to Amina and Abdullah when Muhammad pbuh was few years old? Did not He know who will look after the young child? Why did he take two important figures (father and mother) from the life of His beloved creation? Can you answer that?

Moreover, what guarantee you or she has that the inseminated child she produces from some random man will grow up and look after her when is in "grey hair?" What guarantee you have that she will have gray hair and will not die tomorrow?

I was appalled when you compared eating pork as last resort with this blasphemy.

Hamza Asadullah
03-29-2011, 11:42 PM
Can a single woman use artificial insemination to have a child ? plz dont say adopt a child, its not the same. Wat if there are no chances of marriage (dont want to get into that bit) so can this be a the halal way of having a child ? as for the child's linage, etc having the fathers name, then the child could have that, but be brought up just by the mother.

thanks in advance.
Asalaamu Alaikum, Firstly i would just like to apologise for any responses you found inappropriate or offensive. You are most welcome here to ask any questions you like.

My dear sister you came here wanting the Islamic position with regards to artificial insemination of a third party as oppose to a husband so here is the Islamic position with regards to your question:

According to Sheikh Mufti Muhammad Ibn Adam Al-Kawthari:

The Islamic ruling on these various forms and methods of treatment is concerned, one must keep in mind a very important principle, for that answers all the questions. The principle is that resorting to these methods of medical treatment is permissible as long as "only" the husband and wife are involved. It is completely unlawful to use a third party's (donor) sperm or eggs.

The reason being is that Islam has completely prohibited adultery (zina) and everything that leads to it. Islam lays allot of importance on the preservation of lineage. The preservation of lineage (hifz al-nasl) is one of the five universals and objectives of Shariah. As such, introducing a third party into the family equation would confuse the lineage, hence it will not be allowed. Using the sperm or eggs of a third person would create doubt and confusion with regards to the child's identity. The child's lineage and identity will not be preserved and safeguarded.

Many contemporary scholars have declared the introduction of other than the husband's sperm into the wife akin to adultery (zina), hence a major sin. They state that artificial insemination of other than the husband's sperm and adultery are both similar in effect; that is, in both cases the tillage is inseminated by a stranger. It is also a more severe crime than "legal" adoption, which is also completely prohibited in Shariah.

Allah Most High says:

"And those who guard their private parts. Except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess, for (in their case) they are free from blame. But those whose desires exceed those limits are transgressors." (Surah al-Mu'minun, V. 5-7)

Ruwayfi' ibn Thabit al-Ansari (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said on the day of Hunayn: "It is unlawful for a man who believes in Allah and the last day that he waters the plant of another." (Sunan Abu Dawud, no. 2151 & Sunan Tirmidhi) The meaning of watering the plant of another is to introduce one's sperm into the womb of another person's wife.

Therefore, all forms of treatment in which a third party is involved are completely unlawful. Hence, AID, AIM and surrogate motherhood is out of the question.

Moreover, the question of "to whom will the child be attributed" also arises in such cases. Scholars mention that despite the prohibition of resorting to such methods, if one did employ them, the child will always be attributed to the mother's husband.

There is a famous Hadith recorded by Imam Muslim and others in which the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said: 'The child will be attributed to the husband and the adulterer will receive the stone'. The meaning of this Hadith is that the right of paternity will always be for the person who is married to the child's mother.

Thus, if a donor's sperm or the husband's sperm mixed with that of a donor was introduced into the wife, the child will still be attributed to the husband. However, if the husband refuses to accept the child as his own, it will only be attributed to the mother.

If an unmarried woman was artificially inseminated with the sperm of another man, the child will only be attributed to herself. The man whose sperm was used will have nothing to do with the child.

Source: http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...D=3622&CATE=95

Sheikh Faraz Rabbani Adds:

The Islamic Fiqh Academy, and other bodies, including Al-Azhar's Fatwa Committee, have studied this matter at length. They concluded that artificial insemination is permitted, as long as only the husband and wife are reproductively involved. This is permitted whether the fertilization itself occurs inside or outside the woman. It is not permitted to use third party ('donor') sperm or eggs, even when either spouse is infertile. They stressed that one should ensure that such procedures are carried out in a safe way, for obvious reasons.

Some of the scholars emphasize, too, that such procedures should only be used when normal means prove ineffective.

It is important, in the end, to remember that while we have been commanded by Allah Most High to take all permitted means, we have also been commanded to believe that means themselves do not have an effect; only Allah does.

And Allah knows best.

Source: http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...ID=2455&CATE=2

So my dear sister it is clear that artificial insemination from a third party who is not your husband is totally foribidden in Islam and likened to adultery. Surely there is no good in that which Allah has made forbidden for us. There is no way around this and this has been made clear by scholars who have looked into this matter in great detail with the help and advice of physicians.

My sister I do understand that for a person who has a disablity or illness it may be difficult to get married but it is not impossible and you should not give up hope of finding a husband. Whatever Allah will give you will be the best for you and if he does not give you a child then you will be compensated MUCH greater for it in the hereafter where we will all wish we had recieved NOTHING in this world just so that we could have recieved EVERYTHING in the hereafter.

It maybe that Allah will find you a partner whom you can marry and bear a child with. You should try all the means possible and make dua relying on Allah but at the same time accepting his decree. Does he not know what is best for us in our lives?

There are many people who are infertile and this is their test so you should be happy that you are fertile and know that if it is best for you in this life to have a partner with whom you can bare children with then it will happen no matter what but if it is not meant for you to have children then NOTHING you do will enable you to have children.

So in conclusion you should make the utmost effort despite your condition, to look for a marriage partner even if that means you become a second wife and at the same time make sincere dua and put your trust in Allah and accept his decree that whatever he has planned for you in this life is best for you as he created you and his decree is what is best for you.

Please read this thread as it will help you inshallah:

Solutions Of How To Get Through Hardships, Stresses and Problems in life!

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...lems-life.html

If you have any further questions or need any advice or help with anything at all then please do not hesitate to ask.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Ramadhan
03-30-2011, 02:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Forget all these people.....let me tell you of something that can get you in heaven......adopt an orphan and take care of him/her and bam!....you've quenched the thirst for babies and you've had your account deposited with large sums of good deeds.
finally someone is making sense with illuminating and yet so simple solution.
In my country at least, there are plenty of babies who are not wanted by their mothers ("accidental" pregnancies by unmarried young women), so yeah those babies need some good loving mother care too.

although maybe with some women it is the pregnancy experience that they are after?
Is pregnancy really that wonderful experience?

To the OP: have you ever considered babies adoption?
Not one of those anonymous internet mail babies where you have no idea about the lineage of the baby, but going to orphanage or hospitals, or maybe relatives or friends, who have unwanted babies with clear parental identities?

anonymous
03-30-2011, 07:47 AM
umm-sufyan i wasnt being funny, with my constant questioning, i had already thought about all them things you had mentioned, but it felt like i had struck a nerve ?? apologies if ive got it wrong.

insanaah- thank you so much for taking the time and patience for your thoughtful reply. i guess i was sick of hearing about sabr all the time, & then to hav babies pushed in2 my face 24/7, ive been patient for so many years, & i got fed up, well its 2 much to take...& sometimes wen your sat in despair its hard to switch off emotions esp ones like these. It was a last resort thing b4 my time is up, i think any childless woman would understand that. Unfortuantely i come from a background where an umarried woman mite as well be dead.

Im not bothered about the husband, and Im not doing this to be looked after, or for sex.

I dont understand why this is so hard to get ? but my desire is for a child. thats IT. Ive done everything i can with my life, i just wanted something of my own, to care and look after. I get the adoption thing but its not the same. do any of you that have inputted in this thread actually have children ?? to the men, would you really adopt a child, and be able to love them as your own ? It wud feel different, and i dont wana do injustice to someone else's child., & hav lack of love for that person, wen its not even their fault. @ naidamar, re:adoption i looked into this years ago, and the amount of paperwork/constant check ups that i wud hav to go thru is ridiculous, your right the world is crying out for adoptive parents, but i would literally have to wait years + i did also think of the option of going overseas. Some places put prices on children, i know someone that bought one for 10, 000 pounds, it just feels wrong. a child is sacred, not an item, you can just pick off the shelf. an adoptive child would never ever be mine, its not the same.

I knew what the answer would be when i posted this, but i guess i just wanted to hear what other women do in my situation, to stop feeling resentful of a religion, cos thats what its getting like.

to m.scientist. in future i suggest you refrain from makin those kinds of comments, (you dont know me, would you really speak to your blood sister like that ?) esp when dealing with a sensitive issue that men will never ever get. you just wont understand. all women hav biological clocks, and its not possible to just get ova certain things. i came with a genuine concern, not to get ridiculed, i really hope your wife/sister or any other female in your family never ever has to feel like this or encouter any probs with bearing children. us women are sensitive things, you know the way allah made us, just plz bear that in mind, next time you ridicule someone. you can kill a persons's iman with certain words, an iman that is prob more or less dead anyway.

@ hamza jazakhallah with respect polygamy is not something easy for a woman to go through. I have no issues with people that practice it, each to their own, but when you suggest that to someone you dont know, you should also ask youself would you like it for your real sister ?? if the tables were turned would you be able to share you partner ? Im sorry im not saying this to be rude, just to make you realise that this sort of stuff is a big deal to us women. Allah made it lawful but its also a choice for us women, whether we chose to go down the root. It takes a strong woman to be in a polygamous marriage, and theres not many of them women about.

oh and sorry for saying the P word before

anonymous
03-30-2011, 07:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
really its not that easy. when you have a wife and children of your own then maybe, just maybe you'll understand a little.

CosmicPathos
03-30-2011, 08:25 AM
umm-sufyan i wasnt being funny, with my constant questioning, i had already thought about all them things you had mentioned, but it felt like i had struck a nerve ?? apologies if ive got it wrong.

insanaah- thank you so much for taking the time and patience for your thoughtful reply. i guess i was sick of hearing about sabr all the time, & then to hav babies pushed in2 my face 24/7, ive been patient for so many years, & i got fed up, well its 2 much to take...& sometimes wen your sat in despair its hard to switch off emotions esp ones like these. It was a last resort thing b4 my time is up, i think any childless woman would understand that. Unfortuantely i come from a background where an umarried woman mite as well be dead.

Im not bothered about the husband, and Im not doing this to be looked after, or for sex.

I dont understand why this is so hard to get ? but my desire is for a child. thats IT. Ive done everything i can with my life, i just wanted something of my own, to care and look after. I get the adoption thing but its not the same. do any of you that have inputted in this thread actually have children ?? to the men, would you really adopt a child, and be able to love them as your own ? It wud feel different, and i dont wana do injustice to someone else's child., & hav lack of love for that person, wen its not even their fault. @ naidamar, re:adoption i looked into this years ago, and the amount of paperwork/constant check ups that i wud hav to go thru is ridiculous, your right the world is crying out for adoptive parents, but i would literally have to wait years + i did also think of the option of going overseas. Some places put prices on children, i know someone that bought one for 10, 000 pounds, it just feels wrong. a child is sacred, not an item, you can just pick off the shelf. an adoptive child would never ever be mine, its not the same.

I knew what the answer would be when i posted this, but i guess i just wanted to hear what other women do in my situation, to stop feeling resentful of a religion, cos thats what its getting like.

to m.scientist. in future i suggest you refrain from makin those kinds of comments, (you dont know me, would you really speak to your blood sister like that ?) esp when dealing with a sensitive issue that men will never ever get. you just wont understand. all women hav biological clocks, and its not possible to just get ova certain things. i came with a genuine concern, not to get ridiculed, i really hope your wife/sister or any other female in your family never ever has to feel like this or encouter any probs with bearing children. us women are sensitive things, you know the way allah made us, just plz bear that in mind, next time you ridicule someone. you can kill a persons's iman with certain words, an iman that is prob more or less dead anyway.

@ hamza jazakhallah with respect polygamy is not something easy for a woman to go through. I have no issues with people that practice it, each to their own, but when you suggest that to someone you dont know, you should also ask youself would you like it for your real sister ?? if the tables were turned would you be able to share you partner ? Im sorry im not saying this to be rude, just to make you realise that this sort of stuff is a big deal to us women. Allah made it lawful but its also a choice for us women, whether we chose to go down the root. It takes a strong woman to be in a polygamous marriage, and theres not many of them women about.

oh and sorry for saying the P word before
You cannot blame me for killing your emaan. Its your deed, not mine. If my words made you kill your emaan, Allah will ask you about why you let my words effect yourself. You cant put your burden of loosing emaan on me.

Now that is clear, onto the next thing about ridiculing you. Can you tell me where I ridiculed you as a person? I only responded to your statement. I did not make any comment about you as a person, only about your statement.

Regarding adopted children and you feeling that it can never be mine, honestly tell me, what is yours? Nothing is ours in this world, not our body. Did you have a choice about your body? about your being? About your parents? You or I cannot even prevent ourselves from dying, how can we have this ego of "Mine." Your baby or an adopted baby, its the same thing. It is a human being that needs nourishment.

Prophet Muhammad pbuh grew as an orphan, and non-biological parents (his uncle and grandfather) nourished him and adopted him.

I am done with this thread. Good luck to you with whatever you wish and desire.

salam.

Insaanah
03-30-2011, 06:42 PM
:sl: sister anonymous,

I was PM'd this by a member who cannot yet post in the advice and support section, and she asked if I could post it here for her. For your info, this was sent by her before you made the last two posts in the thread, but I have only just logged on to the forum now and seen it now. I am posting it at her request.

There are many babies who will grow up without a mother and she can be a mother to one of these children. She says its not the same to adopt but to the child it might not be the same to be brought up by a woman who is not their birth mother but they have no choice in the matter they cant inceminate themselves into a mother and get borne but being adopted is the next best thing and lets them be part of a real family and it is something beautiful she should seriously consider like.

She says its not the same but she can make it the same by being as loving to them as she would to her own and consider them her own and the child will see her as their real mum and both have something missing in their lives found cuz they're together.

Also many embryos die in the proces of incemination and theres a high fail rate lots of dead embryos each embryo is a human life even if not much developed its still alive and human and growing so thats one good reason why its not allowed plz ask her does she want to be responsible for so many human deaths?

Predator
03-30-2011, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
What a weird way of looking at things.

Moreover, what guarantee you or she has that the inseminated child she produces from some random man will grow up and look after her when is in "grey hair?".
Scientist have actually found a way to create sperm cells without men.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/arc...8/feb/08020103

Of course as Abdullahi mentioned , Adoption is best solution in this case . But if there are no more orphans left due to every infertile couples and widows/widowers taking an orphan Child ,Such a situation would probably never happen but if does can the women then resort to those stem cells created embryos if she has no relatives/friends to support her ?

Rhubarb Tart
03-30-2011, 07:07 PM
so basically a woman who is unable to get married has to give up her right to bear children ?? yeh cos thats fair isnt it ? wat about women who are disfigured, disabled etc ? they've got no chance of marrying ? they've got to give up that right ?

My mother had Achondroplasia (dwarfism) :wub:and managed to get married to my dad. Believe or nor sis, there are people that can look beyond appearance. Just a thought...:)

Alpha Dude
03-30-2011, 07:54 PM

Sister, for one thing, I don't think there would be that many Muslim sperm donors out there and secondly, donated sperm would be produced by masturbation.

So, in light of the above, if you were to go through with such a thing, you'd have to endure:

i. sperm that is borne of a sin (masturbation)
ii. sperm that is from a non-legal partner (someone you're not married to)
iii. sperm that is from a non-muslim most likely (muslim women aren't allowed to marry non-muslims)

Three layers of unlawfulness in order to have your child.

You said earlier that children aren't items that can be bought and sold which is true and makes perfect sense, they don't deserve such a thing to have happen to them - I think you should also spend some deep thought on whether a child deserves to be bought into the world via sin.

Sister, please don't take this the wrong way but: a woman who is not married does not have any right to have children. It's only when a woman enters a contract of marriage, that she gains a right. No other way. So a person who cannot get married is not giving up any right whatsoever. How can she give up something she does not have in the first place?

Sister, for the sake of your deen, you should have an optimistic and trusting outlook on Allah. Holding a grudge against/being bitter toward Allah for superficially PERCEIVED unfair reasons is opening the door toward misguidance. Allah is as you think him to be. If you think he's unfair, you're blocking yourself from his mercy.

It's a matter of using your will-power in order to have a positive outlook. Be strong in your concviction and be strong in your tawakul/trust in Allah.

At the end of the day, this life is a test. We should never forget that. One day, we will be reckoned and on that day we will have great fear over our deeds. Life is temporary.

Make plenty of dua for marriage. It's not impossible. Allah can do anything. For your dua to be potent, avoid sins and do many good deeds. Above all, place your full trust in Allah. Allah has 99 attributes that we know him by. They're not just mere words. There is depth behind them. Allah is All Wise. This means there is undoubtedly great wisdom behind everything that happens. So we should do our utmost and resign ourselves to Allah's wisdom because we simply don't (and can't) know any better.

Cabdullahi
03-30-2011, 08:49 PM
really its not that easy. when you have a wife and children of your own then maybe, just maybe you'll understand a little.
ok Insha'Allah

You've ruled yourself out from the prospect of having halal children of your own.....Allah may have other plans for you.

but what do i know and understand.....nothing

CosmicPathos
03-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Scientist have actually found a way to create sperm cells without men.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/arc...8/feb/08020103

Of course as Abdullahi mentioned , Adoption is best solution in this case . But if there are no more orphans left due to every infertile couples and widows/widowers taking an orphan Child ,Such a situation would probably never happen but if does can the women then resort to those stem cells created embryos if she has no relatives/friends to support her ?
red is mine.
According to the New Scientist report, Nayernia claims to have developed the spermatogonia from female bone marrow as well, but has not yet been able to make the female spermatogonia undergo meiosis. You need meiosis for diploid spermatogonia to form haploid spermatozoa and then spermatids (sperms). So scientists have really done nothing spectacular here.

As with most stem-cell technologies, however, there are safety concerns about the process. Reportedly Nayernia pioneered his "female sperm" techniques first on mice, impregnating female mouse eggs with sperm derived from female stem cells. The mice that were subsequently born, however, suffered severe health problems.
One other problem with creating "female sperm" is that such sperm would always lack the Y chromosome necessary to conceive a male child. Hence the process could only ever produce a female child.Lets see who would want a baby riddled with syndromes such as downs, angelmans, wagners, dactyly's blah blah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!