/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Images during prayer...

anonymous
03-28-2011, 10:37 PM
:sl:

Not just during prayer, but whenever the name "Allah" or "God" is mentioned an image flashes across my head. I think its because when I was a kid I formed a picture of Allah (swt) in my head astagfirullah...

It distracts me from worship and such an image demotes god. I do NOT believe this to be god but it is certainly distracting, so how do I get rid of this image? It just keeps popping up in my head?

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
03-29-2011, 03:15 AM
:wa:

The more you try to ignore it the more persistent it will become. Sort of trying not to think about elephants while telling yourself don't think about elephants.

Try to relax before prayer time. Do not make any effort to not think about the image. Think only about your intent for your prayers and do not give the image any more value than any other unwanted annoyance.

MustafaMc
03-29-2011, 03:47 AM
...also focus more on the meaning of what you are reciting and to be more conscious of preforming every action of salah precisely.

Ramadhan
03-29-2011, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
...also focus more on the meaning of what you are reciting and to be more conscious of preforming every action of salah precisely.

This is very good advice, and true.
When I was just reciting verses and du'a during my younger days, I was not so much into my shalah.
But after I cvame back to Islam, and this time I made sure to learn and memorize the meanings of surah and all the du'as in shalah, I am so much more "enjoying" my shalah and concentrate on what I am reciting to my Lord, and so able to taste the sweetness of shalah. Alhamdulillaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!