/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are the two most important things for you in life?

Flame of Hope
03-29-2011, 07:01 AM
I'm curious. What are the two most important things for you in life? And why?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Little_Lion
03-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Love and faith, with trust a close third. I'm still not awake enough to say why. XD

YusufNoor
03-29-2011, 01:42 PM
:sl:

1) Allah subhannahu wa ta' aala

2) Allah's Messenger, Muhammad ibn Abdullah al Hashemi al Qurayshi, Salla Allahu Alayhe wa Salaam

:wa:

tigerkhan
03-29-2011, 02:00 PM
ok a line from ur revert story.
love for truth is more powerful than love for anything else. so 1st most important thing for me in life is ALLAH SWT, Islam and Prophet PBUH. and for this love i can sacrifice all....and infact i had sacrificed all, my friends, family, career, love........
and 2nd will be my other half.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Endymion
03-29-2011, 04:26 PM
To become successful in both Dunyah and Aakhirah,Inshallah :statisfie

Ghazalah
03-29-2011, 04:34 PM
The Love of my life, and Islam.

Fivesolas
03-29-2011, 06:29 PM
1. God
2. Family

There is nothing greater or to be esteemed higher that Almighty God. This is why He is most important to me.

My relationship with my wife as a husband and as a father to my children is a reflection of God. Therefore, my relationship to them is highly important.

Hannah.
03-29-2011, 06:34 PM
- Faith
- Love

Flame of Hope
03-30-2011, 06:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
ok a line from ur revert story.
love for truth is more powerful than love for anything else.
Yes, I agree. :)

The two most important things in my life are : Truth and compassion.

Truth because it is the only thing that can guide me. And compassion because life is not just for saving oneself from disaster. It is also about caring when other people are headed in the wrong direction.

Flame of Hope
03-31-2011, 10:55 PM
I had asked the same question to the Indian Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan. What do you think his answer was? :)

1. Integrity.
2. Honour.

Al_Basir
03-31-2011, 11:17 PM
1.Making good deeds
2.Avoiding sins

Because that is what is counted in the end.

Flame of Hope
04-01-2011, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
I had asked the same question to the Indian Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan. What do you think his answer was? :)

1. Integrity.
2. Honour.
How did I get to ask Amitabh Bachchan this question? Do you wanna know how I did it? :statisfie

lol. Here's the story of how it happened.

I was reading a magazine called Showtime one day. I came across a page that had a competition of some sort. It offered me the opportunity to ask Amitabh Bachchan two questions. As you already know by now, I LOVE asking questions. I always have. So I came up with two questions to ask the mega superstar, filled in the form, sent it on its way and forgot all about it. I never thought my questions would be selected. You know one of the questions I had asked. The other question I had asked was: "What does it feel like to be Amitabh Bachchan?". :D

But hey, those questions were interesting enough to get selected. I suppose they must have printed those questions along with Amitabh Bachchan's answers in an issue of Showtime magazine some time later. I had no idea this had happened until one fine day, I received a letter. It contained Amitabh Bachchan's picture and autograph (a real autograph, not a printed one) and a single sheet of paper that had his answers. I couldn't believe it and for days I would stare at the letter, his picture and autograph. Eventually, I gave the entire letter away to my friend, who was a die-hard Amitabh Bachchan fan. Back then, I wasn't a Muslim. But I wasn't one to idolize Amitabh Bachchan the way my friend did.

tigerkhan
04-03-2011, 06:21 AM
thanks GOD we dont have Bachan Machan etc in Pakistan. Our ppl dont like these type of stars...yes its a cultural difference.

Tyrion
04-03-2011, 06:33 AM
Lol, you posted this on an Islamic forum... You're not going to get any answers that stray too far from the generic ones that involve piety and religiosity. :p

Flame of Hope
04-04-2011, 03:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
Lol, you posted this on an Islamic forum... You're not going to get any answers that stray too far from the generic ones that involve piety and religiosity.
True, brother. But the questions have a dual purpose behind them. If people don't know what's important for them in life, how are they going to focus on them? This question was aimed to make people ponder over things that are important to them. I hope it helped in some way.

monti_smith
04-04-2011, 09:08 AM
My family
My faith

Sunnie Ameena
04-04-2011, 07:18 PM
GOD is first and foremost the most important thing in my life and my family is the second.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!