/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which verses of the Qur'an comfort your heart?

Flame of Hope
03-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Which verses of the Qur'an comfort your heart?

Which sura do you like the most?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazalah
03-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Surat Qaf- Ayah 16-35...

Not only does it talk about death and the punishment of the non-believe, it automatically talks about Jannah and the reward of the believer straight afterwords. I think it's beautiful, it's basically love this dunya and this is how you will end up, hate this dunya and this is how beautiful and content you will end up like.

Here's the translation:

http://quran.com/50

Ami
03-29-2011, 04:57 PM
I find Ad Duha comfortining particulary verses 7&8
And He found thee wandering, and He gave thee guidance. (7)
And He found thee in need, and made thee independent. (8)

Ramadhan
03-29-2011, 05:26 PM
Surah Dhuha and Surah Ash Sharh

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
03-29-2011, 06:10 PM
I do not seem to have any favorite Surat or ayyats. I often simply pick up the Qur'an read Al-Fatihah, set my Quran down and reflect over Al-Fatihah. Then after a few minutes or so. I pick up the Quran and simply open it with no conscious effort or search.
I always seem to open to a page that is exactly what I need to read at that moment.

Just now I did just that;

I opened to Surah Maidah ayyat 76 to 84

5:76 Say: "Will ye worship, besides Allah, something which hath no power either to harm or benefit you? But Allah,- He it is that heareth and knoweth all things."
Qul ataAAbudoona min dooni Allahi mala yamliku lakum darran wala nafAAan waAllahuhuwa alssameeAAu alAAaleemu

5:77 Say: "O people of the Book! exceed not in your religion the bounds (of what is proper), trespassing beyond the truth, nor follow the vain desires of people who went wrong in times gone by,- who misled many, and strayed (themselves) from the even way.
Qul ya ahla alkitabi lataghloo fee deenikum ghayra alhaqqi wala tattabiAAooahwaa qawmin qad dalloo min qablu waadallookatheeran wadalloo AAan sawa-i alssabeeli

5:78 Curses were pronounced on those among the Children of Israel who rejected Faith, by the tongue of David and of Jesus the son of Mary: because they disobeyed and persisted in excesses.
LuAAina allatheena kafaroo min baneeisra-eela AAala lisani dawoodawaAAeesa ibni maryama thalika bima AAasawwakanoo yaAAtadoona

5:79 Nor did they (usually) forbid one another the iniquities which they committed: evil indeed were the deeds which they did.
Kanoo la yatanahawnaAAan munkarin faAAaloohu labi/sa ma kanooyafAAaloona

5:80 Thou seest many of them turning in friendship to the Unbelievers. Evil indeed are (the works) which their souls have sent forward before them (with the result), that Allah.s wrath is on them, and in torment will they abide.
Tara katheeran minhum yatawallawnaallatheena kafaroo labi/sa ma qaddamat lahumanfusuhum an sakhita Allahu AAalayhim wafee alAAathabihum khalidoona

5:81 If only they had believed in Allah, in the Messenger, and in what hath been revealed to him, never would they have taken them for friends and protectors, but most of them are rebellious wrong-doers.
Walaw kanoo yu/minoona biAllahiwaalnnabiyyi wama onzila ilayhi ma ittakhathoohumawliyaa walakinna katheeran minhum fasiqoona

5:82 Strongest among men in enmity to the believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant.
Latajidanna ashadda alnnasiAAadawatan lillatheena amanoo alyahooda waallatheenaashrakoo walatajidanna aqrabahum mawaddatan lillatheena amanooallatheena qaloo inna nasara thalikabi-anna minhum qisseeseena waruhbanan waannahum layastakbiroona

5:83 And when they listen to the revelation received by the Messenger, thou wilt see their eyes overflowing with tears, for they recognise the truth: they pray: "Our Lord! we believe; write us down among the witnesses.
Wa-itha samiAAoo ma onzila ilaalrrasooli tara aAAyunahum tafeedu mina alddamAAimimma AAarafoo mina alhaqqi yaqooloona rabbanaamanna faoktubna maAAa alshshahideena

5:84 "What cause can we have not to believe in Allah and the truth which has come to us, seeing that we long for our Lord to admit us to the company of the righteous?"
Wama lana la nu/minu biAllahiwama jaana mina alhaqqi wanatmaAAuan yudkhilana rabbuna maAAa alqawmi alssaliheena

Strange it opened there I had just been discussing the Trinity and use of the Name Allaah(swt) on a few threads. For me this was the best thing I could have read at this moment.

Coincidence? If you believe in coincidences. I believe Allaah(swt) is the best of planners and all things no matter how small happen for a purpose.

Perseveranze
03-29-2011, 06:44 PM

There's so many to choose from really, the whole Quran is comforting.

What is there, after truth, but misguidance? (10:32)

Endymion
03-29-2011, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
Which verses of the Qur'an comfort your heart?
Its a verse of Quran i always forget the Ayah and its number imsad
It is "And miser hearts find comfort in the dhikr of Allah SWT.I love this Ayah,make me feel relax,always :statisfie

Which sura do you like the most?
I love Surah Al-Noor.The Light.The beauty of this Surah always facinate me.The examples Allah SWT use to describe himself,they are the most beautiful words ever written on planet Earth.

024.035 God is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: the Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: Lit from a blessed Tree, an Olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! God doth guide whom He will to His Light: God doth set forth Parables for men: and God doth know all things.

024.036 (Lit is such a Light) in houses, which God hath permitted to be raised to honour; for the celebration, in them, of His name: In them is He glorified in the mornings and in the evenings, (again and again),-

I never tired of reading them :wub:

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Strange it opened there I had just been discussing the Trinity and use of the Name Allaah(swt) on a few threads. For me this was the best thing I could have read at this moment.

Coincidence? If you believe in coincidences. I believe Allaah(swt) is the best of planners and all things no matter how small happen for a purpose.
These coincidences always happen to me when i open Quran.Whenever im distressed,sad,disappointed,i open Quran and i always find something to console me using my name,and suddenly,all sadness turn into happiness :statisfie
When i read my name over there with something hopeful,i feel very special.I know,i dont have to say that as im a sinner but i always feel like Allah SWT wrote that for me,He SWT knew that at that time i'll feel sad so he write that line for me using my name to console me in the best way.I cant express the bliss in words,thats just an amazing feeling.Give me lots of energy and hope :statisfie

Flame of Hope
03-29-2011, 07:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ami
find Ad Duha comfortining particulary verses 7&8
And He found thee wandering, and He gave thee guidance. (7)
And He found thee in need, and made thee independent. (8)
Not just comforting, they make me cry, thinking about how vast is Allah's mercy and how He guided a poor fool like me. :'(

Ami
03-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Aw don't call yourself a fool sister :)

Ramadhan
03-29-2011, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Strange it opened there I had just been discussing the Trinity and use of the Name Allaah(swt) on a few threads. For me this was the best thing I could have read at this moment. Coincidence? If you believe in coincidences. I believe Allaah(swt) is the best of planners and all things no matter how small happen for a purpose.

Subhanallah!, this also happens to me often.
And actually I also experienced almost same thing last night, after I read in this forum in the comparative religion section that a few christians were challenging me to a "debate", I was reciting two pages of al Kahfi (verses 46-61), and lo!
guess what was written in the verse 52:

And [warn of] the Day when He will say, "Call 'My partners' whom you claimed," and they will invoke them, but they will not respond to them. And We will put between them [a valley of] destruction.

and I was totally struck with verse 56:

And We send not the Messengers except as giver of glad tidings and warners. But those who disbelieve, dispute with false argument, in order to refute the truth thereby. And they treat My Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), and that with which they are warned, as jest and mockery!

The part of the verse that I underlined, doesn't it perfectly describe those who challenged me to "intellectual debate"?

I was actually crying when I was reading the verse, as I was reminded again by Allah. alhamdulillaah

~ Sabr ~
05-04-2012, 12:14 PM
:salamext:

Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
[Qur’aan Chapter 39, Verse 53]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!