/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Biggest cricket match in history?

Trumble
03-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Well, one of them anyway.. they reckon more than a billion people will be watching India v. Pakistan today. Can't wait, even as an England supporter!

May fans of both India and Pakistan (and I'm sure there are many of both, here) have a great day, and may the best team win. And then lose to Sri Lanka. Only kidding guys! :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Endymion
03-30-2011, 01:24 PM
Indeed a great match.261 Runs can be an easy target for Pakistan as the pitch support Batsmen.Lets see :D

P.S.
Loose to Sri Lanka statement smells like a Sri Lankan behind :p Both teams are capable to give Sri Lanka a tough time :statisfie

tigerkhan
03-30-2011, 01:27 PM
umer gul.............such a fail balling...

GuestFellow
03-30-2011, 01:30 PM
I don't care...I'm more concerned about being unemployed. :( Besides, whoever wins, I get nothing out of it. <_< Anyway, hope ya'all enjoy watching cricket.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Endymion
03-30-2011, 01:45 PM
How about a Tea Stall during Matches :p Will give you enough money to run a small business :D

P.S.
Hey,i think you need to change your id into "Resident Fellow" :statisfie Looking at the time you spend here wont support a Guest status any more :D

Perseveranze
03-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Well, interesting to see Pakistan bowlers go into Sajda everytime they get a wicket lol. All in Allah(Swt)'s hands.

What's more important though, is that relations between Pak/India improves.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-30-2011, 02:40 PM
This is so nerve racking LOL! Eekles! Two outs already! Bah.

Ramadhan
03-30-2011, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
This is so nerve racking LOL! Eekles! Two outs already! Bah.
Thank goodness it's only one day match, not 5 days test :p

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Lol. Yea but one days are longggg hence longer periods of panic lol!

tw009
03-30-2011, 03:57 PM
This is too disappointing. :(

peace_maker
03-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Idk why everyone's fussing about this game. It's just a GAME after all. In a game, someone has to win and someone has to lose.

I know for the players, it's their career. But what about the fans? Ofcourse they need to cheer and all but, don't you think they're over-reacting?

This game is not gonna improve any relationship. This game is like a war for both the nations, no matter everyone's saying, "it's just a game", but their thoughts are not this way. Probably the Prime Ministers came to watch the game with loads of hope for their country to win and also to see the look on each others faces when they lose. (coz they can't go saying Hah!)

I didn't see any other game on TV that was given this importance, not even when Spain won the FIFA world cup for the first time.

Oops wait, I do know why this game is so special, it's coz the either nations wants to show each other who's the boss.

The dispute between the two nations never ended...

IslamicRevival
03-30-2011, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
umer gul.............such a fail balling...
..When Umar Gul smashes the winning runs for Pakistan..im sure you'll take your words back
This game is still anyones

CosmicPathos
03-30-2011, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker
Idk why everyone's fussing about this game. It's just a GAME after all. In a game, someone has to win and someone has to lose.

I know for the players, it's their career. But what about the fans? Ofcourse they need to cheer and all but, don't you think they're over-reacting?

This game is not gonna improve any relationship. This game is like a war for both the nations, no matter everyone's saying, "it's just a game", but their thoughts are not this way. Probably the Prime Ministers came to watch the game with loads of hope for their country to win and also to see the look on each others faces when they lose. (coz they can't go saying Hah!)

I didn't see any other game on TV that was given this importance, not even when Spain won the FIFA world cup for the first time.

Oops wait, I do know why this game is so special, it's coz the either nations wants to show each other who's the boss.

and they will never improve. Pakistan is a flower that grew in the blood-filled streams flowing through India. Pakistanis are well aware of this. And they will try very best to face India head on which tries to rule and manipulate the region

Haya emaan
03-30-2011, 04:37 PM
still hopeful for the result....:(

Hannah.
03-30-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm having this bad feeling about Pakistan :/ .. still hopeful though!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-30-2011, 04:41 PM

I'm not sure whether youre talking about this thread or just in general.. No such comment was made here though. Even I agree that people take it to the next level. Some kid in Pak had a heart attack after the 4th out but no one here over reacted. If youre watching a game you like, there will be a reaction.

People DO make a big deal out of matches, its not just cricket nor is it just Pakistan and India. Other countries do things that come up as scandals, so why not talk about that too? Why do people take illegal steps over a game?

Cricket is the only game I watch and I will express reactions :D

Zuzubu
03-30-2011, 04:44 PM
The match is ****, Pakistan is losing against India. Wth? They got money for losing.

peace_maker
03-30-2011, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
and they will never improve. Pakistan is a flower that grew in the blood-filled streams flowing through India. Pakistanis are well aware of this. And they will try very best to face India head on which tries to rule and manipulate the region
Agree. Their relationship will never improve.

tigerkhan
03-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Pakistan seems to lose.
thanks GOD i have no regret for it. i am amazed how ppl are praying for it, its seems that if pakistan win, it like we get janah...

tigerkhan
03-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Pakistan seems to lose.
thanks GOD i have no regret for it. i am amazed how ppl are praying for it, its seems that if pakistan win, it like we get janah...

IslamicRevival
03-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Mods Delete
Thanks

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-30-2011, 04:56 PM
I dont think we need to insult each other, subhaan'Allaah

Its a game, let it remain a game, those who have interest let them and those who do not let them, but why are we now insulting?

Lets guard our tongues, or words in that case :-\

and be happy and smile!

Zuzubu
03-30-2011, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lost Identity
NO, Its only idiots like you who think this
Absolutely pathetic the way some of you have completely gone off topic
^o)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Haya emaan
03-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Pakistan seems to lose.
you mean we shouldn't pray for our country....??? :hmm:

Zuzubu
03-30-2011, 04:58 PM
besides the match is already over, they got 1 man left, and 50 points to beat.

I wanna say congratulations to those who wasted their time like me, to watch that odd match.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-30-2011, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mun-o-salwa
you mean we shouldn't pray for our country....??? :hmm:
I think the brother means in terms of the game not in terms of the country itself.

peace_maker
03-30-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure whether youre talking about this thread or just in general.. No such comment was made here though. Even I agree that people take it to the next level. Some kid in Pak had a heart attack after the 4th out but no one here over reacted. If youre watching a game you like, there will be a reaction.

People DO make a big deal out of matches, its not just cricket nor is it just Pakistan and India. Other countries do things that come up as scandals, so why not talk about that too? Why do people take illegal steps over a game?

Cricket is the only game I watch and I will express reactions :D
No, I was talking about the game not the thread in specific.
I love soccer and tennis, but I don't over-react when the team I support loses. Just a little disappointed.

I know, you guys obviously are bigger and stronger fans than I am (to soccer).

Actually, the whole thing is about India and Pakistan. If it was Australia or any other country against the either, it wouldn't have been such a big deal. Ofcourse their will be a deal but not as big as this one.

And it's also true that India and Pakistan, for some reason, over-react at almost everything.

Zuzubu
03-30-2011, 05:02 PM
I prayed for Pakistan to win, but I knew they were going to lose, and I told everyone there would lose. I sometimes know what will happen in future.

IslamicRevival
03-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Mods Delete
Thanks

tigerkhan
03-30-2011, 05:03 PM
yes i was praying esha salat in masjid and there was loud music outside and to much hulla gulla...so pray for ur countryin that way, Allah SWT will be v.pleased with U. Allah SWt guide u.
forgive me if my words hurt u but allah knows who is idiot....we should not be that much emotional.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-30-2011, 05:03 PM
No, I was talking about the game not the thread in specific.
I love soccer and tennis, but I don't over-react when the team I support loses. Just a little disappointed.

I know, you guys obviously are bigger and stronger fans than I am (to soccer).

Actually, the whole thing is about India and Pakistan. If it was Australia or any other country against the either, it wouldn't have been such a big deal. Ofcourse their will be a deal but not as big as this one.

And it's also true that India and Pakistan, for some reason, over-react at almost everything.

People feel its a big deal because of that animosity these two countries have about each other and we feel it cause we know it. But apart from Pakistan and India, other countries do the same, some just choose to notice these two asian countries. I do agree...they react at everything lol :/ Just about.

tigerkhan
03-30-2011, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by
you mean we shouldn't pray for our country....???
i never say such nor i mean that. but have u listen to news...36 ppl got wounded in firing when paksitani players shot 4 and 6...
OMG it so annoying. ppl are just going crazy. what to say of public, pujab PM announced 1 Muraba land for every player. no1 is here to ask whether the poor ppl who dont have to eat for 3 times deserve this or our team...

Ghazalah
03-30-2011, 05:11 PM
India seem like they're going to win, Misbah is going good but he should have been doing that before. I'm only supporting Pakistan cuz my best friend is Indian :p
But I don't see India beating Sri Lanka.

Haya emaan
03-30-2011, 05:13 PM
i never say such nor i mean that. but have u listen to news...36 ppl got wounded in firing when paksitani players shot 4 and 6...
i agree wid that we dont know the ethics of celebrating ....

tigerkhan
03-30-2011, 05:14 PM
India Win the match

tw009
03-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Game over.

still, Dil dil Pakistan Jaan jaan Pakistan! :p

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Lol we lost! Boo. An inexperienced team made it to the end of the semi finals. They deserve some credit still. Khayr!

tigerkhan
03-30-2011, 05:18 PM

;1425012
i agree wid that we dont know the ethics of celebrating ....
u know sometime our behavior is so much pathetic esp in such situations and we Asian are also hot blood. we forgot our limits both in happiness and tragedy.

Hannah.
03-30-2011, 05:18 PM
Oh well.. theres still hope in 4 years time. :P

Haya emaan
03-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Pakistan lost..... its hurts a lot.. but still this is not the end... :) dont worry we will get lot more good chances ahead... INSHALLAH!!

smile
03-30-2011, 05:19 PM
INDIA WON YAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chakde india

tigerkhan
03-30-2011, 05:20 PM

;1425017
Lol we lost! Boo. An inexperienced team made it to the end of the semi finals. They deserve some credit still. Khayr!
Afridi made a big mistake by giving overs to omer gul insted of abdurazaq. anyway its a good match. atleast not one sided (like with West Indies)and i am happy that our team compete good upto last ball.

Haya emaan
03-30-2011, 05:23 PM
m wondering what about all that money spent in the preparations for celebrating the expected victory^o)

Haya emaan
03-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Afridi made a big mistake by giving overs to omer gul insted of abdurazaq.
it looks so funny discussing the right and wrongs of the game when it is over... all was just a matter of luck...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Afridi made a big mistake by giving overs to omer gul insted of abdurazaq. anyway its a good match. atleast not one sided (like with West Indies)and i am happy that our team compete good upto last ball.

Omar gul had been playing fine until today lol. That stinks really. The Pakistani team has been put down so much lately and plus being inexperienced, they still made it this far. Kudos to the team for playing well thus far!

Perseveranze
03-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Oh well, way more important things in life than a Cricket game =)

Always next time. Feel sorry for the people who travelled there though. And I am going Pak in a few weeks, should be interesting.

tigerkhan
03-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Omar gul had been playing fine until today lol. That stinks really.
i think Afridi was also thinking such that maybe now he show performance, so he keeps on giving balling to omer gul....LOL ...but this testing was much expensive....!!!!!!!

Zuzubu
03-30-2011, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
Oh well, way more important things in life than a Cricket game =)

Always next time. Feel sorry for the people who travelled there though. And I am going Pak in a few weeks, should be interesting.
May Allah protect you.

I also fell of many mountains in that place... Full of theives and corrupty.

Abdul-Raouf
03-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Pak has never beaten us in a WC match....
the record continues...:)

For the first time Its All Asian Encounter in a WC final.....hope India wins.

Revert 2010
03-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Salaam, I tipped Sri Lanka to win the tournament from the start just had a feeling they may do it.

tw009
03-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Sri Lanka just got millions of more fans now :p

Haya emaan
03-30-2011, 06:04 PM
best ov luck srilanka..... :D

Ghazalah
03-30-2011, 06:24 PM
With my little knowledge on Cricket I honestly thought Sri Lanka were like a side team. Guess I was wrong, I'd be deeply disappointed if India won though. <_<

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Lol i want sri lanka to win over india :hiding:

gladTidings
03-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Its all about Sri Lanka now..... Game on.

'Aleena
03-31-2011, 10:33 AM
:sl:

Finally, a host team is going to win the cup :D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Yaye India won!

Ramadhan
03-31-2011, 12:57 PM
Australia is still the top cricket nation?
That's nice. When I was still living in Australia when Ricky Ponting and Shane Warne were playing, they won most matches, one day and test matches. So it was good feeling when you support a team that kept winning lol

btw, is Sachin Tendulkar still playing?
He was reallyyyyy good.

Ghazalah
03-31-2011, 01:02 PM
^I see I'm not the only one with limited knowledge :p

Yes Tendulkar is playing but I'm so sure he played for West Indies :mmokay:

Shane Warne was very good, even though I disliked him cuz he was too good :p

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Imagine being hit by the cricket ball on your face, wow that would be painful!

SlaveOfGod
03-31-2011, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah

Yes Tendulkar is playing but I'm so sure he played for West Indies :mmokay:
Tendulkar can't play for WI....

And YESS! India won! But these fans go crazy, one guy was offering his kidney for a ticket to the match.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-31-2011, 02:03 PM
The Indian cricket team is experienced, yet they had a score of 260-9. Pakistan's team is inexperienced, have been put down so much as of late, yet they managed to get to the end of the semi finals. Not to mention those trying so hard to get our team banned from playing...kudos to the Pakistani team.

Abdul-Raouf
03-31-2011, 04:24 PM
Hope the best team win....Hope India win.

Hope Sachin scores his hundredth century... :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-31-2011, 04:27 PM
hoping on Sri Lanka lol.

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-31-2011, 04:29 PM
sri lankaaa! sri lankaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! GO, Seize what is rightly yours!!!!!!!!

lol j/k

tw009
03-31-2011, 04:53 PM
^ Jeetega bhaye Jeetega Sri Lanka Jeetega!

:p

CosmicPathos
03-31-2011, 04:54 PM
I hope tamil tigers beat the crap out of Indian cricket team. As a Pakistani, Ill want any kaafir team to win except India. Never had an Indian best friend, and never will. inshAllah.

Afridi played well. 6 chances given to Tendulkar by Allah swt, I just cant comprehend what good Allah liked in Tendulkar, maybe his humility. Kher inshAllah. But Afridi was as humble and as religious. But I think when Pakistani team met Indian celebrities such as Shahrukh Khan and kareen kapoor and music and all that stupid dances, they should not have, I think its the punishment of that sort of behavior. I was keeping an eye on Afridi, he did not shake hands with any female bollywood actresses nor looked at them. But still ...

wahab riaz can be the next deadly bowler to emerge from Pakistan. Waseem akram should coach him and make him a fine destroyer. He should increase his pace, control length and master reverse swing.
wsalam

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-31-2011, 04:59 PM
What difference will it make if a country wins the world cup? Will the people stop dying in that country? Will the sun be little harsh on that particular soil? Will every poor in that country even get a free meal for just ONE time? Will there will be no trial or tribulation? Can the population ever live in harmony?

tw009
03-31-2011, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Australia is still the top cricket nation?
That's nice. When I was still living in Australia when Ricky Ponting and Shane Warne were playing, they won most matches, one day and test matches. So it was good feeling when you support a team that kept winning lol
Yeap Australia is an amazing team but Pakistan was the first team to break their unbeaten record. The first ones to beat Australia after 11 years in WC history. :D

CosmicPathos
03-31-2011, 05:05 PM
Why are you expecting harmony in this dunya? Why are you expecting that death will disappear from this universe? People will continue to die, whether rich or poor. We will continue to get old and enter our graves. Conflicts are actually what make us humans. Differences. Khayalaat ka tazaad. Yes I am a bit fatalistic and nihilistic pacifist but that is the reality.

But yes, we should strive to feed the poor and save their lives regardless of religion or race. But Allah gives rizq. A poor-person will get what Allah willed for him/her whether we feed them or nor. Yes its great to talk about saving poor man's life but A poor person will die eventually, no matter how much you strive to save his life. Ever wonder about these contradictions of our existence and our life?

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-31-2011, 05:14 PM
Why are you expecting harmony in this dunya? Why are you expecting that death will disappear from this universe? People will continue to die, whether rich or poor. We will continue to get old and enter our graves. Conflicts are actually what make us humans. Differences. Khayalaat ka tazaad. Yes I am a bit fatalistic and nihilistic pacifist but that is the reality.

But yes, we should strive to feed the poor and save their lives regardless of religion or race.
Because I have 'seen' people die brutal deaths, many innocent girls raped and amputated, people burnt alive. I am not expecting the death to disappear from this world, as a sane person such expectation could lead me to the nearest psychiatrist. The reason I posted such questions was just because people are so excited about the country winning the WC. I have never seen such craze before...this is because i am working at a new place and people there are acting so weird over the WC

I am trying to be idealistic now...

CosmicPathos
03-31-2011, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid

Because I have 'seen' people die brutal deaths, many innocent girls raped and amputated, people burnt alive. I am not expecting the death to disappear from this world, as a sane person such expectation could lead me to the nearest psychiatrist. The reason I posted such questions was just because people are so excited about the country winning the WC. I have never seen such craze before...this is because i am working at a new place and people there are acting so weird over the WC

I am trying to be idealistic now...
I agree with you. Most people are usually shallow. Most people usually do not think and if most people do think then they do not think rationally and deeply.

There are two types of people who feel happy when their country wins. One are the idiotic cattle you are talking about who are always happy and smiling and never giving an ounce about the human suffering, about human condition, and about human mortality. Not thjat I have done great tasks to eliminate poverty but I at least have made myself aware of such realities of life and have started seeing things through the all pervasive lens of human suffering and living my life reflecting that.

The other type do feel happy at whatever Allah blesses them and somewhat express it but do keep the overall darkened and haunting picture of this universe and human existence in their minds and dont get deviated with happinesse and jolliness.

It is good to be an realistic idealist.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-31-2011, 06:13 PM
there should be an option "I want noone to win!"

coz i want nobody to win!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-31-2011, 07:34 PM
Lol haha true :P

Btw someone said Pakistan never beat India in the world cup. That is completely false. We won the world cup I believe in 92 when imran khan was playing. Considering the fact that Pakistani team had no experience with other teams for 2 yrs and barred from having matches in their own country, India played crappy against Pakistan. 260-9 was nothing. Unfortunately the PAkistani team played poorly...

GuestFellow
03-31-2011, 07:53 PM
^ Salaam,

LOL You didn't win anything. :p:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-31-2011, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
^ Salaam,

LOL You didn't win anything. :p:

whats your problem dude. I'm not laughing at you or anyone, why are you. Dont get personal.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-31-2011, 08:19 PM
^lol sis i think he meant it as a joke :-\ like pakistan not winning :-\

GuestFellow
03-31-2011, 08:23 PM
^ Sports bring out the violent side of people. O_O

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-31-2011, 08:26 PM
I already understood it.

Astaghfirullah, I am not being violent.

I'm stating facts that people need to get straight...I dont see a reason for a joke there. I don't see where I cracked a joke anywhere.

CosmicPathos
03-31-2011, 09:55 PM
what if we started joking when ppl die? or when ppl fail the exam?

GuestFellow
03-31-2011, 10:05 PM
^ I don't think anyone would joke about that....

I just found it funny when supporters say "we won" when they actually never participated in the actual sport. :p: Though I didn't meant to upset anyone.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-31-2011, 10:31 PM
^^So put it like that. Helps to be clear :/

A little late but thanks for explaining. Im sure you didnt mean to.

In case I have, forgive me inshaAllaah...

Cabdullahi
03-31-2011, 10:53 PM
My west indian brothers...i wanted them to win

Abdul-Raouf
04-01-2011, 02:03 AM
I hope tamil tigers beat the crap out of Indian cricket team. As a Pakistani, Ill want any kaafir team to win except India. Never had an Indian best friend, and never will. inshAllah.

WHAT ???? .....I am a tamilian.. Sri Lanka Govt. is anti-tamil.

The Sri Lankan team is not a tamilian team...its Singhalese...I will never support that Sri Lanka.

Murali is the only tamil hero...let him play and take some wickets.

Cricket in Sri Lanka is a wholly Sinhala sports

• There are no functioning cricket clubs in any Tamil area
• Tamil Union Sports Club in Colombo founded over 65 year ago is now a Sinhala dominated club with only Muralidaran as a Tamil player
• No Tamil schools, even outside the conflict areas were promoted and encouraged to play cricket
• P. Saravanamuttu, the Chanmugams, were all during the period of “Ceylon” and after the country became “Sri Lanka” in 1972, Muralidaran and Russel Arnold are the only names to mention.
• Arnold too was never considered a Tamil, coming from a very respectable, Catholic School in Colombo and being more a member of the urban, English speaking middle class than Tamil.
• Even Muslim players are now far in between, with Mubarak and Mahroof being the only players, again coming from very influential Colombo Sinhala schools. In fact Mubarak comes from mixed Sinhala parenthood in the elite Colombo circle.
• No Muslim school is now playing serious cricket. Not even the famous Colombo Zahira College that was long time ago, a very popular sports playing school.

http://www.tamildaily.net/2011/01/02...-cricket-2011/

Abdul-Raouf
04-01-2011, 02:27 AM
Lol haha true :P

Btw someone said Pakistan never beat India in the world cup. That is completely false.
We won the world cup I believe in 92 when imran khan was playing.
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
Pak has never beaten us in a WC match....
the record continues...:)

For the first time Its All Asian Encounter in a WC final.....hope India wins.

Nope

Pak won the 92 Cup..but it lost to India in that tournament.
1992 Benson and Hedges World Cup: Pakistan were out for 173 runs in reply to India's 216 I believe.

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-01-2011, 03:22 AM
^ Sports bring out the violent side of people. O_O
...I agree and I hate this.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-01-2011, 03:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf

Nope

Pak won the 92 Cup..but it lost to India in that tournament.
1992 Benson and Hedges World Cup: Pakistan were out for 173 runs in reply to India's 216 I believe.

yea ure right lol! I'm thinking about the regular matches. Thanks for the correction.

Beardo
04-01-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm glad India won. Why? Because if a caucasian asks where I'm from, I usually say India - not Bangladesh, where I'm originally from Saves a lot of explanation. "No, Bangladesh is not an Island in the Pacific..."

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-01-2011, 04:20 PM
^ No wonder why they say 'I as in India'

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Dil Dil Pakistan...lol!

Beardo
04-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Sonar Bangla! ... *cricket chirps*

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-01-2011, 07:55 PM
^^ Loool ahaha =D

SlaveOfGod
04-02-2011, 12:25 AM

I don't really mind about the India Vs Sri Lanka match, I wanted India to beat Pakistan to silence my Pakistani friends :)

Insecured soul
04-02-2011, 01:05 AM
since i started working i never liked cricket :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-02-2011, 01:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SlaveOfGod

I don't really mind about the India Vs Sri Lanka match, I wanted India to beat Pakistan to silence my Pakistani friends :)

Sounds harsh lol. Im guessing they said stuff?

I hope Sri Lanka wins to silence the gutsy hindus :/

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-02-2011, 02:13 AM
I can smell nationalism here....:(

CosmicPathos
04-02-2011, 04:52 AM
well it was Muslim (Pakistanis) vs Hindus-in-the-team (Indians), so not really nationalism, more like supporting Islamic/Muslim team to win.

Khayr.

tigerkhan
04-02-2011, 05:58 AM
LOL
thanks, it going funny.
well it was Muslim (Pakistanis) vs Hindus-in-the-team (Indians), so not really nationalism, more like supporting Islamic/Muslim team to win
now in final we have Zaheer Khan in indian team and i think in srilankan team we have no muslim...!!!

'Aleena
04-02-2011, 11:10 AM
now in final we have Zaheer Khan in indian team

and Munaf Patel...

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-02-2011, 11:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by k.aleena
Munaf Patel
Is he a muislim? :O I didn't know that!

Innocent Soul
04-02-2011, 11:42 AM
well it was Muslim (Pakistanis) vs Hindus-in-the-team (Indians), so not really nationalism, more like supporting Islamic/Muslim team to win
I disagree :mmokay:. India even have muslims in it. You cannot point Indian team as Hindus-in-the-team. :ermm:

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-02-2011, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
You cannot point Indian team as Hindus-in-the-team.
Then what are they...'Cannibals in the team'? lol

'Aleena
04-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Is he a muislim? :O I didn't know that!

Happy realization!!!

GuestFellow
04-02-2011, 11:57 AM
I can smell nationalism here....:(
Salaam,

Yeah I smell it in the real world and it stinks. Pakistani nationalism gets on my nerves...especially when they start waving the flag, like some British people do. <_< I'm against nationalism but I don't mind people being nationalistic until it gets extreme and annoying.

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Most probably India is going to win this world cup.

Salahudeen
04-02-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm actually glad they lost, the Pakistani's here cause disruption and chaos to local services whenever Pakistan win a big match. Last time they won the 20 20 cup, the bus services were grinded to a halt, ambulances couldn't get through the crowd of Pakistani's blocking the road.

They were even gathering around random cars and shaking them by pushing them from either side and the people in the cars were getting terrified. And they were driving around waving Pakistani flags and honking their car horns at random girls and shouting stuff to them.

My pakistani m8s in uni went out to celebrate by going clubbing and getting drunk. I'm grateful Allah prevented all of that by not letting them win alhamdulilah.

Mr.President
04-02-2011, 01:24 PM
I also watched the WC bt wt I see is these matches divides people it doesn't unite
some ppl mock each other braggin abt their country is best and @ last
only the players are gonna get befits

not us for us nothing !!!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-02-2011, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
I'm actually glad they lost, the Pakistani's here cause disruption and chaos to local services whenever Pakistan win a big match. Last time they won the 20 20 cup, the bus services were grinded to a halt, ambulances couldn't get through the crowd of Pakistani's blocking the road.

They were even gathering around random cars and shaking them by pushing them from either side and the people in the cars were getting terrified. And they were driving around waving Pakistani flags and honking their car horns at random girls and shouting stuff to them.

My pakistani m8s in uni went out to celebrate by going clubbing and getting drunk. I'm grateful Allah prevented all of that by not letting them win alhamdulilah.

What does that have to do with anything? Don't pin their nonsense on the game and against Pakistan winning or losing. Maybe you're forgetting, many of us dont act like your friends or the people in your neighborhood. The game doesnt tell them go out and get drunk or harass other people. Thats their problem, something they need to sort out. They'll most likely use other things to find a reason to do stupid things. Alhamdulillaah they didnt, but Pakistan and the game should not be a scapegoat for them nor should you make such a correlation...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-02-2011, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President
I also watched the WC bt wt I see is these matches divides people it doesn't unite

Yea me too. I was never into Cricket like I watched this time. This was the first time. Seeing peoples comments against Pakistan is actually really starting to annoy the lights out of me.

Sri Lanka is an all hindu team but I'd rather they win than the Indian team. Not because theyre Indian, but because the propaganda the stupid Indian hindus do in their media against Pakistan, over every little thing they can their hands on. This is whats driving me to be against them winning.

Hope they lose!

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Silly game! sehwag is out! most probably sri lanka is going to win the WC.

Tilmeez
04-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Brothers and Sisters,

Game is on. Bad start for India. Never mind, its cricket. Just one request: Please watch the game, comment on the game, teams and players. Do share your views just make sure your post is not offensive for someone else. Thats it.

For Pakistani Fans here is a comment someone posted on Cricinfo.com :
Ammar: "There should be no review system when Aleem Dar is umpiring, Taking a review against Dar decision is just time wasting."

Salahudeen
04-02-2011, 01:48 PM

What does that have to do with anything? Don't pin their nonsense on the game and against Pakistan winning or losing. Maybe you're forgetting, many of us dont act like your friends or the people in your neighborhood. The game doesnt tell them go out and get drunk or harass other people. Thats their problem, something they need to sort out. They'll most likely use other things to find a reason to do stupid things. Alhamdulillaah they didnt, but Pakistan and the game should not be a scapegoat for them nor should you make such a correlation...
I stated reasons as to why I'm glad they didn't win and the thread is about the cricket match I was referring to, that's what it's got to do with it :hmm: why can't I pin their nonsense on the game? If Pakistan won that's what would have happened. Because they didn't win everything stayed normal here and I'm glad for that.

Nah the only time Pakistani's cause disruption here is when Pakistan win a big cricket match, they don't find other reasons to stand in the middle of the road stopping all the traffic and causing chaos as well as harrassing by standers. So you're wrong unfortunately.

tigerkhan
04-02-2011, 02:17 PM
I disagree . India even have muslims in it. You cannot point Indian team as Hindus-in-the-team.
sister that quote is from some other member, not me...
i dont know whats the pbm but when i quote some one, it dont shows that member name....y is that so?

Salahudeen
04-02-2011, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President

Yeah I understand what you mean, some people take national pride too far and have their priorities mixed up. On the bus the other day I saw an argument between a Pakistani muslim and an Indian Muslim. The Indian Muslim was talking about the match on the phone and the Pakistani Muslim got anoyed and started to argue with him. I guess some people have alot of national pride and can't stand it when a criticism is made of their nation in any way or form.

Abdul-Raouf
04-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Silly game! sehwag is out! most probably sri lanka is going to win the WC.
Ya..Silly Game..but many are tracking - more than a billion...around the world :)

Most probably India will win :)

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-02-2011, 04:21 PM
^ Will I get one more day off if india wins...? :p

CosmicPathos
04-02-2011, 04:34 PM

what an irrational drivel. you dont do justice to the famous person of your name.

CosmicPathos
04-02-2011, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Salaam,

Yeah I smell it in the real world and it stinks. Pakistani nationalism gets on my nerves...especially when they start waving the flag, like some British people do. <_< I'm against nationalism but I don't mind people being nationalistic until it gets extreme and annoying.
yes, flag of a Muslim nation.

now if you cant do that with Indian flag (since its a Hindu country), dont get jealous at least! Your ancestors had opportunity to migrate in 1947!

CosmicPathos
04-02-2011, 04:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1

I disagree :mmokay:. India even have muslims in it. You cannot point Indian team as Hindus-in-the-team. :ermm:
well too bad they decided to represent a nation that wants democracy, secularism and personally follow Hinduism.

There were 2 non-Muslims in Pakistani cricket team as well needless to say. Yusuf Yuhanna and Danish Kaneria (Hindu). Yusuf Yuhanna accepted Islam and now is Mohammad Yusuf. Danish Kaneria is not in team anymore

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-02-2011, 04:46 PM
it's good to know that majority of the people voted on this pool are not bothered about the WC.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-02-2011, 05:05 PM
I stated reasons as to why I'm glad they didn't win and the thread is about the cricket match I was referring to, that's what it's got to do with it :hmm: why can't I pin their nonsense on the game? If Pakistan won that's what would have happened. Because they didn't win everything stayed normal here and I'm glad for that.

Nah the only time Pakistani's cause disruption here is when Pakistan win a big cricket match, they don't find other reasons to stand in the middle of the road stopping all the traffic and causing chaos as well as harrassing by standers. So you're wrong unfortunately.
Yes you stated reasons, for which I responded to. Don't go blaming the game for the nonsense of your friends and the psychos in your area. Simple as that. If you try to justify this, then you aught to analyze yourself. No one is telling them they should act like vandals towards others and the community as a whole. You are completely wrong do so and thats a fact.

I was referring to your friends when I said that they'll find other reasons to do the things they do, so no you're wrong unfortunately.
And by that, we should probably lose every future game because of your friends and those people, right? It is utterly ridiculous that you think our team should lose because your friends and those "Pakistanis" in your area are unable to conduct themselves.

Its wrong of you to calumniate the entire sport because of misconduct of people around you. What's worse is that the thought of Pakistan's opponent, India in this case, rejoiced over the victory and did all the things you mentioned in any corner of the world. Though the degree may be varied.

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-02-2011, 05:20 PM
India win the WC after 28 years.

Revert 2010
04-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Salaam, congratulations India on a great final : ).

Abdul-Raouf
04-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Fantastic match ... :)

Indian Cricket Team
:bravo::rock::awesome:

moonseo
04-02-2011, 06:59 PM
India has beaten Sri Lanka by six wickets to win the 2011 Cricket World Cup.
but we are so sad because india is win we was not want that india is win this match because we prefer sirlanka between india. imsad

Hannah.
04-02-2011, 07:01 PM
So India won.
I'm sorta happy 'cause my ancestors are from India.. so that makes me partially Indian.. :D

Reflections
04-02-2011, 09:09 PM
I thought they won after 22 years? Last was in '89?

Salahudeen
04-02-2011, 09:44 PM

Yes you stated reasons, for which I responded to. Don't go blaming the game for the nonsense of your friends and the psychos in your area. Simple as that. If you try to justify this, then you aught to analyze yourself. No one is telling them they should act like vandals towards others and the community as a whole. You are completely wrong do so and thats a fact.

I was referring to your friends when I said that they'll find other reasons to do the things they do, so no you're wrong unfortunately.
And by that, we should probably lose every future game because of your friends and those people, right? It is utterly ridiculous that you think our team should lose because your friends and those "Pakistanis" in your area are unable to conduct themselves.

Its wrong of you to calumniate the entire sport because of misconduct of people around you. What's worse is that the thought of Pakistan's opponent, India in this case, rejoiced over the victory and did all the things you mentioned in any corner of the world. Though the degree may be varied.
I'm sensing I hurt your national pride by explaining why I didn't want Pakistan to win :embarrass If you don't like my reasons tough, my life is alot easier when Pakistan don't win :D so I'm reallyyy glad they lost. I don't see how I blamed the game though :hmm: all I said was when Pakistan win it causes disruption here so I was glad they lost. What is your problem with that? You can't expect me to be happy that they win when it causes disruption for me lol. Not every future game, just the big 1s ;D untill they learn how to celebrate without disrupting others. How am I calumnating the entire sport by not wanting Pakistan to win? :hmm:

Maybe they did do that I don't really know, how do you know they done that? Never noticed them causing a disruption here :hmm:

Salahudeen
04-02-2011, 09:49 PM
well too bad they decided to represent a nation that wants democracy, secularism and personally follow Hinduism.

There were 2 non-Muslims in Pakistani cricket team as well needless to say. Yusuf Yuhanna and Danish Kaneria (Hindu). Yusuf Yuhanna accepted Islam and now is Mohammad Yusuf. Danish Kaneria is not in team anymore
what irrational drivel. you do justice to your name :D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Once again

Yaye India won..

ps. i support nobody : D, just saying it for the fun of it, i didnt even kno who won untill saw this geeky thread :-\

peace

Ghazalah
04-02-2011, 09:52 PM
imsad Sri Lanka so deserved it more than India!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-02-2011, 09:55 PM
I'm sensing I hurt your national pride by explaining why I didn't want Pakistan to win :embarrass If you don't like my reasons tough, my life is alot easier when Pakistan don't win :D so I'm reallyyy glad they lost

How dare you imply I have pride. You dont know squat about me to come to those conclusions. How your friends or your neighbors behave have nothing to do with the game. They act like vandals, thats their problem. End of story. Be a man and speak up about it instead of taking the easy way out and blaming their mess over a game. Your personal attacks gives me an insight to your mentality.

May Allaah forgive you.

Salahudeen
04-02-2011, 10:03 PM

How dare you imply I have pride. You dont know squat about me to come to those conclusions. You are arrogant for saying that. How your friends or your neighbors behave have nothing to do with the game. They act like vandals, thats their problem. End of story. Be a man and speak up about it instead of taking the easy way out and blaming their mess over a game. Pathetic.

May Allaah forgive you.

oh sorry, thats the feeling I got from you. You just done the same thing by calling me arrogant. You don't know squat about me to come to that conclusion and I'm not sure "arrogant" is the right word since I don't look down upon anyone or think myself better :) lol I said I was glad they didn't win because it causes disruptions to my life and many of the people around me so it does have something to do with the game. Let me break it down for you, Pakistan win = big disruptions, Pakistan don't win = No disruptions. That's how the game affects me whether you like it or not. It may not affect you in the same way but that's how it affects me.

When I say the game I'm referring to this particular game not every game of cricket incase thats what you're thinking.

GuestFellow
04-02-2011, 10:09 PM
yes, flag of a Muslim nation.
Salaam,

Oh I think the Pakistan flag looks very nice. Even the Saudi Arabia flag looks nice. I just don't like people waving it about and behaving all patriotic/nationalistic lol. Any flag really.

now if you cant do that with Indian flag (since its a Hindu country), dont get jealous at least!
You got me confused. I'm not jealous of anything. o_O

Your ancestors had opportunity to migrate in 1947!
Yeah my grandpa from Pakistan told me something about that.

Is it not interesting the state of Pakistan was created in 1947 and the state of Israel was created in 1948? o_o

format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм

ps. i support nobody : D, just saying it for the fun of it, i didnt even kno who won untill saw this geeky thread
I come from a Pakistani family and everyone was watching the match...except me. :p: I didn't care who won either.

Is geeky your catch phrase?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-02-2011, 10:15 PM
oh sorry, thats the feeling I got from you. You just done the same thing by calling me arrogant. You don't know squat about me to come to that conclusion and I'm not sure "arrogant" is the right word since I don't look down upon anyone or think myself better :) lol I said I was glad they didn't win because it causes disruptions to my life and many of the people around me so it does have something to do with the game. Let me break it down for you, Pakistan win = big disruptions, Pakistan don't win = No disruptions. That's how the game affects me whether you like it or not. It may not affect you in the same way but that's how it affects me.

I said that out of anger, but at least I had the heart to change it. I changed it cause I felt as a Muslim that is wrong. I was angered because accusing a muslim of national pride implies attack on his emaan as we dont associate ourself with the nation, however, with the laws of Allah. So I take it as an attack on my emaan. I am sorry for calling u arrogant, that was not right, but do not accuse me of something I'm not.

My issue is not with Pakistan winning or losing but that fact that you think its OK to blame the game because someone acts out of line. Allaah knows how many people do this and I know of fellow Muslims living in India who have to deal with the same things you mentioned. It happens here where I live too and I hate dealing with it but am I going to blame the game cause they cant conduct themselves? Of course not.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!