/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do Muslim women cover them selfs up?

User29123
03-30-2011, 03:58 PM
:salaam:

Like the title says guys, why? What are the reasons?

Thanks
Asim

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ami
03-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Because Allah wants that.

A muslim friend once told me this to understand why women cover themselves.

You have 2 chocolate sweets.
One is wrapped on the table.
The other is unwrapped on the floor.

Which one do you choose? I thought this was a nice way of explaining it.

Zafran
03-31-2011, 08:17 PM
salaam

The same reason why men do

Modesty, protection from the weather etc etc

peace

Innocent Soul
04-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Bro maybe you will find the answer here

http://www.islamfortoday.com/syed01.htm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
selsebil
04-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Assalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

The Qur’an compassionately commands women to wear the veil of modesty so that they will be treated with respect and those mines of compassion will not be trodden under the feet of low desires, nor be like worthless goods for the excitement of lust. Civilization, however, has drawn women out of their homes, rent their veils, and corrupted mankind. For family life continues through the mutual love and respect of man and wife. But immodest dress has destroyed sincere respect and affection, and has poisoned family life. While worship of the human form in particular has shaken morality in appalling fashion, causing the abasement of man’s spirit.

Woodrow
04-01-2011, 09:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asim123
:salaam:

Like the title says guys, why? What are the reasons?

Thanks
Asim
In it's simplicity I like this reply that was given.

format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
salaam

The same reason why men do

Modesty, protection from the weather etc etc

peace
Now if a fire fighter is going to enter a burning building does it not make sense that for the occasion he is going to dress like this:

Think in terms of our clothing for both men and women as being fire protection. Not in terms of physical combustion but of the fire of fitnah. If you can protect your self in this world, isn't it a wise choice to do so? While clothing seems to have become a fashion statement, remember all clothing has a major function of being to protect. Why not wear that which will protect you?

User29123
04-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the replies, one more thing, can a women wear whatever she like's underneath a veil, (like jeans trousers etc) Because the main thing is covering up right? So would it matter what she wore underneath the veil?

Thanks

Ali Mujahidin
04-11-2011, 08:04 AM
:sl:

How about looking at it this way:

Let's say, you have a precious rose plant. You wouldn't put it by the roadside, would you? By the roadside, your precious rose plant would be dirtied by the dust of the passing cars. And there's always a chance that some irresponsible person might just pluck it. Or a passing cow might eat it. Or worse yet, a dog might piss on it.

So, you would keep your precious rose inside a walled garden, wouldn't you? So that only the right persons can appreciate its beauty.

Women, in Islam, are definitely more precious than any rose plant. They are our mothers, aunts and sisters. They are the bearers and nurturers of the next generation of Muslims. They are given a task which no men, however strong or clever, can handle. After all, despite the advances of science and technology, it is still women who bear children and suckle them, not men.

So it is the duty of the men to protect the women. Clothing that covers the aurat is just part of the hijab which is used to protect the women.

What a woman wears under the veil is not something I can see. However, it would be kind of weird for a practicing Muslim woman to wear, say, a thong under her veil. It just doesn't feel right but that my personal biased opinion.

WaLLahu aklam.

User29123
04-11-2011, 08:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ThisOldMan
:sl:

How about looking at it this way:

Let's say, you have a precious rose plant. You wouldn't put it by the roadside, would you? By the roadside, your precious rose plant would be dirtied by the dust of the passing cars. And there's always a chance that some irresponsible person might just pluck it. Or a passing cow might eat it. Or worse yet, a dog might piss on it.

So, you would keep your precious rose inside a walled garden, wouldn't you? So that only the right persons can appreciate its beauty.

Women, in Islam, are definitely more precious than any rose plant. They are our mothers, aunts and sisters. They are the bearers and nurturers of the next generation of Muslims. They are given a task which no men, however strong or clever, can handle. After all, despite the advances of science and technology, it is still women who bear children and suckle them, not men.

So it is the duty of the men to protect the women. Clothing that covers the aurat is just part of the hijab which is used to protect the women.

What a woman wears under the veil is not something I can see. However, it would be kind of weird for a practicing Muslim woman to wear, say, a thong under her veil. It just doesn't feel right but that my personal biased opinion.

WaLLahu aklam.

Well the reason I asked that was some time ago I was watching the news and the reporter said "A women was whipped in Sudan today under sharia law for wearing trousers" But the thing is she was still fully covered head to toe, that's why I am sure the news was a load of it.........and as far I heard it is OK to wear trousers for women underneath full veil.

Ramadhan
04-12-2011, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asim123
Well the reason I asked that was some time ago I was watching the news and the reporter said "A women was whipped in Sudan today under sharia law for wearing trousers" But the thing is she was still fully covered head to toe, that's why I am sure the news was a load of it.........and as far I heard it is OK to wear trousers for women underneath full veil.
How did people can see what she was wearing if she wore niqab/full veil?

Id like to hear more details to the story.

User29123
04-12-2011, 04:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

How did people can see what she was wearing if she wore niqab/full veil?

Id like to hear more details to the story.

That's what I was thinking, I bet some media bull, plus even if the women was wearing trousers she was still fully covered the cops were _____ anyway I found the video

/watch?v=1uqlExHvO5Y (<< Some of you might get upset !! )

Thats a Youtube link obviously.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!