/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Glad to find this board

Cala
03-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Hello everyone,

I have been looking for Islamic sources and came upon this forum. I joined so that I could read and comment, as well as getting answers to any questions that might come up.

I'm very familiar with the Bible - which I like very much, but am dismayed and enlightened at how it is misused and not at all understood by those who claim it as a god. I want to learn about Islam, and am reading a Qur'an translation, but I also plan to learn Arabic so that I can read the authentic Qur'an. What strikes me most at this point, when I know very little about Islam, is the similarity to my own belief in God without associate or idolatry. That is a major point in Islam and in my thinking.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Welcome to the forum Cala

Hope you enjoy your stay here and benefit yourself

You have come to a great place to learn about Islaam!

Perseveranze
03-30-2011, 05:34 PM
Peace Cala,

Welcome to the forums, your situation is interesting. I would recommend you read the revert stories thread about people in similar situations as you. But, at the end of the day, do and believe what you feel is right in your heart. The fundemental differences from Christianity to Islam -

- One God, without any partners. Only One King resides and looks over the heavens and the Earths.
- Jesus(pbuh) a Messenger of God.
- Muhammad(pbuh) a Messenger of God.
- Every soul is held accountable for their own actions.

Now compare that with...

- Trinity, which pretty much no one understands. Is there 3 Gods or 1 God, so confusing.
- Jesus(pbuh), despite his Human life and actions, worshiped and believed to be God Himself or Son of God.
- Muhammad(pbuh) a satan? (Wouldn't believe how many Christians actually use that arguement lol).
- You can only be saved if you believe that Jesus(pbuh) died for YOUR Sins.

That's all I have to say.

tigerkhan
03-30-2011, 05:40 PM
welcom to the forum sister, hope ur stay will be beneficial.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Little_Lion
03-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Salaam aleikum, Cala! Sounds a lot like me before I reverted . . . reading the Qur'an and thinking that it was amazing how close it was to what you believed all along. May I ask what translation you're reading?

If I may make a fun recommendation for you that helped me a lot in filling in some of the gaps between Biblical and Qur'anic viewpoints, you may wish to look up a TV series called "Stories of the Prophets with Yusuf Estes". It's made for children, but he is a great narrator and as he used to be an evangelist preacher, he seems to take great care in explaining the "whys" things are such a way in Islam. I learned a lot from it when I first started my research. :)

truthseeker63
04-08-2011, 01:39 AM
Hello and Welcome ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!