/* */

PDA

View Full Version : sadaqatul jariyah

mammyluty
03-31-2011, 06:19 PM
asalam alaikum

can anyone list any examples of sadaqatul jariyah.....i can only think of few like building of a mosque,raising an orphan and building an orphanage.are there others?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
03-31-2011, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mammyluty
asalam alaikum

can anyone list any examples of sadaqatul jariyah.....i can only think of few like building of a mosque,raising an orphan and building an orphanage.are there others?
The number/types of sadaqah jariyah is endless!

Basically, all acts of goodness is sadaqa, and sadaqa jariyah means acts of goodness whose benefits last and outlive you.

On the authority of hudhaifa radiallah taala anhu and abu shaiba radiallah taala anhu , that rasulallah salellahualaihiwasalam has said : Every act of goodness is sadqa. [Number 2197 ]

For example: you teach someone qur'an, and everytime they read qur'an, you will get hasanat, even if you're dead already. And if your student teaches qur'an to another person, and everytime this other person read qur'an, you still will get hasanat from his recitation, even if you're dead for a long time already, etc. to the end of the world.

Or you plant a tree. Everytime the tree is used for people or animals for shades or fruits to eat etc, you will get hasanat, even if you're dead.

Or you helped donating to build a school. everytime the students use the knowledge they receive from the school, you get hasanat, even if you're dead.

etc.

yas2010
03-31-2011, 07:29 PM
Salaam Sister

I think brother nadimar has summarised it beautifully.
Simple acts of kindness is what its about. Like planting a tree or even building a well so that people can have access to clean water....
The beauty of Islam and giving charitably is the simplicity.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!