/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to worship God?

Flame of Hope
03-31-2011, 08:02 PM
What according to you, is the best way to worship God?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fivesolas
03-31-2011, 09:53 PM
What do you mean best way?

Little_Lion
03-31-2011, 10:04 PM
Earnestly, honestly, and with love. :)

marwen
03-31-2011, 10:26 PM
As a muslim, 2 conditions for your prayer to be accepted :
1) to be sincere : your prayer is directed to Allah (no shirk, no hypocrisy)
2) to be correct/conform to what Allah recommands (following quran + sunnah), neither more nor less.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flame of Hope
03-31-2011, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fivesolas
What do you mean best way?
Well, people worship God in different ways.

There are some who dedicate their lives to worship of God by becoming monks or nuns. Others worship God through much prayer and fasting.

People of all faiths and religions have ways to worship God. Of all those ways, which is the best, according to you?

Masriya
03-31-2011, 10:56 PM
:sl:

God has taught us many ways to worship Him, including prayer, zakat, dua'a, fasting, contemplation about God's creations, Dthikr, reading Quran, etc.
Doing your work is worship.

I think that there is no best way, but that we are worshipping God all the time; at any time we are doing one or more of the types of worship and what matters is that it should be purely for God and with humbleness.

I also think that dthikr and remembering God all the time makes a person a better worshipper. So if you remember God, you won't be lazy or forgetful about the other types of worship.

Remembering God keeps depression away from you in this world.

"But he who turneth away from remembrance of Me, his will be a narrow life, and I shall bring him blind to the assembly on the Day of Resurrection."020.124

Ummu Sufyaan
04-01-2011, 02:32 AM
As Allah and his prophet, sallahu aleyhi wa sallam have specified. nothing more, nothing less for Allah has perfected our deen...our deen which is our ticket to Jannah...

tigerkhan
04-03-2011, 06:41 AM
the best way to worship GOd is the way prophet PBUH had told us and his life is a practical model for that. if we want to please Him we had to follow prophet PBUH in all ways of life.

in urdu our ulamas used a term "nisbat-e-niyabat" for that. its mean our Zahir and Batin match with prophet PBUH. like He has grief in His heart for Umma, we should also have that pain in our heart. He PBUH has passion to sacrifice all even His life in path of Allah SWt, so we should have that passion. we have same living style, same days same night, same dressing, same purpose, same mission as Prophet PBUH had.

infact, we cant match with HIM, mean HIS salat and our, can never be with same khoushou and Khuzoo rather we cant have a single drop of that. BUT as much we try we will get closed to Allah SWT and Allah SWT include us in His Blessed ones.

Flame of Hope
04-03-2011, 07:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
the best way to worship GOd is the way prophet PBUH had told us and his life is a practical model for that. if we want to please Him we had to follow prophet PBUH in all ways of life.

in urdu our ulamas used a term "nisbat-e-niyabat" for that. its mean our Zahir and Batin match with prophet PBUH. like He has grief in His heart for Umma, we should also have that pain in our heart. He PBUH has passion to sacrifice all even His life in path of Allah SWt, so we should have that passion. we have same living style, same days same night, same dressing, same purpose, same mission as Prophet PBUH had.
I'm glad I asked the question. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen! Indeed, if only we could follow in the footsteps of our beloved Prophet (saws).

monti_smith
04-04-2011, 09:17 AM
so easy..trust on HIM, love his creature,

Tyrion
04-04-2011, 09:23 AM
This is an odd question... Obviously the best way to worship Him is the way he commanded you to worship Him.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-04-2011, 11:17 AM
^Excellent!

I was going to say the exact same!

The best way ofcourse is the way he commanded us to.

Flame of Hope
04-04-2011, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
This is an odd question... Obviously the best way to worship Him is the way he commanded you to worship Him.
And what were those commands? For some, it may not be so obvious. I know of a person who has reduced his religion to a set of rules and regulations, performed without understanding. The spirit of Islam which is to treat people with mercy and compassion is overlooked by this man. Would you say that this is the way that God commanded us to worship Him?

Ummu Sufyaan
04-04-2011, 02:51 PM
edit...never mind.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-04-2011, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
And what were those commands? For some, it may not be so obvious. I know of a person who has reduced his religion to a set of rules and regulations, performed without understanding. The spirit of Islam which is to treat people with mercy and compassion is overlooked by this man. Would you say that this is the way that God commanded us to worship Him?
Assalaamu Alaaykum uktee

Allaah swt asked us to show mercy and compassion to those who show mercy to us and those who do not.

In the Qur'aan Allaah tells us to worship him, this is not just prosrating to him. It is also showing him by our actions by following him,it is known as Ibaadat, and there are many different forms of Ibaadat as in the end it will please Allaah and something that keeps us humans at peace with one another.

Some form of Ibadah are obeying parents, respecting one another, reciting the Qur'aan, trust in Allaah, Dhikr Allaah and many more.
The meaning of 'ibadah' in the Arabic language is obedience, submission, and humility.

The "ibadah" in Islam means: The ultimate obedience, the ultimate submission and the ultimate humility to Allah (swt) along with the ultimate love for Him.

From this definition of 'ibadah', we realize that the 'ibadah' in Islam must meet two conditions:

First: Following what Allaah (swt) has legislated and what His messenger has called for, in commands, in prohibitions, in halal and in haram. This is what represents the obedience and submission to Allaah (swt).

Second: Following what Allaah (swt) has legislated must be coming from a heart full of love to Allah, The Most High.

The concept of 'ibadah' that Allaah (swt) has created man for, and made it his purpose in life, and his mission on earth; is a comprehensive and complete concept that encompasses all aspects of man’s life.

"I did not create the Jinn and the humans but to ya'bodoon (submit to me)." [Al Qur'aan Adh-Dhaariyaat - (The Wind that Scatter)
verse 56]

Meaning submitting to him in every way possible.

sorry if i didnt make sense, i tried to put it the best way i can :-\ and if i said anything wrong correct me.

Flame of Hope
04-04-2011, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
Allaah swt asked us to show mercy and compassion to those who show mercy to us and those who do not.

In the Qur'aan Allaah tells us to worship him, this is not just prosrating to him. It is also showing him by our actions by following him,it is known as Ibaadat, and there are many different forms of Ibaadat as in the end it will please Allaah and something that keeps us humans at peace with one another.
Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen! Jazakallah khair for taking the time to answer this question, sister. You're right in saying that we must engage in ibaadat that will please Allah. I'd agree with you that seeking Allah's pleasure is the best way to worship Him.....although I might add that one has to have knowledge of what pleases God and what doesn't in order to worship Him in the best way.

AmineH
04-06-2011, 08:45 AM
salaam:D

امام موسی کاظم علیه السلام:
أفضَلُ العِبادَةِ بَعدِ المَعرِفَةِ* إِنتِظارُ* الفَرَجِ؛

Emam Kazem said :
know God and to wait for arriving Emam Mahdi is the best way to worship .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!