PDA

View Full Version : Love is life



tigerkhan
04-02-2011, 06:08 AM
:sl:
bro and sisters, plz share ur comments. do u agree with this or not ? reason ?
or the question can be changed as would u prefer spiritualism or materialism ?

i personally agree, bcz i think many people even do suicide, although they have every material thing in life but no love no spiritualism. this love can be with Allah SWT, Prophet PBUH, family, friends, spouse etc. So i personally blv love is most imp thing in life.

what do u think. Please share ur views.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PouringRain
04-02-2011, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by tigerkhan
:sl:
bro and sisters, plz share ur comments. do u agree with this or not ? reason ?
or the question can be changed as would u prefer spiritualism or materialism ?

i personally agree, bcz i think many people even do suicide, although they have every material thing in life but no love no spiritualism. this love can be with Allah SWT, Prophet PBUH, family, friends, spouse etc. So i personally blv love is most imp thing in life.

what do u think. Please share ur views.

I think it depends on how one defines love and what ones love is for.

God is the giver of life. He holds our every breath in his hand. Love for God alone can give all the life that we need, and that which we do not. Our love for others should be an expression of God's love through us.

Love is certainly the greatest and highest of qualities. Without love, our actions are for naught.


Unfortunately, the way the world defines love, it is reduced to nothing more than a fickle vanity. There is no life in that. People who love like that are a poison to those around them.

True love is selfless. It asks nothing in return.

I could say more, but I'll stop. :)
Reply

gladTidings
04-02-2011, 10:47 AM
I agree in that our sole purpose of existence is to serve our Creator. We cannot serve him without knowing Him, and we cannot know Him and not love Him. So essentially it is our love for Him that creates a need to be close to Him.

"Stay close, my heart, to the One who knows your ways" [Rumi]
Reply

Muhaba
04-02-2011, 12:34 PM
it is wrong to assume that love is life because that would then mean that if there is no love in your life, then you shouldn't live. one should make their aim of life to please Allah and work for His religion, as Allah said, و ما خلقت الجن و الإنس إلا ليعبدون. I haven't created the jinn and the humans except that they should worship Me. (I hope i wrote the verse right.) one should try to get married, have a family, have friends, etc because human beings can't live alone and need these for a healthy psychology. but all these should be tools to help us in our real aims.

the western ideaology is that one has to have love in their life, and having grown up there, that ideaology has affected me too. this ideology is what makes people lose interest in life when they don't have love, etc. & it is an incorrect ideology. i have learned over the years that the main thing to do is to live our life the way Allah wants, trying our hardest to spread His religion, but on the way , also to try to get married, have children, etc. But as long as one hasn't gotten married, to make the most of one's time, increasing one's islamic knowledge, good deeds, etc.
A kafir, having no other aim in life but a few material aims, may even commit suicide when those goals aren't fulfilled. but even when his/her material goals are fulfilled, kafirs end up feeling empty in later life, because they haven't fulfilled their duty, worshipping God and making something for the life after death.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
'Abd Al-Maajid
04-02-2011, 01:01 PM
life is life, love is love.
Reply

tigerkhan
04-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by
True love is selfless. It asks nothing in return.
exactly...but its difficult too. u have to sacrifice for the happiness of others. and thats the most hardest part.

Originally Posted by
it is wrong to assume that love is life because that would then mean that if there is no love in your life, then you shouldn't live.
u know i had never a lust for materialistic things, but by the grace of GOD i have much than other. but still that cant make me happy. i always give priority to love/spiritualism in my life but today even i pray, try to avoid sins, but i think i have no life...!!! bcz i have no love. i pray with dead heart and blv all the things have no taste for me. i wish i had some love in life.
Reply

tigerkhan
04-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by
True love is selfless. It asks nothing in return.
exactly...but its difficult too. u have to sacrifice for the happiness of others. and thats the most hardest part.

Originally Posted by
it is wrong to assume that love is life because that would then mean that if there is no love in your life, then you shouldn't live.
u know i had never a lust for materialistic things, but by the grace of GOD i have much than other. but still that cant make me happy. i always give priority to love/spiritualism in my life but today even i pray, try to avoid sins, but i think i have no life...!!! bcz i have no love. i pray with dead heart and blv all the things have no taste for me. i wish i had some love in life.
Reply

Ansariyah
04-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Love is the most beautiful thing in this world, without it theres no life.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!