/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should we favour a surah/verse?

Ami
04-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Is it bad to have a favourite surah/verse in the quran ? Did Muhammad have a favourite one?
Please use quran/hadith sources to state why/why not.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
04-02-2011, 01:18 PM
I thought the Prophet's (Sallallahu Alayhe Wasallam's favorite Surah was Surah Fath. Correct me if I am wrong.

Perseveranze
04-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Lol, I doubt you can control what you like and dislike, its a natural feeling. You might feel more at touch with one verse than the other. I don't think there's a problem with this, ofcourse all the verses are beautiful.

Aztec-Revert19
04-03-2011, 01:23 AM
I hope not... I do have a favorite verse :(
Surah Al Ikhlas. It was, the second Surah I ever read (Al Fatihah was the first). And the Surah that ultimately led me to Islam... so it is special to me :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Mufarridun
04-03-2011, 08:45 AM
:sl:

It is perfectly okay to have love for a particular surah or verse, and to recite it more often than others. Particular verses and surahs of the Qur'an have different merits than others.

Anas(ra) relates that a man said to the Holy Prophet(pbuh) "O' Messenger of Allah! I love Surah Al-Ikhlas." He(pbuh) informed him; "Verily its love will enable you to enter into Jannah." (Tirmizi)

for further information on the merits of particular surahs and verses, the following link is very beneficial and I also highly recommend you buy the complete book.

Riyad Us-Saliheen (Gardens of the Righteous) Chapter 183;
Inducement towards the Recitation of some Special verses and Surah of the Noble Qur'an

Al-Mufarridun
04-03-2011, 08:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aztec-Revert19
I hope not... I do have a favorite verse :(
Surah Al Ikhlas. It was, the second Surah I ever read (Al Fatihah was the first). And the Surah that ultimately led me to Islam... so it is special to me :(
Masha'Allah bro. Those are two beautiful Surahs of the Qur'an that have high merits. I offer you these two following Hadiths for you as a reminder and a gift;

The Greatest Surah in the Qur'an:

Abu Sa`id Ar-Rafi` bin Al-Mu`alla (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Shall I teach you the greatest Surah in the Qur'an before you leave the mosque?'' Then he (PBUH), took me by the hand, and when we were about to step out, I reminded him of his promise to teach me the greatest Surah in the Qur'an. He (PBUH) said, "It is `Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil `Alamin (i.e., Surat Al-Fatihah) which is As-Sab` Al-Mathani (i.e., the seven oft-repeated Ayat) and the Great Qur'an which is given to me.''[Al-Bukhari]

One Surah = 1/3 of the Qur'an:

Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported about Surat Al-Ikhlas (Chapter 112): The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is, it is equivalent to one-third of the Qur'an.''[Al-Bukhari]

Ami
04-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Oh thanks al-mufarridun

ayesha.ansari
04-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Our Holy Prophet use every Surat in his SALAH... up til now i also don't read some where that this specific surat is the most read able by Prophet Mohammad...Any ways i have heard some where that one sahabi friend of Holy Prophe4t always recite Surat Ikhlas after Surat Fatiha and after that any other Surat... As he Love Surat Ikhlas too much and because of his love for ALLAH.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!