/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Aztec-Revert19
04-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Salaam alykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh!

Hello everyone :) My name is Isa. I was born with the name Henry, but upon conversion I added Isa to my name (not legally, but I will asap Insha'Allah!). I am from California in the U.S.A. My hobbies include learning about Islam, animals, science (Astronomy, Biology, Physics), and writing (not stories. But little papers on information. Usually about Islam) :)

I am Aztec and Mexican. Aztec's are the Native Americans of Central Mexico (although our legends say we originally came from what is today Arizona), and Mexican is not really a race but a culture. Most Mexicans are Mestizo, both Native American and some sort of European (usually Spanish). I identify with both of these because although I am Mestizo, I was raised with Aztecah culture XD

I converted to Islam in the Ramadhan of 2009. I was studying about many religions (it is my major) and I had no plans of conversion at all. I simply wanted to learn more about religions around the world. Islam really surprised me, it was nothing like I thought it was. I knew that the media probably lied about Islam (as they lie about a LOT of things), so I knew it was not that bad. After reading several books I saw the beauty of Islam. It was really wonderful, and most of my beliefs were already in line with Islam. I really loved it, and when I met Muslims they were amazing people :) I began to read an English translation of the Holy Qur'an, and it was amazing. So unlike anything I ever read.

Well that is it in a nut shell. I hope I am welcomed here XD

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
04-02-2011, 10:08 PM
:sl: Ahki

Welcome to the Forums. I'm almost directly north of you up here in North Dakota. The Aztec culture is fantastic. Mi viver en Mexico por dos anos. Circa Ciudad La Pesca.

Aztec-Revert19
04-02-2011, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
:sl: Ahki

Welcome to the Forums. I'm almost directly north of you up here in North Dakota. The Aztec culture is fantastic. Mi viver en Mexico por dos anos. Circa Ciudad La Pesca.
wa alykum salaam :)

¡Eso es increíble! Nos permite hablar en otros idiomas, ¿verdad?
Perdón, pero no entiendo: "Circa Ciudad La Pesca"?
¡Gracias! :)

Woodrow
04-02-2011, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aztec-Revert19
wa alykum salaam :)

¡Eso es increíble! Nos permite hablar en otros idiomas, ¿verdad?
Perdón, pero no entiendo: "Circa Ciudad La Pesca"?
¡Gracias! :)
La Pesca es pequina Ville, on the Gulf of Mexico. Mi espanol es mas peor Lo Sciento.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
gladTidings
04-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Assalamualikum....Welcome to the forum brother =)

I often cannot comprehend the diverse family of muslims we belong to...
Alhamdullilah it is so amazing to be part of it =)

I hope you have a beneficial stay and I look forward to your contributions inshAllah.

Take care

Neelofar
04-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Welcome to the forum and I hope you have a beneficial stay! :D

PouringRain
04-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Aztec-Revert19
04-02-2011, 11:27 PM
La Pesca es pequina Ville, on the Gulf of Mexico. Mi espanol es mas peor Lo Sciento.
Oh, lo entiendo. Yo no conocía ese lugar. Mi español no es perfecto jajaja

And thank you to everyone else! :D

truthseeker63
04-02-2011, 11:55 PM
Hello how are you ?

Aztec-Revert19
04-03-2011, 12:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
Hello how are you ?
I am good thank you :)
How are you?

S.Belle
04-03-2011, 03:36 AM
Salam Alaykum
Welcome to the forum
hope you enjoy it here

Little_Lion
04-03-2011, 05:09 AM
Salaam, Aztec! Great to see another science buff here. :) Enjoy your stay!

Oh, looks like everyone's adding some Spanish, um . . . mi pantalons es en fuego. *shrugs and grins*

Aztec-Revert19
04-03-2011, 05:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle
Salam Alaykum
Welcome to the forum
hope you enjoy it here
Wa alykum salaam :)
Thank you XD

tigerkhan
04-03-2011, 05:15 AM
welcom to the forum bro

Aztec-Revert19
04-03-2011, 05:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion

Oh, looks like everyone's adding some Spanish, um . . . mi pantalons es en fuego. *shrugs and grins*
Wa alykum salaam!

Ohhh, what kind of sciences are you into? Are you studying it, or is it just for fun/hobby?

That is close, but if you meant to say, "My pants are on fire", that would be, "Mis pantalones se están quemando!" XD

Aztec-Revert19
04-03-2011, 05:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
welcom to the forum bro
Thank you :)

Little_Lion
04-03-2011, 05:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aztec-Revert19
Wa alykum salaam!

Ohhh, what kind of sciences are you into? Are you studying it, or is it just for fun/hobby?

That is close, but if you meant to say, "My pants are on fire", that would be, "Mis pantalones se están quemando!" XD
Gracias, I'm DEFINITELY not a native speaker, as I'm sure you can tell. XD

I am receiving my associates degree in Environmental Technology this May once my internship is done, and after a year to grab another quick Associates in Entrepreneurial Management, I'm continuing my education to ultimately work in preserving archaeological sites against environmental damage. My husband is also currently studying Environmental Tech, and he's going on to Geography for 3D mapping. We want to eventually start a non-profit in the Middle East (hopefully Oman) to preserve early Islamic sites.

This is our second time through college . . . my first time was for Radio Engineering and his was for Electrical Engineering Tech. But I've also worked as an educator at science museums and zoos, with my specialty being large snakes and lizards. :) I'll probably also be picking your brain a lot about astronomy this summer . . . we have a lot of near-dark sites here in South Dakota, and insha'Allah I'll be getting another telescope soon. I haven't had one in years.

Woodrow
04-03-2011, 05:45 AM

LOL: Agua por pantaloons-- Mucho Pronto Amigo=

Aztec-Revert19
04-03-2011, 05:56 AM
Gracias, I'm DEFINITELY not a native speaker, as I'm sure you can tell. XD

I am receiving my associates degree in Environmental Technology this May once my internship is done, and after a year to grab another quick Associates in Entrepreneurial Management, I'm continuing my education to ultimately work in preserving archaeological sites against environmental damage. My husband is also currently studying Environmental Tech, and he's going on to Geography for 3D mapping. We want to eventually start a non-profit in the Middle East (hopefully Oman) to preserve early Islamic sites.

This is our second time through college . . . my first time was for Radio Engineering and his was for Electrical Engineering Tech. But I've also worked as an educator at science museums and zoos, with my specialty being large snakes and lizards. :) I'll probably also be picking your brain a lot about astronomy this summer . . . we have a lot of near-dark sites here in South Dakota, and insha'Allah I'll be getting another telescope soon. I haven't had one in years.
Oh but that was still really good! I am a native, but forgot it all... so I do not know if I still count as native hahaha (I only spoke Spanish with my grandma as a kid. But we moved away for a long time so I forgot it. Then she moved in with us and I began to pick it up. I then began to take Spanish classes in college XD)

About Astronomy? I do not know much. It IS my hobby, but I just read tiny little excerpts from scientists XD But, I do have several friends who are majoring in that particular science. I also have another friend, and my own brother, who know their way around physics. I really love to hear them speak of it, and research things from time to time. But mostly my knowledge is from students of science, rather than Scientists and experts themselves. XD

But I would love to share what I know. But like with Islam, I always have to make sure my presentations are correct :)
I think that is wonderful that you are getting an associates degree in Environmental Technology! I really am fearful for the future of our planet. I know it is cliché amongst American college/university students to be all for the environment, but I am!

Aztec-Revert19
04-03-2011, 05:59 AM
LOL: Agua por pantaloons-- Mucho Pronto Amigo=

LOL!!!
¡Muchas gracias!

Ansariyah
04-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Welcome bro=)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Wa Alaaykum As-salaam Wa Rahmatullaah Wa Barahkaatuh

Welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy your stay here and hope that the stay here is also beneficial..

also apologies for late welcome

.. peace ..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!