/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are the ways of acquiring peace in our life?

Flame of Hope
04-03-2011, 03:52 AM
What are the ways of acquiring peace in our life?

For Muslims: In what way has Islam brought peace in your life?

P.S. Islam is the religion of peace. We strive to attain peace each day. So I understand that this is not exactly an easy question to answer.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S.Belle
04-03-2011, 04:26 AM
How do u come up with these threads?.....

becoming more religious and seeking a closer relationship with Allah

Islam has brought peace into my life bc it has allowed me to realize the purpose of my being created which is to worship Allah. Once I realized that, and even though I'm tested and lots of things go haywire in my life, life itself just seemed more peaceful to me....hope that makes sense.

tigerkhan
04-03-2011, 05:21 AM
OK i had done much research on this topic. bcz its something related to our spiritual needs. so far from quran, Allah SWT said i that He had put Peace for us in
1. Dhikar (and probably that mean as Ulama Says, all commandment of Allah SWT)
2. Home
3. Spouses

maybe in hadiths there are more things defined which are necessary for peace in our life but i dont know them...
my personal idea is, if a person will be blessed with these 3 things, i think his life will be a most peaceful.

Flame of Hope
04-03-2011, 05:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle
How do u come up with these threads?.....
Inspiration. :)

There are more challenging questions up my sleeve. But I'll be patient.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Little_Lion
04-03-2011, 06:34 AM
Oooh, good one!

One of the greatest ways Islam has brought peace to my life is by showing me the ways of Muhammad (saw). I have a very short temper - not violent, but it does not take much to get me to make a snarky, sarcastic remark. By living with the Prophet as my model, may Allah bless him and uphold him for his example, I've found many ways of curbing this. For example, whenever I'm posting, if I find myself getting angry I try to make myself wait at least 24 hours before saying anything on the subject so I can calm down, and in the meantime, read some Islamic stories. At home, I walk away from whatever is angering me and go to a quiet place and read the Qur'an. When I'm out, I do dhikr until I'm more peaceful.

It doesn't ALWAYS work . . . I know I've posted angry here at least once, but it really is a huge help.

Flame of Hope
04-03-2011, 06:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle
becoming more religious and seeking a closer relationship with Allah

Islam has brought peace into my life bc it has allowed me to realize the purpose of my being created which is to worship Allah. Once I realized that, and even though I'm tested and lots of things go haywire in my life, life itself just seemed more peaceful to me....hope that makes sense.
It makes perfect sense, especially the part "seeking a closer relationship with Allah." After all, isn't As-Salam one of Allah's names? Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
For example, whenever I'm posting, if I find myself getting angry I try to make myself wait at least 24 hours before saying anything on the subject so I can calm down, and in the meantime, read some Islamic stories. At home, I walk away from whatever is angering me and go to a quiet place and read the Qur'an. When I'm out, I do dhikr until I'm more peaceful.
You are a strong one if you can do that! Mashallah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!