/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!

Wiedza
04-03-2011, 01:40 PM
I found this forum a few days ago and I think it is great! I love to see people from different religions and views discussing beliefs in a respectful manner. It is something that is hard to find.

I am from America and as such, I know basically nothing about Islam. I am tired of hearing judgmental statements about Islam with no knowledge about it, so I have decided to learn for myself. I have just started reading The Koran and studying Arabic, and since I am ignorant on these things I will do as much reading of previously posted topics as I can before I post anything. I have also started studying Hebrew and Greek, to better understand The Bible. {I am kinda a language geek :)}

I am not looking to convert to Islam but I believe that learning about it will give me greater understanding and show that I have respect for your beliefs and culture, which is something that I think the world is lacking. Sorry for the lengthy introduction, I just don't feel right lurking in the background without properly introducing myself. I hope we can learn a lot from each other!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansariyah
04-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Welcome Wiedza.

Nice to have u on the forum, hope u'll have a pleasant stay.

I too am a bit of a Language geek=)..

PouringRain
04-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Welcome to the forum.

breezes
04-03-2011, 02:46 PM
welcome wiezda
enjoy your stay bro

and have a good day.:sunny:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Welcome to the forum Weizda

Hope you enjoy your stay here and hope the forum benefits you!

As you have come to the right place to learn about Islaam and its good that you want learn about the truth of Islaam and not from those who know absolutely nothing about it.

I am no language geek but i am definetly a geek a long with all the members on this geeky forum :-\

.. peace ..

Woodrow
04-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Welcome to the forum Weizda. You may be surprised at some of the things you will discover about us. Just a few things about us Muslims living here in the USA,

1. Many of us in the USA were born here. English being our native language

2, The largest group of reverts to Islam in the USA are college educated white females

3. There are more Muslims living in the USA than the total number of Muslims in the 6 smallest Arab Nations combined

4. Islam is growing very fast among Native Americans, Most notably in the Dakotas and Minnesota

5. Islam and the NOI (Nation of Islam) are 2 different religions, although we both call ourselves Muslim

6. Very few Muslims living in the USA speak Arabic, although most of us have learned some level of Qur'anic Arabic

7. Islamic studies are now common at American Universities. The Islamic studies program at the University of Texas -Austin is offering courses in Islamic Juris prudeance and is attracting Muslim Students from worldwide.

8. Most Muslims in the USA have college degrees and work in the Professional fields such as medicine or law.

9. There are Mosques in every major US city

10. At least one old ex-Texas cowboy is Muslim

tigerkhan
04-06-2011, 05:57 AM
welcome to the forum bro.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!