PDA

View Full Version : Sufi shrine suicide attack 'kills 41 -Taliban Terrorists Responsible



IslamicRevival
04-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Suicide attackers have killed at least 41 people and wounded many more at a shrine in Pakistan, police say.

The explosions struck near the Sakhi Sarwar shrine in Punjab, as Sufi Muslim devotees gathered for an annual three-day festival.

Sufis, a minority Muslim group who follow mystical beliefs, are regarded as heretical by hardliners.

A Taliban fighter told reporters his group carried out the attack, the third on Sufi shrines in a year.

Ehsanullah Ehsan told Reuters news agency the attack was in revenge for a government offensive against militants in Pakistan's north-west.

Sunday's blasts hit near a shrine to Sufi saint Sakhi Sarwar in Dera Ghazi Khan district, and devotees were reportedly among the dead and wounded.

"We have recovered 41 bodies so far," police officer Zahid Hussain Shah told AFP news agency.

He said both explosions had been caused by suicide attackers, adding: "They came on foot and blew themselves up when police on duty stopped them."

Another police officer told reporters that a third attacker had been caught before he could detonate his explosives

Eyewitness Faisal Iqbal told Reuters he had been standing yards away from one of the explosions.

"People started running outside the shrine. Women and children were crying and screaming. It was like hell," he said.

Thousands of people had been marking the annual festival of Urs at the time of the blasts.

Sufism has been widely practised in Pakistan for hundreds of years - analysts saying it has a much bigger following than the hard-line Taliban version of Islam.

Devotees perform singing and dancing and pray to saints who are honoured with numerous shrines.

Their beliefs are considered un-Islamic by hardliners, who have targeted their shrines several times.

Last October, a suicide bombing at a shrine in Punjab province left six people dead.

And earlier in the year a suicide attack on a Lahore shrine killed at least 42 people, making it the most deadly such attack on record.

For decades, the government has also sought to suppress Sufism, and has put it under strict control.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12951923

What have you got to say for yourselves Taliban supporters?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
04-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Sad news, regardless of who was behind it. I think the taliban are quite busy fighting occupation in afghanistan, they have better things to do than kill their own people.
Reply

Trumble
04-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by aadil77
Sad news, regardless of who was behind it. I think the taliban are quite busy fighting occupation in afghanistan, they have better things to do than kill their own people.
Odd... they are doing plenty of that in Afghanistan. I digress, however. Anyway the Afghan Taliban may or may not be busy trying to break their own records for killing civilians.. sorry, "fighting occupation", but they are not the same people as those responsible for this and a string of similar atrocities in Pakistan over recent years, often aimed at Sufi shrines as was the case here. You can chalk those up to the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan who, despite obviously co-operating and eventually hoping to team up with the Afghan version are very much a Pakistan based operation. They have had no problems in claiming responsibility for their attacks, Sufis being suitably heretical and all, so I think we can safely put the 'regardless of who was behind it' reflexive denial to bed.
Reply

S_87
04-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Lost Identity
What have you got to say for yourselves Taliban supporters?
Who are the 'Taliban' and what makes a person a 'Taliban rep'
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Zuzubu
04-07-2011, 01:40 PM
They are not Taliban, bro' understand who the Taliban is, and what Taliban means before claiming them to be taliban.

The Talibans in Pakistan are only wannabe's, not like the real Taliban who are normal people. Once they were small students, and you called them Taliban. These are terrorists, and besides, what's so sepcial about sufi's? It dosn't matter if they are magicians, or shia, or sunnis. Suicide is haram....
Reply

IslamicRevival
04-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Cant believe some people are denying the fact that the Taliban were responsible for the suicide attack when they admitted it
Zuzubu, 'Bro' you're talking rubbish
Reply

Azim285
04-13-2011, 10:17 AM
1. whats your proog that it was the Taliban?

2. don't say BBC because you will be suspecting your brothers in Islam because of what the kuffar say

3. a muslim is innocent until proven guilty

4. America has no reason to be fighting the taliban

5. if you say its because osama bin laden they asked america to prove but you know tha outcome...

my advice to you brother stop accusing your brothers in Islam who are defending their land just because you heard something about it from the kuffar media... it may be true but i doubt it that you verified it and i even doubt that this can be verified unless you live in AFG.
Reply

Zuzubu
04-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Lost, talk with the people who know the taliban
Reply

Azim285
04-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Zuzubu
Lost, talk with the people who know the taliban
he has BBC :P but on a serious note what this brother is saying is correct dont blame Taliban when you dont even know who they are
Reply

Trumble
04-13-2011, 12:26 PM
I can't believe the extent some people will bury their heads in the sand to deny the obvious if it doesn't fit in with their view of the world. We have already established the Pakistani Taliban are not the same people as the Afghan Taliban. Not that the latter are any better ('defending their land' from who, exactly?), but that's straying off-topic.

As to the former,

1. whats your proof that it was the Taliban?

2. don't say BBC because you will be suspecting your brothers in Islam because of what the kuffar say
.... how about Al Jazeera?

Pakistani Taliban claim responsibility for attack on Sufi shrine near Dera Ghazi Khan in which dozens are killed.

More than 40 people have been killed in two suicide bombings near the central Pakistani city of Dera Ghazi Khan.

The blasts went off on Sunday at the Sakhi Sarwar shine, leaving up to 100 people injured. Hundreds of worshippers had gathered at the shrine for a religious ceremony when the attacks took place.

"We have recovered 41 bodies so far," police officer Zahid Hussain Shah told the AFP news agency from the scene of the blasts.

"The attackers came on foot and blew themselves up when police on duty stopped them."

The Pakistani Taliban later claimed responsibility for the attack.

"Our men carried out these attacks and we will carry out more in retaliation for government operations against our people in the northwest," spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan told the Reuters news agency by telephone from an undisclosed location.
Maybe you should get on the phone and tell Al Jazeera that these psychopathic nutters are not 'Taliban' after all?
Reply

Azim285
04-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Trumble
I can't believe the extent some people will bury their heads in the sand to deny the obvious if it doesn't fit in with their view of the world. We have already established the Pakistani Taliban are not the same people as the Afghan Taliban. Not that the latter are any better ('defending their land' from who, exactly?), but that's straying off-topic.

As to the former,



.... how about]?



Maybe you should get on the phone and tell Al Jazeera that these psychopathic nutters are not 'Taliban' after all?
just because Al Jazeera has an arabic name does not necessarily mean evryone that is reporting is a trusthworthy muslim. You cant just read something from a reporter on the internet and claim you are certain is omeone who has crried the act.. I can say that I spoke to the pakistani spokesman and he told me it isnt true ... now are you going to believe that? why not? you believed the reporter in al jazeerah withouth any other concrete proof

They may have done it but the fact that i have not personally verified it and dont have concrete proofs i can go on claiming they they did it when i myself dont have concrete proofs thats my position and i dont apologise weather it pleases you or not
Reply

GuestFellow
04-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Lost Identity
Cant believe some people are denying the fact that the Taliban were responsible for the suicide attack when they admitted it
Zuzubu, 'Bro' you're talking rubbish
The term "Taliban" does mean student.

Anyway I think it could be people are claiming to be the Taliban or the US labeled all militant groups as Taliban or probably a combination of both.
Reply

Sethi
04-15-2011, 04:18 AM
The Pakistani Taliban later claimed responsibility for the attack.

"Our men carried out these attacks and we will carry out more in retaliation for government operations against our people in the northwest," spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan told the Reuters news agency by telephone from an undisclosed location.
Above quote is from the Al Jazeera article linked by Trumble.

I have found Al Jazeera to be the most reputable news source available for the region (and much better then most Western news sources in general for world news). I suspect that if the phone call described above was a hoax (which could be cross referenced with Reuters, admittedly a kafir news source) that the Pakistani Taliban would dispute the claim, and Al Jazeera would report that.

Although I agree that news may need to be taken with a grain of salt at times, it is hard to follow any global politics without giving some reputable news sources a certain degree of trust.
Reply

tigerkhan
04-15-2011, 04:38 AM
being in pakistan and much more aware of realities abouth these taliban, alqaeda, terrorism and etc etc..........I SAY AMERICA IS INVOLVED IN THESE ATTACKS...thats a very bitter reality and some ppl dont even accept it easily but its true. the world biggest terrorist is AMERICA, he had killed thousand of innocent ppl, women children in Iraq ,Afghanistan, Pakistan (drone attacks) and its a ground reality where america goes and influenced in internal matters of other countries, on the name of peace he gift them this terorism, sucide attacks, corruption and much more...
Reply

Tyrion
04-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Azim285
1. whats your proog that it was the Taliban?
Why does everyone pretend like there's no evidence against the Taliban? There's far more stuff out there about their crimes than there is about anything else, yet those are all dismissed as lies and everyone just decides to defend/support them because they label themselves as Muslim. I only see this behavior on this site though, so thank God for that... And by the way, in this particular case, the proof is that the Pakistani Taliban admitted it themselves... What more could you need?

Anyway, I've gotten into this before and was met with pretty negative responses, so I should probably stop now.

Originally Posted by Azim285
2. don't say BBC because you will be suspecting your brothers in Islam because of what the kuffar say
I hate this language... Oh, don't listen to those "kuffar"... Ugh

Originally Posted by Azim285
3. a muslim is innocent until proven guilty
No. EVERYONE is innocent until proven guilty.

Originally Posted by Trumble
I can't believe the extent some people will bury their heads in the sand to deny the obvious if it doesn't fit in with their view of the world. We have already established the Pakistani Taliban are not the same people as the Afghan Taliban. Not that the latter are any better ('defending their land' from who, exactly?), but that's straying off-topic.
Hmm, aren't a good number of Afghan Taliban from Pakistan too though? I think I read that from a few sources, so I was under the impression that theres a bit of overlap between the two groups.
Reply

Umm AbdurRahman
04-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Lost Identity
Suicide attackers have killed at least 41 people and wounded many more at a shrine in Pakistan, police say.
Suicide bombing is HARAM (Forbidden) in Islam. It is very difficult to accept the fact that people actually do this. Harm their own lives as well as others!! :(
We need to understand the reasons behind this. It may be 1) lack of education, 2) some kind of a pressure, 3) force , etc.

The Pakistani Taliban later claimed responsibility for the attack.

"Our men carried out these attacks and we will carry out more in retaliation for government operations against our people in the northwest," spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan told the Reuters news agency by telephone from an undisclosed location.
i really never understand the authenticity of such claims. i mean, how can a person do a crime and claim to have done it, and how can they escape the authorities without getting tracked down?!?!


May God have Mercy on all.
Reply

CosmicPathos
04-18-2011, 01:56 AM
what is a sufi shrine? :p
Reply

Trumble
04-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by mad_scientist
what is a sufi shrine? :p
For normal human beings a sufi shrine is a religious shrine and place of pilgrimage usually built on or around the grave of a Sufi saint.

For the Taliban a sufi-shrine is a legitimate target.
Reply

YieldedOne
04-19-2011, 05:22 PM
It seems that some Muslim "hardliners" are willing to kill ANYONE who they even THINK is committing shirk...even their own fellow Muslims.
Reply

YieldedOne
04-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Umm AbdurRahman
Suicide bombing is HARAM (Forbidden) in Islam. It is very difficult to accept the fact that people actually do this. Harm their own lives as well as others!! :(
We need to understand the reasons behind this. It may be 1) lack of education, 2) some kind of a pressure, 3) force , etc.

I have a theory. I'm thinking that the anti-shirk sentiment is so intense that even doing things forbidden in Islam to PROTECT the Uniqueness of Allah is seen as allowable. It's just like how Christians during the Inquistion were to anti-heresy that they completely ignored Jesus' Great Commandments and tortured and killed many of their own fellow Christians. Hardliners of each religion are willing to protect what they believe is true to the point of killing others...defeating the purpose, spiritually speaking.

Simply, it's willingness to disobey Allah for the sake of (supposedly) glorifying Allah.

Think about it. If some Muslims believe that shirk is actually unforgivable by God and "death-worthy" of whoever does it...what would that lead to over time?
Perhaps any "shirkers" would be seen as easy, expendible targets. They're idolators, anyway. Who cares if they die...right?

Actually, I'd say the same type of thinking happens with extremist Christian anti-Muslim sentiment. Supposedly, Muslims don't have "life"...and are condemned by God, because they deny Jesus as God's Son. So, who cares if we burn their holy book...right?

Such, sad, sad, sad thinking...
Reply

Umm AbdurRahman
04-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by YieldedOne
I have a theory. I'm thinking that the anti-shirk sentiment is so intense that even doing things forbidden in Islam to PROTECT the Uniqueness of Allah is seen as allowable. It's just like how Christians during the Inquistion were to anti-heresy that they completely ignored Jesus' Great Commandments and tortured and killed many of their own fellow Christians. Hardliners of each religion are willing to protect what they believe is true to the point of killing others...defeating the purpose, spiritually speaking.

Simply, it's willingness to disobey Allah for the sake of (supposedly) glorifying Allah.

Think about it. If some Muslims believe that shirk is actually unforgivable by God and "death-worthy" of whoever does it...what would that lead to over time?
Perhaps any "shirkers" would be seen as easy, expendible targets. They're idolators, anyway. Who cares if they die...right?

Actually, I'd say the same type of thinking happens with extremist Christian anti-Muslim sentiment. Supposedly, Muslims don't have "life"...and are condemned by God, because they deny Jesus as God's Son. So, who cares if we burn their holy book...right?
hmmm...Your theory makes sense.
But, i feel that the reason why they are doing this is basically lack of "true" education. They interpret things wrongly. And act without thinking of the consequences that would affect them as well as the others.

The affairs of the world are in a bad situation !!! :(
The West hates Islam (don't exactly know why)!! But, you can't deny this fact, everywhere the Muslims seem to be tortured for no clear offence.

some Muslims get angered and carry out forbidden acts without contemplating. It has become such a stereotype that the muslims are terrorists , that wherever there is a bomb blasts, any kind of oppression, etc... immediately the fingers point at the Muslims.

West Bank settlements!!! Why don't the Palestinians and the Israelis come to common terms?!?! What does this lead to? death of innocent Civilians!!! And in the end, do we even realize we have to be buried under the soil?!?! the same soil on which we fight with each other to make beautiful houses for us. Our fate is death!! No one can escape it!!
Time is running short. You never know. It is best for us to come to common terms, worship one Lord, live peacefully with each other, and that would lead to a blissful life in Paradise, God Willing.

May God have Mercy on us all and Guide us all to do the right things and protect us from the forbidden. Ameen
Reply

Sethi
04-20-2011, 02:32 PM
The West hates Islam (don't exactly know why)!!
Just to be clear, although there is admittedly a lot of anti-islamic sentiment in the Western world, the above statement is a bit too strong of a generalization, and not true of all Westerners. Some of us are trying to work to help improve relations and overcome misconseptions about Islam. Generalizations like this that help to separate us, instead of bringing us to understand each other better.

Peace
Reply

Umm AbdurRahman
04-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Sethi
Just to be clear, although there is admittedly a lot of anti-islamic sentiment in the Western world, the above statement is a bit too strong of a generalization, and not true of all Westerners. Some of us are trying to work to help improve relations and overcome misconseptions about Islam. Generalizations like this that help to separate us, instead of bringing us to understand each other better.

Peace
Thanks for that brother !! :)
I know i shouldn't have generalized it like that. My mistake !! I apologize.

But ya, we know that there is a LOT OF anti Islamic sentiments in the Western world!! Why? :(
Reply

IslamicRevival
04-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by YieldedOne
It seems that some Muslim "hardliners" are willing to kill ANYONE who they even THINK is committing shirk...even their own fellow Muslims.
Yep, Pretty disgusting to think they'd even think about killing a human being never mind a fellow Muslim, These people affiliated with Blackwater, Taliban whoever they are make me sick

What gives them the right to slaughter people?
Allah Azzawajal is the judge, not us!



If praising our beloved Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him and having the utmost respect for our scholars is 'Shirk' then these people need their heads examining

The world is one messed up place, Really dont know who to believe anymore
Sod them all
Reply

Zafran
04-20-2011, 04:37 PM
salaam

Love that video

peace
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!