/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what islam says about fathers?

YM Usrah Umar
04-03-2011, 10:06 PM
on the topic about mothers...mothers get mentioned always but im just wondering what about fathers? what does the quran and hadith say about them?

i hear that the prophet (pbuh) said "jannah is under your mothers feet and your father is the key"....this true?

what else is ther about fathers?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
YM Usrah Umar
04-04-2011, 12:54 PM
can any1 help plz?

selsebil
04-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Assalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Whatever prayer (dua) is made by parents on behalf of their children, this prayer is accepted by Allah Ta'ala. Hazrat Abu Hurairah radiallaho ta'ala anhu narrates that Rasool Allah sallalaho alaihe wasallam said, "Three peoples prayers is always accepted, a father's prayer for his children, a traveller's prayer and the prayer of an oppressed person."
format_quote Originally Posted by YM Usrah Umar
on the topic about mothers...mothers get mentioned always but im just wondering what about fathers? what does the quran and hadith say about them?

i hear that the prophet (pbuh) said "jannah is under your mothers feet and your father is the key"....this true?

what else is ther about fathers?

Perseveranze
04-04-2011, 04:03 PM
"Your Lord (Allah) has ordained that you should worship none except Him and show kindness to parents. If one of them or both of them attain to old age with you, say not 'Fie' unto them nor reproach them but speak to them a gracious word. And lower unto them the wing of submission through mercy (defer humbly to them out of tenderness) and pray: My Lord, have mercy on them both as they nurtured me when I was little." (Qur'an 17:23-24)

"And we (Allah) have enjoined upon man (to be good) to his parents: His mother bears him in weakness upon weakness.." Qur'an 31:14)

"We have enjoined on man kindness to his parents: In pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth.." (Qur'an 46:59)

The above pretty much applies to both.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
YM Usrah Umar
04-04-2011, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by selsebil
Assalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Whatever prayer (dua) is made by parents on behalf of their children, this prayer is accepted by Allah Ta'ala. Hazrat Abu Hurairah radiallaho ta'ala anhu narrates that Rasool Allah sallalaho alaihe wasallam said, "Three peoples prayers is always accepted, a father's prayer for his children, a traveller's prayer and the prayer of an oppressed person."
mashallah what a brilliant hadith. i remembr a story i was told that this man who was studying at an islamic university...he didnt revise for his exam until the last day, he asked his dad to do dua...so his dad did and the guy was in 3rd place in his class with his grade mashallah.

plz borthers and sisters keep postin, i need to kno more lol

YM Usrah Umar
04-07-2011, 11:42 AM
plz brothers and sistrs, more hadiths plz

AslamP
04-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Fathers are mentioned in a plural form as in parents, not much in separation though. Maybe they need to catch up in virtues with the mothers!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!