1 in 13 million - The only native Japanese Imam in Tokyo

Population of Japan - 127,000,000
Population of Tokyo - 13,000,000
No. of Muslims in Japan (estimate) - 100,000
No. of Japanese Muslims (estimate) - 10,000
No. who converted to Islam NOT for marriage(estimate) - 2 or 300
No. of Japanese Imam's in Japan - 5
No. of Japanese Imam's in Tokyo - 1

Abdullah Taqy is the only Japanese Imam in Tokyo.

A chance meeting with a foreign Muslim 12 years ago in Tokyo's Shibuya district and a life spent studying various religions led him to convert to Islam 3 ½ years ago.
He completed the Hajj, the worlds largest annual religious pilgrimage, to Mecca in Saudi Arabia 2 ½ years ago at the invitation of the Saudi Arabian government.
Shortly after, a meeting with the man who started him down his path to Islam 12 years previously led him to becoming the Imam at a small mosque in the Kabukicho area of Tokyo.

His day job for the past 20 years has been as a tattooist and body piercer.

He is soft spoken and exudes a calmness and friendliness that one cannot help being affected by.

He is truly, 1 in 13 million.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Perseveranze
04-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Subhanallah,

I've watched a video about him before, where he was trying to set up a trip to Hajj for Muslims living in Japan. He's doing great Dawah, Islams slowly growing there Mashallah. Which is saying alot since Japanese people tend to be very strict about religion, like they don't even want to talk about it, so very hard to give Dawah to them.

But what an amazing story, just by reciting words you have no understanding off, your suddenly guided to the Path of light. Alhamdulillah.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-04-2011, 04:22 PM
:sl:

MashaAllaah :D InshaAllaah he can give up that tattoo job and find a job worth his while.
JazakAllaah khayr for sharing.

yas2010
04-04-2011, 04:49 PM
This story as my little girl would say 'made me feel all warm inside'.

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
04-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Masha-Allah! Good stuff.

Neelofar
04-06-2011, 10:38 PM
This story DID make me feel all warm inside!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!