/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Democrats & Republicans vs The Green Party

truthseeker63
04-04-2011, 07:49 PM
  • Democrats & Republicans vs The Green Party
Democrats talk about the different policies, positions, and priorities we'd see from Congress if they take control back from the Republicans.
But members of the Green Party say that most Democratic and Republican politicians hold similar positions on major issues — and that's why we need a new party that gives power to “We the People” instead of powerful corporations.
Which is true? Judge for yourself — and compare with Green positions:

http://www.greens.org/ri/compare.html

While I am not a Green Party supporter I just thought I would post this for Americans who think that the Democrats/Republicans are different.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Trumble
04-06-2011, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
  • Democrats & Republicans vs The Green Party
Democrats talk about the different policies, positions, and priorities we'd see from Congress if they take control back from the Republicans.
But members of the Green Party say that most Democratic and Republican politicians hold similar positions on major issues — and that's why we need a new party that gives power to “We the People” instead of powerful corporations.
Which is true? Judge for yourself — and compare with Green positions:

http://www.greens.org/ri/compare.html

While I am not a Green Party supporter I just thought I would post this for Americans who think that the Democrats/Republicans are different.
There's nothing inherently wrong with holding similar positions on some major issues, as such generally reflect the mainstream opinions of the electorate. There's nothing worse than opposing the 'right' policy just for the sake of it. You'll always have far more radical alternatives on offer though. Not just the greens, but anything from neo-fascists to anarchists, communists to libertarians. The question is how much support they can get, and that depends largely on the priorities of voters. The Greens are far more widely supported in Germany and (until recently, anyway) Ireland than in the US and green policies are pretty similar across different countries, even on issues not specifically 'green'. I tend to vote for them on the basis of their social policies, the traditional left-wing parties having drifted far too much into whacko land in recent years to be taken seriously, not to mention pretty much ignoring green issues.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!