/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for (specific) Islamic TV show

paxranger
04-06-2011, 04:23 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

I am looking for the name of a Islamic talk show I saw a few years ago in Europe (ideally, I would love to find some video online). The language was in English, and had people sitting in a studio, asking questions of one (or two) imams who were there. The people would ask for guidance about a problem they were having in their lives, and the experts would give them answers guided by the Koran. It's a bit like askimam.org, but live with a studio audience. I think I saw it in 2004 or 2005 in Bosnia, although it seemed to be a UK-based show.

I have been studying the world's religions for a long time (now I'm teaching a class), and I learned more about Islam from that tv show--practical Islam that helps people every day--than in any book I have read. I would love to play some of that show for my students, but I can't find it at all. From my experience, you can read all about a religion all you want, but you won't really begin to understand it until you see how it operates in the daily lives of people... "lived religion" they call it.

If there are other websites or tv channels with similar shows/videos in English, I would very much to learn about them too.

peace

(also posted in the Discover Islam forum, aplogies if cross-posting is not allowed)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Little_Lion
04-06-2011, 11:43 PM
I've seen similar programs on Peace.TV, with a live studio audience and they would take questions from them, with experts on the stage who would provide answers. It was hosted in a talk-show type format, but I couldn't tell you what it was called, or if it was a current show or a replay. You may wish to check the show listings on these channels, to see if any of them sound familiar. Both provide live streaming, and have shows in English and Urdu (so if it not in English when you tune in, check back). Programming ranges from children's broadcasts, to lectures, to live broadcasts of services in various locations. I won't vouch for the validity of any of the programming as I can't tell you which schools they follow in which program or how strictly, but I do enjoy many of the shows I've seen.

http://www.peacetv.tv/

http://www.huda.tv/

Insha'Allah you can find what you are looking for, or at least something similar!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!