/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I be hopeless

anonymous
04-06-2011, 12:42 PM
imsad

i am a hopeless person right now. i have no strength and energy to hope because i am sinful. i do have hope that Allah will forgive my sins, but i do not hope that i can be the good Muslim da'ee that i want to be. i dont think i will be of benefit to this ummah and i want to give up as i dont have any hope. any hope that i have is blocked up with some type of weight that i cant break away from. i have too many dreams i want to follow, but they seem far off and too good for someone like me imsadimsadimsadimsadimsad i be useless. la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
04-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum, that is exactly what shaythan wants you to feel and think. There is NOTHING stopping you from achieving the best in this world and the next apart from yourself. If you really want to achieve something then you can acheive it but you have to defeat your enemy first and your enemy is yourself. Shaythan can only whisper to you but it is you who is in control.

Is there an event in your life that you feel that you are not letting go of and is stopping your progress to achieve great things in this world and the next? It would be good if you can open up about what it is in your life that has happened or is happening to make you feel in this hopeless state.

Danah
04-08-2011, 11:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum, that is exactly what shaythan wants you to feel and think. There is NOTHING stopping you from achieving the best in this world and the next apart from yourself. If you really want to achieve something then you can acheive it but you have to defeat your enemy first and your enemy is yourself. Shaythan can only whisper to you but it is you who is in control.
I second brother Hamza advice!

There is nothing called a perfect person in this life. We all sin, there is no one who don't sin or is free from mistake. Why do you think that Allah name himself the forgiver? how can he be forgiver if there is no sin to forgive?

Achieve something noble like Dawah will be good for us, because we are trying to help people avoid what we fell into. We are trying to advise people to not make the same sin or mistake we did before. If normal life is not a path of roses then how about the life of struggling for the sake of Allah. Do you think that Shaytan will leave you alone to do noble things like Dawah or reading Quran or whatever you might do to be a better Muslim? of course not, he will see what can depress you and distract you from achieving your noble goals and then he will come to you from that door.
Its not you who decide whether you will be benefit to the Ummah. Dawah is not all about long lectures or articles. The prophet (peace be upon him) said: "convey from me even if it be one ayah" you might offer something you think is very small or trivial but it can a reason for someone else to repent and be guided again to the true path.

Just be strong and as the above post said...its you who is in control.
May Allah keep us all steadfast in the right path.

Beardo
04-08-2011, 11:10 PM
While there is life, there is hope.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
04-08-2011, 11:21 PM
:sl:

I just read this from a thread sister Flame posted, SubhanAllah it summed up everything I wanted to say:
9. You will make mistakes:

Many of us study Islam to make up for the sins of our past. Yet, being humans, we are never free from sins and mistakes and so some people become depressed and give up Islamic work when they realize that they are now knowledgeable but still occasionally fall into sin.

The truth is that the Shaytan wants us to quit and by doing so we are just playing into his hands, but Allah is Most Forgiving to those who repent. Every time you fall down and make a mistake, pick yourself back up, turn to Allah in repentance and try again to be a good Muslim, and never EVER allow your sins or mistakes stop you from doing Islamic work. Rather, it should motivate us to do more Islamic work so that our good deeds outweigh our sins on the Last Day.
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ould-know.html

Yanal
04-10-2011, 06:55 AM
:sl:

At certain situations/scenarios I often act before thinking,then I either regret the act itself or think if I had done this it would have been better. Most sins we commit occur before we can think about them, those are the ones we can't change,it's like the saying goes "No use of crying over spilled milk". But the sins we can stop,we should try to stop,and if not then we should pray to Allaah and ask for forgivness and try not to repeat that mistake. We should try to live simple peaceful and calm lives while at the same time trying to keep your Emaan up and following Islaam to the best of our abilities.

You can ask for forgivness from Allaah,The All-Forgiving,The All-Merciful, do not give up hope, we all have a chance as long as we live in this Dunyaa(Earth) this is a test,we have to show Allaah that we are worthy. May Allaah forgive you and all of us and our families for the sins that we have committed both knowingly and unknowingly,ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!