/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Night terror's??

Xena
04-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Ok, so for the last 2 months, i have been having these awfull dreams. Some wich i can remember being horrific, others i just wake up gasping and scared out of my mind, not knowing what the dream was about.

I have been afraid of the dark since forever. And now i am afraid of going to sleep. And i know this sounds childish, but one of my biggest phobias is ghost and demons and stuff like that. So i almost start hallucinating about them before, and after i wake up from a nightmare.

Nothing has changed in my life recently... and no new stress has been brought apon me. But it's has been really hard to get any sleep :c I never used to dream! It would be a rare occasion for a dream, maby like once every month or two. And they would usually be bad, but completely bearable.

I haven't started any weird meds and i dont have a strange diet. But when i wake up in the middle of the night gasping, crying, and feeling my heart about to pop out of my chest i have to belive it is more than just a simple nightmare.

I do pray when it gets to bad, and its horrible to say but it dosnt help to much...

So if anyone has any advice at all it would mean the world to me :D

With love, <3
Xena :3

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
04-07-2011, 02:21 AM
:sl:

In the majority of cases like this there is a physical reason. so let us look first for a physical explanation. the most common would be if you are in your teens. The hormonal changes can cause the physical sensations you describe and your brain interprets them as terror and tries to find an explanation for the terror.

Some other physical cause can be things like panic attacks, sleep apnea and an irregular heart beat.

My suggestion at this time is to have a thorough medical check up and remember to tell the doctor you are having these episodes of terror.

While there is the possibility of other causes such as Jinns or an emotional disturbance, those are actually rare and a physical cause is the most probable reason.

Zuzubu
04-07-2011, 06:20 AM
Read Surah al-kursi, bad dreams comes from satan, and satan will try to get near you, but if you read surah-al-kursi before going to sleep, Allah sends an angel, and he will protect you from any jinn or satan.

Satan became human, and told this to one of the prophet (saw)'s companion, who said it to the prophet (saw), the prophet (saw) agreed on this.

I had those too as young, and whenever it was dark I also started seeing ghosts and monsters walking around in my bedroom, it is normal with a bright fantasy. So recite qur'an, then close ur eyes in your bed, recite subhana'Allah 32 times, Alhamdulillah 32 times, and Allahu Akbar 34 times.

Try this, say if it helps.

Trumble
04-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Hopefully our 'resident' doctor (whatever she calls herself these days) will drop by at some point, but from what you describe you do need a physical check-up, as Woodrow said. It might well be that some relatively minor health issue is affecting your sleep, which affects your dreaming pattern, which causes your problems. Your phobias might well contribute to what you dream, and following Zuzubu's recommendation might well put your mind at ease enough to help a lot in that respect.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Xena
04-08-2011, 02:04 AM
woodrow
thank you very much. I never thought that my age could be related to things like this :o
but i will take your advice :D

with <3
xena

Xena
04-08-2011, 02:05 AM
Trumbler
thanks sooo much for your advice! ur right i do have to try both :D
with<3
Xena

Xena
04-08-2011, 02:08 AM
Zuzubu

thank you for your advice and support. thats really creepy! all the demonic stuff really gets to me! but i will, for sure, recite those prayers :3

thank you again,
with <3
xena

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!