/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hunger Attacks

peace_maker
04-07-2011, 12:51 PM
:sl:

I'm 18, and have a balanced diet alhamdulillah. The problem is that I'm always hungry. This began happening to me just recently.

I have hunger attacks almost everytime, when I get up in the morning, before and after meals, during bed. (I also lack sleep due to this), it's more like starvation really.

At first, I didn't bother but, gradually it began increasing, I have a weird feeling in my stomach all the time. I feel like my stomach is eating me from the inside :( It's so painful, and the growlings are terrible.

I'm beginning to think if this is serious problem. What do you think?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zuzubu
04-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Are you sure that this is not some kind of illness?

Some people are not fat, but they can still eat very much, while others don't need that much.

There are 2 lifestyles. To eat often, and to eat big meals small times a day. I like the first one.

When you eat and drink, make it 1/3 food, 1/3 water, 1/3 empty.

How do you faste then?

I use to eat before sleeping eventhough people say it's bad, and that you can't wake up, I think it's better to eat and sleep deep, than to not sleep at all.

Don't you get enough food?

Well I hoped I was more like you, I don't mind the starve feeling, and I'm getting skinny, which ain't good for a male. Just eat and drink healthy, I don't think u can eat 10 goats without having a full stomach.

Ummu Sufyaan
04-07-2011, 01:03 PM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
do you think alot? are you really busy? stressed out?
i would get it checked out. if i remember correctly, someone i know had this problem and it was related to diabetes (or something close to that).

Woodrow
04-07-2011, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker
:sl:

I'm 18, and have a balanced diet alhamdulillah. The problem is that I'm always hungry. This began happening to me just recently.

I have hunger attacks almost everytime, when I get up in the morning, before and after meals, during bed. (I also lack sleep due to this), it's more like starvation really.

At first, I didn't bother but, gradually it began increasing, I have a weird feeling in my stomach all the time. I feel like my stomach is eating me from the inside :( It's so painful, and the growlings are terrible.

I'm beginning to think if this is serious problem. What do you think?
If you are in the habit of eating or drinking products with excess refined sugar, this can be your problem. soft drinks are very often the culprit. If you drink at least one soft drink daily, stop all soft drinks and drink water or unsweetened fruit juices instead. If that is the cause your problem should begin clearing up in just a few days.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
yas2010
04-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Salaam Young ukhti

I can recommend a lot of slow releasing foods such as oats/porridge, brown rice, vegetables and fruit and yoghurts.
Trying and avoid fat-laden sugary foods and a big NO NO is fizzy drinks especially those 'diet' ones that contain 'artficial sweenters'.

never skip breakfast as its the MOST important meal of the day.

I hope this helps.

Ansariyah
04-07-2011, 07:21 PM
For ur minds ease, see ur Doctor. Or this just might stop on its own.

Beardo
04-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Maybe it's just a phase. Actually, now that I think of it, I'm 18 and I'm sorta experiencing the same thing! On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have class from 7:30 - 12:30. I eat a mighty breakfast, but by 9, I get hungry again. :|

peace_maker
04-07-2011, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zuzubu
Are you sure that this is not some kind of illness?

Some people are not fat, but they can still eat very much, while others don't need that much.

There are 2 lifestyles. To eat often, and to eat big meals small times a day. I like the first one.

When you eat and drink, make it 1/3 food, 1/3 water, 1/3 empty.

How do you faste then?

I use to eat before sleeping eventhough people say it's bad, and that you can't wake up, I think it's better to eat and sleep deep, than to not sleep at all.

Don't you get enough food?

Well I hoped I was more like you, I don't mind the starve feeling, and I'm getting skinny, which ain't good for a male. Just eat and drink healthy, I don't think u can eat 10 goats without having a full stomach.
Whoa bro, I get more than enough food, alhamdulillah. My parents never let me diet. LOL

I too feel like eating when I'm hungry, but fearing weight gain, I don't. I just let myself starve. :-\

format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
wa alaykum us-Salaam
do you think alot? are you really busy? stressed out?
i would get it checked out. if i remember correctly, someone i know had this problem and it was related to diabetes (or something close to that).
Yeah.... we are having quite a few complications in my family right now.
I know I'm worrying and I also know that I go through these problems when I'm stressed or depressed but, this is just over the top. This is severe. Right now, I'm okay, thank God but, it usually starts with the start of the day. When I get up for fajr, I pray and go back to sleep, atleast try to. This is the time when it's the worst.

Anyhow, maybe you are right. Maybe it's my stress.

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
If you are in the habit of eating or drinking products with excess refined sugar, this can be your problem. soft drinks are very often the culprit. If you drink at least one soft drink daily, stop all soft drinks and drink water or unsweetened fruit juices instead. If that is the cause your problem should begin clearing up in just a few days.
My dad is very strict in eating healthy. We mostly drink 100 percent natural juice.
I don't drink soft drinks regularly. The last time I had was about 6 months ago.

format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
Maybe it's just a phase. Actually, now that I think of it, I'm 18 and I'm sorta experiencing the same thing! On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have class from 7:30 - 12:30. I eat a mighty breakfast, but by 9, I get hungry again. :|
You are guy, bro.
Studying and doing all the outside stuff, maybe this is normal for you. But me, I feel it's abnormal or maybe it's just like the above sis said, stress.

Ali Mujahidin
04-09-2011, 02:33 AM
As salaam mualaikum.

Have you tried kurma/tarma, the palm dates eaten by the Holy Prophet (saw)? I once went through 30 days living just on those palm dates. Just three was enough to get me through a normal meal time. I lost 30 kg in the process. Not a bad idea actually considering that I was 120 kg.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!