/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Issues facing Muslim youth in America

wpi2011mke
04-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Greetings to all,

I am doing my college thesis on the experience of Muslim youth in America - essentially, what it means to be young, Muslim, and American (or in America). Clearly, Islam and many aspects of life in America (Western culture) do not see eye to eye, and it can be difficult for young people to balance being a good Muslim with being a part of American society and interacting with peers, both Muslim and non-Muslim.

I would greatly appreciate any kind of feedback, whether it be personal experiences or issues that you feel are important and relevant to many young American Muslims. Your responses will be extremely helpful in determining where my research should take me!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
in jihad
04-07-2011, 06:59 PM
It isn't easy for Muslim youth in America becoz of the influence of so many negative things. Media is one and the life-style of Americans is another.

S.Belle
04-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Dating has become an issue, you see more muslims involved in relationships nowadays.
Peer pressure from "friends" to try alchohol, drugs, clubbing, etc.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!