/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Islam The Only Religion That Offers Hope for Mankind?

Flame of Hope
04-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Islam is the only religion that offers hope for the people of this world. Do you agree with this statement? Why? And if you don't agree, why not?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ICYUNVMe
04-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Religion is Faith-based, not fact-based. Therefore, your religious preferences are based on personal belief and nothing more. One might think they have discovered all of the answers, but someone else, with an equally strong conviction will have the complete opposite point of view.

Additionally, no one agrees on the shape our world should take. So even if people did feel that Islam was the only hope for the people of this world, there will be others who don't think the world should be structured in the same way.

So the answer to your question is "No".

Fivesolas
04-08-2011, 07:44 PM
I disagree. Part of the reason is that Islam is a religion of law. The law, even the Law of God, cannot take away sin nor was it ever intended to. The purpose of the Law of God is to show people that they are transgressors.

Little_Lion
04-08-2011, 08:49 PM
I know what I would say as an individual, but as a matter of principle I have to say that any faith or lack thereof (there's plenty of wonderful people out there without religion who do great things every day to help mankind, and animalkind as well), from the perspective of the person of that faith, could make the claim that their religion is the only one that offers hope/salvation/everlasting peace/free jellybeans. It is such an individualized conviction that it can't be argued in a "yes it does, no it doesn't" format.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sol Invictus
04-08-2011, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
I know what I would say as an individual, but as a matter of principle I have to say that any faith or lack thereof (there's plenty of wonderful people out there without religion who do great things every day to help mankind, and animalkind as well), from the perspective of the person of that faith, could make the claim that their religion is the only one that offers hope/salvation/everlasting peace/free jellybeans. It is such an individualized conviction that it can't be argued in a "yes it does, no it doesn't" format.
exactly what i was thinking. you have answered the question perfectly.

Zafran
04-08-2011, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fivesolas
I disagree. Part of the reason is that Islam is a religion of law. The law, even the Law of God, cannot take away sin nor was it ever intended to. The purpose of the Law of God is to show people that they are transgressors.
wrong and you misunderstand why Laws exist in the first place - according to Islam (probably many people around the world) the law is there to benefit humanity and prevent harm - it indeed tells us where to go and where not go for the humans safety.

The point of the law is not to take away sin - sin happens when a person goes beyond the limits of law - IF that happens then the person can get into trouble - only the mercy and forgiveness of God can take the sin away nothing else.

in jihad
04-08-2011, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
Islam is the only religion that offers hope for the people of this world. Do you agree with this statement? Why? And if you don't agree, why not?
Ya I agree. Not becoz each religion claiming that his religion is the one to give hope. But becoz allah told us in quran that only He accept only islam.

Ummu Sufyaan
04-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Yes. becuase im smart :lol:

MustafaMc
04-09-2011, 01:23 PM
You are right that 'Islam is a religion of law', but Brother Zafran is correct in that the intent of the law is not to 'take away sin' but rather as a means of guidance for how we are to live our lives and as standards for what is right and what is wrong.

I think that Matthew 7:21-23 is completely relevant as Jesus is quoted as saying, "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father (God) who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name cast out demons, and in your name perform many miracles?' "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.' " New American Standard. By the way, Christians are clearly and unequivocally among those who 'practice lawlessness' as they claim to not be under the rule of the law.

My perspective on the opening post. Yes, I believe that Islam is the only religion that is acceptable by Allah (swt) as those who submit to the will of Allah (swt) as was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (sawws) are the only ones on the Straight Way or in other words Muslims are the only ones 'who does the will of God'. Furthermore, if others believe that any other religion is acceptable, then they disbelieve in the Quran. If Allah (swt) so chooses to forgive others than those who follow Islam, then He does so according to His Divine mercy and wisdom and Allah (swt) knows best.

Alpha Dude
04-09-2011, 08:04 PM
How do you define hope? In what way?

Flame of Hope
04-09-2011, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
How do you define hope? In what way?
Hope, meaning salvation.

Only hope in the truth can lead to salvation.

Hoping in something that's untrue can only lead to perdition.

Alpha Dude
04-09-2011, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
Hope, meaning salvation.

Only hope in the truth can lead to salvation.

Hoping in something that's untrue can only lead to perdition.
By salvation, you mean being safe from hell and admitted into paradise, yes? In that case, only Islam can offer hope. No other religion is acceptable in the eyes on Allah in terms of bringing a person salvation in the hereafter.

Perseveranze
04-09-2011, 09:22 PM
You may have discovered something no one else has, enlighten me - tell me what system, religion or community exists that doesn't have a set of rules or laws that mankind would benefit from. ^o)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!