04-08-2011, 07:08 PM
or use to collect

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flame of Hope
04-08-2011, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle
or use to collect
I love your questions S.Belle. :)

I collect articles, essays, books and all sorts of beneficial information. My favorites are the proverbs, wise sayings of people around the world. And of course, stories of the sahabah have to be included in my list as well.

Beardo
04-08-2011, 08:02 PM
I used to collect sea shells. Now I colllect any ticket stubs and such from my travels. :)

Ghazalah
04-08-2011, 08:15 PM
:mmokay: Nothing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Little_Lion
04-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Lions! Lions, lions everywhere. I also collect old Pokemon games (the video games, not the cards), keychains, and first edition books. The hubby collects dragons and coins.

Revert 2010
04-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Box sets from favourite television shows such as Friends,Frasier etc

Fivesolas
04-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Books. Lots of books, and the occasional rare book. Some of my books are 400-500 years old.

Hannah.
04-08-2011, 09:09 PM
I collect shoes. :statisfie

S.Belle
04-09-2011, 02:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
I love your questions S.Belle. :)

Thnks :wub:...yours are like WAAAY better than mine though lol

format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
I used to collect sea shells. Now I colllect any ticket stubs and such from my travels. :)

what's ur fav stub?

format_quote Originally Posted by Hannah.
I collect shoes. :statisfie

what kinda shoes..heels, flats, sneakers....all?

format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
:mmokay: Nothing.

well hope you get some ideas from here:D...never too late to be a pack rat and use the term collecting as an excuse:omg:.

format_quote Originally Posted by Fivesolas
Books. Lots of books, and the occasional rare book. Some of my books are 400-500 years old.

what's the name of your oldest book?

I use to collect rocks and minerals and now im thinking about collecting chopsticks...weird but I've seen some really pretty ones recently.

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-09-2011, 04:29 AM
I collect digital data from the Internet. Now don't ask me what kind of data...:p My hard disk is always filled with up to 85%...

Samiun
04-09-2011, 04:40 AM
:sl: when I was a kid I use to collect HOT WHEEL CARS :D. I have like a box full of them, I used them to help my friends in my neighbourhood to built a city made out of clay. So we put the hot wheel cars to make it look like it's a living city. There was so many of us who contributed to this town! Good times.. Well I eventually lost half of my hot wheel cars. To this day, I still feel sad about it :(

Woodrow
04-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Memories.

I never have to pack them up when I move. They are always with me and I can enjoy them whenever and where ever I am. Best of all if I loose any of them, I will never know it.

Cabdullahi
04-09-2011, 09:05 AM
boogies, eyes crust and earwax

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-09-2011, 09:11 AM
^ That's interesting! Share the pictures.

Cabdullahi
04-09-2011, 09:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
^ That's interesting! Share the pictures.
Everybody collects boogies, eye crust and ear wax!

some are more aware than others and so they do their best to remove whats being collected

The rest are oblivious, we call them homeless.

elina
04-09-2011, 09:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii

squuuuuuuueeeeeeee lol

I was going to say I dont collect anything but then looked in a couple of drawers and a cupboard and ive decided i do have collections.... of junk :s

Abdul-Raouf
04-09-2011, 10:02 AM
used to collect Stamps... i started that and stopped it during school days...now the album is in shelf..the countries list is hundred plus :)

AmineH
04-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Hi everyone!:D
nothing
Is that an exciting job?:hmm:
why do u collect sth

marwen
04-09-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm collecting money !

hahaha !

I mean old coins which are no longer used today.

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-09-2011, 02:19 PM
^ You will be rich soon then.

S_87
04-09-2011, 08:10 PM
have a coin collection and also make sure to keep letters/cards

yas2010
04-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Brother this is made me LOL. :)

I collect clothes. But my dear husband is always bemused when i say i have nothing to wear ;D

Haya emaan
04-09-2011, 08:55 PM
i collect cards (received from my friends), invitation cards specially the wedding ones (to make handmade cards to send back in return to my friends:p), and all the junk stuff that reminds me of my friends that are not near by now..imsad

S.Belle
04-09-2011, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amineh75
Hi everyone!:D
nothing
Is that an exciting job?:hmm:
why do u collect sth
well just for fun...like a hobby

Samiun
04-10-2011, 05:10 AM
Everybody collects boogies, eye crust and ear wax!

some are more aware than others and so they do their best to remove whats being collected

The rest are oblivious, we call them homeless.
:sl: I'm pretty sure hegot this from Kids Next Door! :P

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Interesting thread!

I dont really have a collection of anything, altho there was a time i would collect food. :-\ food such as junk food and not eat it. :-\

Oh and erasers, i loved them would do anything to get them and pens. but thankfully all of this weirdness doesnt take place now.

You should display them on a shelf or if you become really bored, eat them.+o(

I agree with brother Woodrow, memories are many, you lose them and gain some more. I have a good collection of memories.

I wonder if anyone has memories of this board, that would be interesting esp if we would share them :-\

smile
04-18-2011, 11:10 AM
keyrings
badges

scraps off the floor when i travel

Endymion
04-18-2011, 01:36 PM
I usually collect flowers :statisfie I love them :statisfie I still have that beautiful bouquet of Orchids my cousin bring for me in the Hospital inspite of its dry now but im not gonna dump it :statisfie

And another thing i have is what i did not collect intentionally,but i keep it carefully.Its the removed piece of my nose bone :D My sister is scared of such things and She wanted to dump it but i did'nt let her do that.Besides,i have'nt watch it yet :D

Reflections
04-18-2011, 01:42 PM
I collect books and cards made by little kiddies for me lol

Ansariyah
04-18-2011, 01:55 PM
I dont really collect it, but I do have lots and lots of Disney winnie the pooh socks. Actually I didnt think I had so many, until someone asked me 'do you collect them'?

Its the only socks I wear!

They look exactly like this:

I love Exotic Bakelite/wood Bangles
they look like this:

Boooooks!

AslamP
04-18-2011, 07:51 PM
I collect anything and everything on Islam and inspirational readings - love it, it's good for the mind and soul!

GuestFellow
04-19-2011, 12:13 AM
or use to collect
Nothing. I would like to start collecting something because I'm bored.

Aprender
04-19-2011, 12:33 AM
When I was a child I had a pretty cool rock collection. Some pieces of meteorites. I also had a sand collection at one point when I used to go on road trips. Not sure what happened to the rocks or sand. I've always just been fascinated with the beauty of the earth.

GuestFellow
04-19-2011, 12:36 AM
I think I want to collect mirrors.

Reflections
04-19-2011, 10:04 PM
^^ Why mirrors?:/

I used to collect stationary and never would use it and then get in trouble.. :/

sabr*
04-19-2011, 10:33 PM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

We collect bookmarks from around the world.

If you have an interesting bookmark or an old bookmark let us know.

The bookmark has to have a beautiful design or theme of a country, etc.

Attachment 4245

GuestFellow
04-19-2011, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
Because I'm in love with myself.

Sunnie Ameena
04-19-2011, 11:46 PM
I collect foreign money, and rocks from different places.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-20-2011, 07:24 PM

I used to collect stationary and never would use it and then get in trouble.. :/
Thats what i did when i was a youngster :-\

I would do anything to get a eraser or a pen :hiding:

aboelwafa
04-22-2011, 03:38 AM
nothing shoes may be

Reflections
04-22-2011, 09:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Because I'm in love with myself.
Oh, Okay masha-Allah. Be sure to pray the doa' everytime you do :statisfie:

اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ حَسَّنْتَ خَلْقِي فَحَسِّنْ خُلُقِي

"O Allah, just as You have made my external features beautiful, make my character beautiful as well"

sister herb
04-22-2011, 02:16 PM
I collect food recipe books because I love to cook (welcome to dinner if you visit here sometimes). :statisfie

Also I collect hijabs - so if you come to dinner, donĀ“t forget to bring me some... :p

S.Belle
04-22-2011, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
I collect food recipe books because I love to cook (welcome to dinner if you visit here sometimes). :statisfie

do you collect different recipe books based on a certain culture (like chinese, Indian, etc) or are they just random recipes with all the cultures/styles together?

sister herb
04-22-2011, 02:42 PM
All cultures.

S.Belle
04-22-2011, 02:56 PM
do you know of a nice Indian cookbook?
I cant seem to find one that I like most of the recipes have either been fitted to suit american taste or the recipes required for you to buy things that have already been processed or canned.
I want one thats like homemade Indian cooking...i hope that makes sense

sister herb
04-22-2011, 03:25 PM
do you know of a nice Indian cookbook?
I cant seem to find one that I like most of the recipes have either been fitted to suit american taste or the recipes required for you to buy things that have already been processed or canned.
I want one thats like homemade Indian cooking...i hope that makes sense
I have one book where have a lot of Indian recipes (and also others from different Far East countries):

Taste of the East by Deh-Ta Hsiung, Rafi Fernandez, Steven Wheeler

I have this book translated to my language, but it is originally by English. Hopely this help you a little.

S.Belle
04-22-2011, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
I have one book where have a lot of Indian recipes (and also others from different Far East countries):

Taste of the East by Deh-Ta Hsiung, Rafi Fernandez, Steven Wheeler

I have this book translated to my language, but it is originally by English. Hopely this help you a little.
Jazakallah Khair :)

Reflections
04-22-2011, 04:11 PM
^^ Indian Delight..every indian household has this book lol..got every indian dish you can think of

S.Belle
04-22-2011, 04:44 PM
^^ Indian Delight..every indian household has this book lol..got every indian dish you can think of
Jazakallah Khair sis

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!