/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this picture of Lady Imam?

Flame of Hope
04-11-2011, 08:05 AM
:sl:

I received an e-mail that had pictures of ladies leading people in prayer. Upon closer inspection, I found that two of them didn't really show the woman leading anyone in prayer. However there was one picture that clearly showed a lady imam. So I'm only displaying that picture here in this post.

What do you think about it? I personally am having a hard time believing it. :heated:

I'm wondering if it was staged. ^o) or.....could it be for real?! :omg:

P.S. By the way, I can't read that Arabic...or is it Urdu? script under the photo. I have no idea what the caption says.

-------------------------------

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
04-11-2011, 08:20 AM
no its real, she and those that follow her are openly sinning and disobeying Allah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amina_Wadud

siam
04-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Perhaps the lady is the American Dr Amina Wadud? if so---It is probably an old picture--one that she did many years ago to make a point?----or something.......

Women have led women only prayers and I think there is one instance of mixed prayers led by a woman in Muslim History?---not sure if I am right.....
I have also heard of women being trained in Turkey?---or something like that-----

Flame of Hope
04-11-2011, 03:45 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
no its real, she and those that follow her are openly sinning and disobeying Allah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amina_Wadud
Wow! I didn't know that!

Did you also notice that men and women are praying side by side? :skeleton:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!