/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Friend needs help!

Hannah.
04-12-2011, 11:12 AM
One of my closest friends has seriously strayed from the Right Path. She does not carry out her obligatory duties as a Muslim, she does not dress modestly and now she's got a boyfriend. I'm trying to avoid her now, but I feel so guilty since I'm not doing anything to help her change.

I want to correct her ways.. but words don't seem to come out so instead I just try to change the topic.
I can't really say much about her parents as they're not the average type of practicing Muslims either.

I know this isn't enough. I'll be questioned about this on the Day of Judgement.. just can't get around correcting her because I know she'll ignore me and seek company
from her other so called friends.
Any advice on how to go about this? jakak'Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
04-15-2011, 11:42 AM
:sl:
she needs to see her mistakes....in other words put your advise in a way where she thinks about what she is doing...dont just make your advise direct, it may get her irritated/annoyed.

if she does get irritated, get "personal" with her. just say upfrontly and be honest how much you love her and care for her and that's whyt you are doing what you are doing.

it's sometimes worth a try to ask/find out why she is acting like this. if she isn't practicing, maybe her environment around her isn't the best and she needs good people around her? if she's around boys, maybe she wishes for marriage...perhaps her non-practicing ways are signs that she needs help and that she has deeper issues. so sometimes, in order to help someone change, you need to address the personal/emotional issues.

also, does she have someone she trusts and looks up to...how about try talking to them to talk to her?

Dagless
04-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Just straight out ask her why she stopped doing those things. Other than that you can set a good example and invite her to do the things you do. Like when it's time to pray or if you're going to an Islamic lecture etc. I wouldn't overburden yourself with it though. Some people are very practicing, some aren't, some become more practicing later, some less; that's just life.

Hamza Asadullah
05-17-2011, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hannah.
One of my closest friends has seriously strayed from the Right Path. She does not carry out her obligatory duties as a Muslim, she does not dress modestly and now she's got a boyfriend. I'm trying to avoid her now, but I feel so guilty since I'm not doing anything to help her change.

I want to correct her ways.. but words don't seem to come out so instead I just try to change the topic.
I can't really say much about her parents as they're not the average type of practicing Muslims either.

I know this isn't enough. I'll be questioned about this on the Day of Judgement.. just can't get around correcting her because I know she'll ignore me and seek company
from her other so called friends.
Any advice on how to go about this? jakak'Allah
Asalaamu Alaikum, how are things with you and your friend now?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!