/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please help me to understand

LauraB
04-12-2011, 05:29 PM
So.. I was reading the quaran today (english copy) & read through a few sura's saying about good deed's will be paid back with good rewards & then i read something about a reward of virgin companions.

I was under the impression that if we are granted a space into paradise.. we'd be with the one's we loved aslong as they believed in Allah too.. I wouldn't want my future husband with virgin companions!! I would like to think he would still only be with me :(

I may read this wrong.. but please can somebody help me to understand what this really means??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S.Belle
04-12-2011, 05:43 PM
We will be with the ones we love (that belive in Allah) in Paradise inshallah
I remember reading somewhere that once we get into Paradise (inshallah) the feeling of jealousy will be removed from our hearts.... But seriously think about it as long as we are in Paradise who cares what the men get...

LauraB
04-12-2011, 05:45 PM
So what do us girls get?

S.Belle
04-12-2011, 05:55 PM
While a man will get many Hurs in jannah, a women would be made the queen of Jannah. Her beauty will far outshine the beauty of the hurs.

Umme Salamah R.A narrates that she said to Rasûlullah SAW "O Rasûlullah, are the women of this world superior or the hûrs?" He replied, "The women of this world will have superiority over the hûrs just as the outer lining of a garment has superiority over the inner lining."

Umme Salamah R.A then asked, "O Rasûlullah, what is the reason for this?" He answered, "Because they performed salâh, fasted, and worshipped [Allah]. Allah will put light on their faces and silk on their bodies. [The human women] will be fair in complexion and will wear green clothing and yellow jewelry. Their incense-burners will be made of pearls and their combs will be of gold. They will say, 'We are the women who will stay forever and we will never die. We are the women who will always remain in comfort and we will never undergo difficulty. We are the women who will stay and we will never leave. Listen, we are happy women and we will never become sad. Glad tidings to those men for whom we are and who are for us.'" (Tabrânî)

Muhammed ibn Ka'b Al-Qurazi t narrates from a person of the Ansâr (people of Madînah) that Rasûlullah SAW said, "I take the oath of that Being who sent me with the truth, you are not more acquainted with your wives and houses than the people of Jannat. A person of Jannat will come to 72 wives which Allah specially created in Jannat (hûrs) and 2 human wives. The human wives will have virtue over the [hûrs] because they worshipped Allah in the world.(Targheeb Vol.4 Pg.534)

This will be the high position of the women of the world in Jannah.

If a women had more than one husband, she will choose which one of them to stay with, and she will choose the one with the best character. As for those women who never married or their husband were mushriks, they will be allowed to marry whichever worldly man, they so wish, in Jannah. Thus every man in Jannah will have 2 wives from the world.

If we have full conviction in Allah's promise that he will fulfil our every desire in Jannah, then instead of worrying about what they will get in jannah, the women should concentrate their endeavours on pleasing Allah and thus getting to Jannah. As for pleasing us in Jannah, That is Allah responsibility, so he will do His and we should do ours. The greatest pleasure in Jannah for men and women will be the very pleasure of Allah. Everything else will be secondary.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
LauraB
04-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Thank you :)

Alpha Dude
04-12-2011, 05:59 PM
I've read that the wife of this world would be more superior to the hoors. This article to my understanding is conveying the correct information: http://www.scribd.com/doc/4851831/Su...annah-Paradise

LauraB
04-12-2011, 06:16 PM
I guess it will take me some time to understand this part.. I just don't see why 72 wives would be a reward & vice versa..! When one person is enough.. Hmm

Sunnie Ameena
04-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Personally, I would be so happy to be in Paradise with Allah, that it is of no importance who someone else is with. Thoughts like that don't even cross my mind, because Allah is most important.

LauraB
04-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Does it make me a bad question to ask? Sunnie I hope oneday I will be as strong in my faith as you are. I am not a muslim but i do hope to convert.. I just have questions.

LauraB
04-12-2011, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LauraB
Does it make me a bad question to ask? Sunnie I hope oneday I will be as strong in my faith as you are. I am not a muslim but i do hope to convert.. I just have questions.
& I meant bad person* not question lol oops..

Ghazalah
04-12-2011, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
I've read that the wife of this world would be more superior to the hoors.
Yup. There's a hadith when Aisha RA the Prophets PBUH wife also asked the same question as you, the hadith went along the lines of "becasue we women worshipped Allah SWT, and they didn't (the 72 virgins) then they will be nothing compared to us." Don't worry, your future husband will only have eyes for you, both this life and the next inshAllah :D

I guess it will take me some time to understand this part.. I just don't see why 72 wives would be a reward & vice versa..! When one person is enough.. Hmm
Islam understand the nature of men, they are visually stimulated, having something so pure and beautiful is something they desire, having it more than once is of course heaven for them.

Does it make me a bad question to ask?
Why would it be bad? Islam has nothing to hide, it has an answer for everything. Also never follow anything blindly, ask if you're in doubt. Just like the Prophet Ibrahim did to Allah SWT. :)

LauraB
04-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks Ghazalah.. I like how you have explained it! :) So far, i've had no doubts apart from this part. But I guess i should try not to worry.. what will be will be!

Ummu Sufyaan
04-13-2011, 02:24 AM
Greetings,

i see it this way: Allah rewards his servants however He pleases.

second off, i dont think its really the women of jannah that is the concern. its the man's fault for being attracted to her. A man should love his wife enough to be with her in the hereafter, despite what other women may be there....If he really was a man was worth getting jealous over that is...

dont mind me, im a bit of a "man-hunter." :hiding:

Danah
04-13-2011, 09:52 AM
:sl:

Here is what we will get in Paradise:
http://www.protectedpearl.com/womeni....htm#544146015

:w:

Sunnie Ameena
04-14-2011, 06:12 PM
I looked at the link you posted and read that it is ok for a man to beat his wife lightly. I want to be Muslim, but that I can not agree with. Is that still allowed in this day and age?

Hamza Asadullah
04-14-2011, 06:37 PM
There needs to be more clarification on this matter. If the wife committs indecency or becomes rebellious against her husband then only in exceptional circumstances is it is permissable for the husband to lightly rebuke her but NOT cause her any injury.

It is a fact that our beloved Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) never hit nor did he ever shout at any of his wives or servants. He was the best towards his wives and that is why the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) stated that the best men are those who are best to their wives.

But obviously there are some women who are out of control and become rebellious against their husbands and so for those exceptional circumstances where the husband has tried everything but nothing seems to work then it is allowed for him to lightly rebuke her not causing her any injury. For example slapping her face is forbidden.

So if she is rebuked she should be rebuked in such a way that does not leave any trace of injury on her. Hope that clarified things for you. Please continue to ask if you need any clarification on any matter at all for it is asking questions which will rid us of any misconceptions we may have.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Sunnie Ameena
04-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Thank you very much for answering my question. I guess I am just confused because I was told that women are treated equal if not better by Muslim men, but yet if they do something wrong they can be lightly hit. What happens if the man does something indecent?

MSalman
04-14-2011, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunnie
Thank you very much for answering my question. I guess I am just confused because I was told that women are treated equal if not better by Muslim men, but yet if they do something wrong they can be lightly hit. What happens if the man does something indecent?
1 - May Allah quickly bring you to Islam sister, ameen.

2 - Equality isn't the right word in Islam because definition and implication of it is very subjective. The correct words are justly/fairly. Islam treats both genders justly and fairly. There just can't be equality between men and women because they're inherently two different genders.

3 - Let's keep in mind that we need to make a distinction between Muslims and Islam. Not every Muslim practices Islam as it should be.

4 - I understand that as a woman these issues concern you but remember that validity of a religion is not based on these secondary issues or rules. Rather a religion is true or false based on its creed and mythology. So from that perspective, it's really absurd for example if someone says "I believe Islam is false religion because it says you cannot eat pork". Also remember that rules within a religion is based upon following premises 1) there is a God, 2) He is all knowing, most wise and just and 3) religion is true. So if one accepts all these three premises then rest just follows it. I am not saying that don't ask questions if you're confused or need clarification but what I'm trying to say that every ruling in Islamic jurisprudence is based on those three premises. Not every ruling has an answer to our "why". And we could try to come up with reasons to say why a certain ruling is justified or what is wisdom behind it but that's about it.

5 - Lightly hit isn't the right word again, it's more like a light tap.

6 - No, there's no such thing as "lightly hit the husband if he does something indecent" if that's what you're looking for.

Sunnie Ameena
04-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Thank you Islamiclife for answering me so quickly. I see that I have alot of learning yet to do. I have a package of books on there way here to me. It should be here in a day or two and then I will have a lot of reading to do. I have to say, that I did not know that there was a difference between Islam and Muslim. Can you explain the difference to me, please? I see where people say they converted to Islam, and I automatically assumed that meant they becoming Muslim. Sunnie

Futuwwa
04-14-2011, 09:17 PM
So.. I was reading the quaran today (english copy) & read through a few sura's saying about good deed's will be paid back with good rewards & then i read something about a reward of virgin companions.

I was under the impression that if we are granted a space into paradise.. we'd be with the one's we loved aslong as they believed in Allah too.. I wouldn't want my future husband with virgin companions!! I would like to think he would still only be with me :(

I may read this wrong.. but please can somebody help me to understand what this really means??
Technically, the word the Quran uses for "virgin" in the context in question is gender-neutral. It's not an issue of exclusive male entitlement. Allah wants us to be happily married, the virgins of paradise are married to those who enter it unmarried. There is a hadith, as far as I remember, that says that nobody will be a single in heaven.

Hamza Asadullah
04-14-2011, 10:45 PM
Islam is a natural way of life. Both male and female have their own rights according to their biological and physical make up. So for example a women has the right to be provided for and her needs looked after by her husband and if she earns then it is hers and she does not even have to give any of it to her husband. But the husband has to provide for her and his money goes towards looking after her needs and requirements.

So both genders have their own rights so there are some rights women have over men which men do not have and some rights which men have over women which women do not have. But what you should know that the rights that men and women have over each other are completely fair and just.

That is why countless people accept Islam everyday because everything makes complete sense and as you learn more and more you will realise without a doubt that it is a superiour and unique way of life ordained from the creator himself. It is the only way to eternal success so let us implement every aspect of it into our lives and please the one who created us and be ever thankful to him for guiding us to the truth.

Sunnie Ameena
04-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Ok, so I make sure I have it correct. Islam is a way of life, and Muslim is a religion. Now my question also is.... can a person be one without the other, or do the two things have to be together? I hope this doesn't sound dumb. I always say, if you don't know something, then ask, cause that is the only way to learn. Sunnie

Danah
04-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Ok, so I make sure I have it correct. Islam is a way of life, and Muslim is a religion. Now my question also is.... can a person be one without the other, or do the two things have to be together? I hope this doesn't sound dumb. I always say, if you don't know something, then ask, cause that is the only way to learn. Sunnie
Islam is a way of life. Muslim is the person who follows that way of life.

How can a person call himself a Muslim if he is not fulfilling the condition for holding such name? Like if I am a teacher yet I don't teach anyone! it won't make any sense. I have to teach others so I can be called a teacher. The same thing for Muslim, no one can call himself a Muslim while he follows or believe in another religion.

I hope this answer your question sis.

MSalman
04-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Thank you Islamiclife for answering me so quickly.
you're welcome sister

I have to say, that I did not know that there was a difference between Islam and Muslim. Can you explain the difference to me, please?
Sorry to confuse you and sister danah clarified it above. I was trying to say that we shouldn't look at Muslims to conclude that something is part of Islam. Rather we should directly go to Islam. Because not every Muslim follows Islam 100%. I hope this clears the confusion

And May Allah Ta'ala make your journey to Islam easier, ameen

Sunnie Ameena
04-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Thank you for explaining that. I understand it now.

Futuwwa
04-17-2011, 11:04 AM
On that topic, it's worth noting that in the Quran, the beating is the third step after admonition first, and refusing to share his wife's bed second. It takes persistent immoral behaviour from the wife, and a very morally upright husband, to get to the point where the beating would be relevant. How many of the wife-beaters of this world do you think would deprive their wife (and themselves) of sex to protest her immoral behaviour? It's pretty safe to say that at least 99% of all the wife-beatings that actually happen in the world would not be permissible according to the standards set by the Quran.

Ghazalah
04-17-2011, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
the beating is the third step
You must read the tafsir and the hadith which go hand-in-hand with the ayah, you cannot use the ayah alone. The ayah uses the word iḍribūhunna there are various definitions of this, linguistically and symobollically. It can mean to hit, to seperate, to cover and so forth.

The vast majority of the scholars have referred to the meaning of it as 'strike lightly' not beat.

Looking at the hadith the Prophet PBUH said if the husband was to refer to striking the wife, what should he use? Fists? Feet? Batton? Baseball bat? No, a miswak

and it's not to be used in sensitive areas ( face, chest area stomach) it's not to leave a mark either, the purpose is symbolically, to bring shame on the wife for her improper conduct.

Futuwwa
04-17-2011, 02:19 PM
I accept your admonition, sister. I hope you can see from my post that it was by no means intended to be an endorsal of wife-beating.

Ghazalah
04-17-2011, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
I accept your admonition, sister. I hope you can see from my post that it was by no means intended to be an endorsal of wife-beating.
Just shedding some light on your post, for those who may interpret it wrongly :)

SAKER
04-24-2011, 04:48 AM
Hi LauraB,

I understand you perfectly ,and i can tell you that there in Janah we certainly get all that we want.
You could met your family your husband I´´ M QUITE SURE OF THAT

SAKER
05-03-2011, 10:21 AM
But that could happens in extreme conditions or exceptional cases

I mean that as far as one could go. please note that Islam is message for all people and cultures in all over the world ,Africa ,Asia...

BUt i belive that it is a exceptional in situations ....

SAKER
05-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Hamza you ´r ..very good ..your answers too congratulation

AishaRayann
05-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Sunnie..be careful where you take your advice and knowledge from..if its not backed up by Quran or Hadith..its garbage and innovation. I've never heard that anywhere.

ProudMuslimSis
05-12-2011, 09:23 PM
You never know ... the 72 other wives could end up being your maids. ;) That would be heaven! Just kidding.

ProudMuslimSis
05-12-2011, 09:40 PM
But, on a serious note, as exemplified by the conduct and manners of the Brothers in Islam on this forum, Sisters in Islam are respected and honored. A Muslim man will always defend the honor of his wife, mother, and sisters, and the last thing on his mind would be to cause them harm.

Hamza Asadullah
05-12-2011, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ProudMuslimSis
But, on a serious note, as exemplified by the conduct and manners of the Brothers in Islam on this forum, Sisters in Islam are respected and honored. A Muslim man will always defend the honor of his wife, mother, and sisters, and the last thing on his mind would be to cause them harm.
There is NO religion, faith, creed, group or people in the whole history of mankind from the first man until the last who has and who will honour women and give them the high status they deserve than Islam and truly practising Muslim men.

Anyone who says otherwise are either liars or they clearly know NOT about what Islam teaches regarding conduct towards women.

Any Muslim men who treat women badly are going against the teachings of Islam and are not practising Islam properly because if they were then they would know to treat women the best just like Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) did and just like Islam teaches us to.

And Allah knows best in all matters

abjad
05-12-2011, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by

;1428018

I was under the impression that if we are granted a space into paradise.. we'd be with the one's we loved aslong as they believed in Allah too.. I wouldn't want my future husband with virgin companions!! I would like to think he would still only be with me

i think it dosent need so much saying to understand; Why!! ...because if you would have thought if you be IN Hell with whom would you like to be with your ....etc?

al yunan
05-13-2011, 08:39 PM
I wouldn't want my future husband with virgin companions!! I would like to think he would still only be with me I may read this wrong.. but please can somebody help me to understand what this really means??
Salam dear sister Laura,

One of the key issues of being in Heaven is that your earthly character will not follow you and you will only remember pleasant things about your earthly life.
Inshallah you make it to heaven none of your Ego traits will exist therefore no jealousy, possessiveness, dislikes, phobias e.t.c all gone.
When you Inshallah learn more about Islam you will realise why so much emphasis is placed on developing Islamic Sifa (character traits) and Adab (Islamic manners) to make one a better person and Muslim.
Believe me it will all become clear to you in time.
Patience sister patience.

Best wishes and may Allah S.W.T open your heart to His truth.
Masalam

Ali Mujahidin
05-14-2011, 01:55 AM
:sl:

A long time ago, (well, more than thirty years can be considered as a long time, right?) when I was full of questions about Islam (and I am even more full of even more questions about Islam now but that's another story), I asked an ustaz how we will look like in janna. Will we, I asked him, look old or young?

The ustaz, Allah blessed him with hidayah, told me that in akhirah, we are no longer in this dimension and therefor things which we consider to be real in this world no longer apply. So how we look and the idea of old and young does not apply in janna.

Once, I tuned in to BBC World Service and listened to a phone-in radio program about Islam. Someone called in and asked the ustaz on air whether it was true that we would meet Allah in janna. The ustaz said that it was not possible because to say that we would meet Allah in janna would mean that janna is bigger than Allah. Nothing can be bigger than Allah, of course.

So why does the Quran talk about such things like trees and flowing rivers in janna?

As an experiment, try explaining to a small child of, say, three years of age, about the sensation of orgasm and you will begin to have a very rough understanding of what I am talking about.

The Quran is meant as a guide book for all of us to use until kiamat. Therefor it has to explain things in the unseen dimension in a way which we can understand. Janna is described as a place with trees, flowing rivers and houris so that it is easy for us to visualize janna.

As a very rough analogy, let's say the reward for salaah is described as twenty-seven twirling lights of forty-three different colors blinking and flashing in seventy-two different random patterns. I think even Albert Einstein would have a problem visualizing that.

For myself, I find that the reward promised by Islam is already evident when I try my best to practice Islam as closely as I humanly can. Whatever awaits me in janna, only Allah knows. Whether I even get to janna at all is totally up to Allah. After, what right has a slave to make demands of his master? So what right have I, as an insignificant creation, to demand anything of my Rabb, my creator?

Please do not make the mistake committed by so many people. So many people have created their god in their own image so much so that they cannot see the absurdity of worshiping a god who goes to the toilet just like they do.

So if you are sincere about wanting to know more about Islam, I heartily recommend that you learn by doing. For example, what's so wonderful about performing salaah? Only way to really find out is to perform salaah. After all, you don't have to pay a million-dollar membership fee up front to be a Muslim. You don't even have to be a Muslim to learn how to perform salaah. So give it a try.

May Allah bless you with the nur of hidayah. Ameen, ameen, ya Rabbil alamin. AlhamduliLLahi Rabbil alamin.

Flame of Hope
05-14-2011, 05:05 AM
So what do us girls get?
If men get houris, what do girls, women get in Paradise?

Let me ask....how does the idea of having the same reward that the men get appeal to you?

I can imagine that reward being given to a man but I can't imagine the same thing being given to a woman. A man can have many wives but the thought of one woman having many husbands is a repulsive idea.

It's sufficient for me to know that women will enjoy the highest levels of dignity and have all that their hearts desire in Paradise. And Allah, the Most Great and Most Just surely knows what would please women....and each individual woman who makes it to Paradise. :)

al yunan
05-14-2011, 05:29 AM
Salam to all,

I once saw an old cowboy movie and in one scene an Indian comes across a dead white man wearing glasses.
The Indian took the glasses and put them on and commented in disgust as to how stupid and crazy are these white people for the world is so beautiful and yet they put on these contraptions and distort it all.

I think some of us are wearing those glasses to look at heaven in our minds.

May Allah S.W.T protect us from the illusion of this life
Masalam

Perseveranze
05-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Women get whatever they want. Pretty sure the Quran explicitly states "men AND WOMEN will get what they want in Paradise".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!