/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Non Muslim Friends

Qasid
04-13-2011, 04:50 AM
How do you tell your friends that you have been friends for 7+ years that you really dont want to hang out with them anymore? The thing is that before i turned muslim I used to do things that were haraam of course, and now that I am sincere in my deen all I do is for the worship of allah .And they still are interested in things that are haraam. Such as smoking, fighting, fornication etc. Alhumduallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
04-15-2011, 11:48 AM
:sl:
i guess its best to try preach to them first.

maybe you dont need to tell them? i thought when you outgrow friends, you just naturally drift apart.

Hamza Asadullah
05-16-2011, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qasid
How do you tell your friends that you have been friends for 7+ years that you really dont want to hang out with them anymore? The thing is that before i turned muslim I used to do things that were haraam of course, and now that I am sincere in my deen all I do is for the worship of allah .And they still are interested in things that are haraam. Such as smoking, fighting, fornication etc. Alhumduallah
Asalaamu Alaikum, I don't even think you need to explicitly tell them that you do not want to associate with them anymore because you still want to keep a friendly manner with them in order to give them dawah in the future but you should just simply distance yourself from them in that you should not hang around with them anymore especially when they are partaking in evil vices and if they call you out then tell them that you do not wish to partake in such vices as your new way of life does not allow it. Eventually they will get the picture that you do not wosh to partake in such vices anymore.

If they do ask you why you do not hang around with them anymore then just say that you are going towards your lord and that you are wanting to abstain from all the vices that you were invovled with before because your new way of life does not allow it. Tell them why you have left that life behind and tell them about Islam and how you came about accepting it. Tell the it is nothing like how it is portrayed in the media. So certainly keep your ex-friends at a distance and on good terms so that you can give them dawah here and there whenever you get an opportunity.

You can also send them e mails here and there giving them dawah and whenever you see them around you can talk to them about your faith. So do not totally cut yourself off from them but keep them at a distance from you so that you can still give them dawah inviting them towards Islam whenever you can here and there.

If yuo need any help with anything at all then please do not hesitate to ask.

May Allah help you with your journey, give guidance to your family and friends and give you the best of this world and the next. Ameen

Here are some wonderful resources for you and which you can use for dawah purposes:

Free E books on Islam

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134306218

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!