/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Charitable Acts :)

missy
04-13-2011, 09:36 AM
:sl:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said:

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Every joint of a person must perform a charity each day that the sun rises: to judge justly between two people is a charity. To help a man with his mount, lifting him onto it or hoisting up his belongings onto it, is a charity. And the good word is a charity. And every step that you take towards the prayer is a charity, and removing a harmful object from the road is a charity.”

(al-Bukhari and Muslim)

So lets hasten to do good deeds!! :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Innocent Soul
12-23-2011, 01:52 PM
:bump1:

Marina-Aisha
12-27-2011, 04:22 PM
does it count if u put a few buck or two in charity box when ur out shopping? or do u need to give more?

- Qatada -
12-27-2011, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina28
does it count if u put a few buck or two in charity box when ur out shopping? or do u need to give more?
the more you give, the more reward you get on Judgment Day.. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Marina-Aisha
12-27-2011, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
the more you give, the more reward you get on Judgment Day.. :)
oooh okay but isnt there certain amount ur surpose to give?i swear i read 1.7% or something?

- Qatada -
12-27-2011, 06:32 PM
Yeh when you're Muslim, you HAVE to give 2.5% of all your money you have saved up in a lunar Islamic year (which is slightly a smaller year than the solar years we use in the west.) That has alot of reward from Allah, and anything you give more than that in charity will give you more reward from Allah in this life and the next.

Abz2000
12-27-2011, 06:51 PM
yeah, 2.5% of what you've saved, not what you earned and spent on your kids

Marina-Aisha
12-28-2011, 12:03 AM
Ooh thanx

ardianto
12-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Excuse me sis, bro,

That's hadith is not about zakat but about good deed which we can do every time. In example, when we see an old person want to cross the street we must help him/her, when someone ask an address we must tell him/her the route if we know or we help him/her to find another person who know that address, when we see trash on the floor/street we throw it into waste basket, and many other good deeds we can do everyday.

Marina-Aisha
12-28-2011, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Excuse me sis, bro,

That's hadith is not about zakat but about good deed which we can do every time. In example, when we see an old person want to cross the street we must help him/her, when someone ask an address we must tell him/her the route if we know or we help him/her to find another person who know that address, when we see trash on the floor/street we throw it into waste basket, and many other good deeds we can do everyday.
ooh okay i understand nw

Crystal
12-28-2011, 02:39 PM
I also read in a hadith that smiling to someone is an act of charity, I believe it to be true - you know when you are having a really bad day and then someone smiles at you and it makes you feel better

Huzzy_786
01-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Jazakallah for this ... Really useful!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!