/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Catholic Nun Removed from Plane lol

Beardo
04-14-2011, 03:27 AM
April 5, 2011 DAYTON, OH - Sister Cora-Ann, a Catholic nun from the Our Lady of Grace Monastery in Dayton, Ohio got the surprise of her life yesterday, when she was asked to leave the plane she had just boarded at the Omaha International Airport. "I had just sat down in my seat, and started to thank God for our blessings and recite a prayer in Latin", she recalled, when one of the passengers sitting next to me called the flight attendant. The passenger was Elizabeth Bennet, who later stated: "It is not that we were prejudiced, but she did seem very suspicious. She was dressed in Muslim garb and just before we were about to take off, she started mumbling something in an Arabian or Talibani-sounding language. What was I supposed to do?" Damien Thorn was a passenger seated in the adjacent row and said: "I knew there was something sinister about her, the moment she stepped into the plane. She was wearing those burqa clothes that you see the Iranian women wearing, and she only had a very small carry-on bag." The flight attendant responded to the call and asked Sister Cora-Ann for her name, boarding pass and a photo ID.

Blanche Dubois was another passenger sitting close to Sister Cora-Ann and explained: "Once I heard that her name sounded like Koran, I got worried. That does not mean that there is anything wrong with me, does it? I just did not want to die. I was so scared, that I just yelled out her name to all passengers." Mr. Okonkwo was a passenger seated a few rows behind and stated: "Once we all heard that the passenger's name was Koran, things started falling apart." Frodo Baggins, a frequent traveler, said he had heard that Muslims do not eat beef. "I did not think that she was Muslim, and to help her out, I took out some of my beef jerky and asked the lady to eat it to prove that she was not a Muslim."

However, Sister Cora-Ann politely refused the beef jerky and reminded the other passengers that it was the time of Lent, during which Catholics often abstain from eating meat. The unrest in the plane kept growing, because most passengers were now convinced that Sister Cora-Ann was indeed Muslim and they demanded that Sister Cora-Ann leave the plane. "I did not want to cause my fellow humans any distress, so I left the plane", she said.

"We were so happy that we could continue our journey", said Frodo Baggins. "Once she de-boarded, it felt like a huge burden was lifted from us." Apparently, there was indeed a Muslim on the plane, by the name of Abdullah Abdullah the 23rd, sitting in the last row. "Of course I knew that she was a Catholic nun and not a Muslim, because I went to a Catholic school and my favorite teachers were Catholic nuns." Abdullah Abdullah went on to say "But let us face it: If you are a Muslim on a plane and someone else is being asked to leave the plane, the best thing is to be quiet and enjoy the show!"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jalees..._b_843485.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PouringRain
04-14-2011, 03:47 AM
That's funny...... good satire.

Verdetequiero
04-14-2011, 04:03 AM
It's satire.

PouringRain
04-14-2011, 04:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Verdetequiero
It's satire.

I know. That is why I wrote it in white in my previous post........ but now you have ruined Beardo's joke.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
04-14-2011, 05:00 AM
I didn't even know it was fake. ;|

Dagless
04-14-2011, 05:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Verdetequiero
It's satire.
Captain Obvious strikes again.

It was good though.

edit:

format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
And after I just called Verdetequiero Captain Obvious :(
Come on; Frodo Baggins?! (and Blanche Dubois, but you might be too young for that one).

Verdetequiero
04-14-2011, 05:24 AM
No one is too young for a Street Car Named Desire.

Ramadhan
04-14-2011, 06:03 AM

come one!

Elizabeth Bennet who in the article says "it's not that we were prejudiced", who is actually a character from "Pride and Prejudice"? I thought it was really clever and hilarious
also, Damien Thorn, the 666 character from the Omen? who in the article says "there was something sinister"??
Frodo Baggins? a frequent traveler? I laughed my *** off when I was reading that part.
Abdullah Abdullah the 23rd??

I was thinking this must have been from the onion until I read it was actually from the huffingtonpost

GuestFellow
04-14-2011, 09:38 AM
I would love to see this on the Onion News.

Zuzubu
04-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Wth is that?

elina
04-14-2011, 10:38 AM
lol i was believing that until it mentioned Damien Thorn... good one :)

Cabdullahi
04-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Arabian or Talibani-sounding language

Ghazalah
04-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Frodo Baggins :giggling:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-14-2011, 11:34 AM
April 5, 2011 DAYTON, OH - Sister Cora-Ann :-\ couldnt be harder to figure this one out :-\

because its 14th April 2011 today and not the 5th, they almost caught us with the '2011' part :skeleton:

Muslim Woman
04-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Salaam

lol , this is a joke ? I thought it's real.

aadil77
04-14-2011, 01:31 PM
although its satire, it sounds like a perfectly normal day in america

Ramadhan
04-14-2011, 01:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
although its satire, it sounds like a perfectly normal day in america

exactly. That's why the satire is genius.

Muezzin
04-15-2011, 09:30 PM
My sarcasm detector is wonky.

That was sarcasm, right?

Raaina
04-15-2011, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Arabian or Talibani-sounding language
I can actually believe some people would say something like that... lol great joke though! :D

AslamP
04-17-2011, 03:59 PM
That's what happens when we follow the teachings of our corrupted leaders and are guided by the mainstream media; we become ignorant fools! All religions have somethings in common, one of them is respect. Instead of the nun, the passengers complaining should have been hauled of the plane! I bet if there was a devil worshiper on the plane and started his/her mambo-jumbo to their deity, no one would've had a problem.

Ghazalah
04-17-2011, 04:01 PM
^It was a joke :hmm:

Ramadhan
04-18-2011, 03:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AslamP
I bet if there was a devil worshiper on the plane and started his/her mambo-jumbo to their deity, no one would've had a problem.

There was indeed a devil worshiper on the plane, and his name is Damien Thorn.

maryambintjared
04-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Funny!!! I must say though, I was taught by nuns, and I find them quite the sinister bunch of militant penguins.

Haya emaan
04-30-2011, 09:21 PM
i thought it was real until i went through the others comments on it...:hmm:

Futuwwa
04-30-2011, 11:39 PM
That might have been satire, but this story isn't, and it's almost as bad. Posted in entirety because I'm not eligible to post links yet.

Do you know what this idiotic anti-Cordoba House crusade has done? It has poisoned the atmosphere at Ground Zero, one of America’s most important places. Ground Zero is a giant open pit in the ground that has remained a sad hole surrounded by ugly temporary fencing for nearly a decade because of 21st century America’s complete and utter inability to build or do anything at all complicated, which is why we all live in the crumbling ruins of the earlier civilization that spawned us. Normally the streetscape around this sacred construction site is hallowed by street vendors selling tacky Twin Towers trinkets and tourists with fanny packs, who only got there after asking a dozen New Yorkers “where 9/11 is,” grinning like idiots for pictures. But now this sacred space has been invaded by people protesting the renovation of a Burlington Coat Factory two blocks away. Are these people spectacularly dumb? Find out after the jump! (SPOILER ALERT: They are.)
A gaggle of protesters has descended on the site to make their anti-mosque feelings known. Although the liberal media would have you think that such protesters would be exclusively white, the gaggle was actually quite diverse! Or at least it was to start with.
At one point, a portion of the crowd menacingly surrounded two Egyptian men who were speaking Arabic and were thought to be Muslims.
“Go home,” several shouted from the crowd.
“Get out,” others shouted.
In fact, the two men — Joseph Nassralla and Karam El Masry — were not Muslims at all. They turned out to be Egyptian Coptic Christians who work for a California-based Christian satellite TV station called “The Way.” Both said they had come to protest the mosque.
“I’m a Christian,” Nassralla shouted to the crowd, his eyes bulging and beads of sweat rolling down his face. But it was no use. The protesters had become so angry at what they thought were Muslims that New York City police officers had to rush in and pull Nassralla and El Masry to safety.
“I flew nine hours in an airplane to come here,” a frustrated Nassralla said afterward.
Sorry, Mr. Nas-ralluh, but real American Christians don’t cotton to the Monophysite heresy! Affirm the Council of Chalcedon or get the **** out.
But don’t think that the protestors only had negative things to say. They also had some constructive ideas!
“A Mosque at Ground Zero Spits on the Graves of 9/11,” one placard proclaimed. Another sign depicted a toilet, with this message: “This is a Mosque. Do You Want it Built at Ground Zero?”
It’s true! The area around Ground Zero has been sorely lacking in bathroom facilities. Once the protesters get that new restroom station built, you should go down there yourself to experience the glory and the pageantry and help restore a bit of calm to the neighborhood. If you need assistance, read the informative eHow article entitled “How to Visit Ground Zero in New York City.” (“1. Find out exactly where Ground Zero is located.”) [NorthJersey.com]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!