/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to spend your holidays?

Innocent Soul
04-14-2011, 05:35 AM
Assalamualikum

I just wanted to know how do you utilize your free time? My holidays are near .So, I wanted some tips. I searched on the forums but there was no thread on how to utilise free time :><:. If there is then please give me the link. I am planning to learn the last part (30th) of the Quran because I have already learned some surahs (Alhamdullillah):) . Inshallah I'll be reading all the long threads of Br.Hamzah about nafil prayers.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Aleena
04-14-2011, 06:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
Inshallah I'll be reading all the long threads of Br.Hamzah about nafil prayers.
and also the sunnah one:)

This year, no holidays for me:(

Ghazalah
04-14-2011, 11:55 AM
-Do some exercise, join the gym, keeps you occupied and very good for you.

-Take a trip to the library and get a load of books.

-Shopping.

-Might not be up your street, but I like to learn a few hadiths everytime I'm free, so maybe hadith books might be good.

-Shopping.

-Spend some time with your parents, nice quality time inshAllah, go out and do things together.

-Find a job :p

-Shopping.

Hannah.
04-14-2011, 12:33 PM
- Chill out with friends/family
- Volunteer somewhere or find a job if you want moneyzz
- Get closer to Allah (swt) by reading more Islamic books, listen to some lectures, pray sunnah/nawafil rakats, memorize and ponder over the verses of the Holy Quran
- As Sister Ghazalah rightly said and emphasized, SHOP!
- Find yourself a hobby

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Innocent Soul
04-16-2011, 08:44 AM
:bump1:

I am expecting some more ideas. :ermm:

AmineH
04-16-2011, 02:04 PM
salaam

I must study my lessons every day and every night( and on holidays)because I'm a student.
I can't have a rest .
please, everyone make dua for me.

Beardo
04-16-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm on Spring Break right now, just started yesterday. I'm making a plan of things I want to accomplish during this break. We'll see how it goes, insha-Allah! :)

Ummshareef
04-17-2011, 05:33 PM
:wa:

Mashallah learning the 30th Juz is an excellent way to spend some time in your holidays. May Allah subhana wa ta'alaa make it easy for you.

When I have more time than usual at my disposal, I generally try to fill the extra time with ibadah, especially salah and reading Qu'ran. As well as making sure I pray all sunnah and nafl rakats, I usually try to pray salat-ul-tasbih every day and spend a lot more time making dua. I also try to pray 8 rakats tahajjud with some lovely long surahs and maybe listen to some lectures (I have a backlog that I am trying to catch up on). I also like to spend more time with the kids helping them with their memorisation and maybe spend some time sewing a nice mashallah abaya or cooking something special for the family. I do find just opening the Qu'ran at a random page very relaxing, so I do a lot of that. I might I also like to get oudoors with the family and, as a treat, go horse riding.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!