/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Kind Treatment of Parents in Old Age

cyber
04-14-2011, 05:15 PM
It is narrated that the Prophet, peace be upon him (PBUH), repeated’ “May he be humbled (or cursed),” three times. When he was asked to whom was he referring, he said, “The on who witnesses one or both parents live to old age, and does not enter Paradise (by not serving them and not treating them with ihsan)”. (Muslim)

With the advancements in modern medicine and nutrition, more people are living longer now, then ever before. Because of this, Western societies are faced with the task of caring for more and more elderly people. About 2.2 million friends and relatives care for 1.6 million elderly loved ones in the United States. Those numbers can only increase, says Shirley O’Bryant, family relations researcher at Ohio State University. The number of adult children who must care for their elderly parents is also growing, she says. More than 80 percent of couples in their 50s and 60s today have at least one living parent, compared to less than 50 percent at the beginning of the century. “Also, today’s young couples are having fewer children than in past generations,” O”Bryant says. “Fever people have brothers and sisters with whom they’ll be able to share the responsibility of their parent care.” As life spans get longer, this problem will only become more prevalent.

Read More islam.cyberfeeder.com/2011/04/14/kind-treatment-of-parents-in-old-age/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Revert 2010
04-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Salaam, I think it's paramount to look after my parents in their old age in my personal view and in laws if I met the right person as well. I suppose it can be difficult with work commitments but I alway make sure my parents are looked after. I shouldn't admit to be being a bit of a mummy's boy lol

AslamP
04-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Prophet sure was right! We all owe a lot to our parents; personally, i really hope my parents live to be a thousand! Of course, I hope they remain healthy and happy, but if they need care, they can count on my brothers and I to give them respect, love and all the care they need! Google this "The Population Reduction Agenda for Dummies." This is a must read, the evidence is staggering! Thanks for posting something so important and i also like the quote from the Hadith.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!