/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If Prophet Muhammad (saws) were to pay a visit to America.....

Flame of Hope
04-14-2011, 07:20 PM
If Prophet Muhammad (saws) were to pay a visit to your local masjid and stay for two days.......

What would you want to do if such a thing were to happen?

What questions would you ask him (saws)?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
04-14-2011, 09:06 PM
:sl:

The thread title reminded me of this poem:

http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...ml#post1274945

Ubeyde
04-14-2011, 09:11 PM
IF he the Prophet (SA) was alive for one day as was permitted to travel and stay in America, the whole of America if not the world would embrace Islam.. So I doubt I'd have much time with him on a 1 to 1 basis... ISA Brothers and Sisters in Islam will meet the Holy Prophet (SA) and be greeted by him before we enter Janah. I hope I am amongst those who will meet him and our Lord Allah Ta'ala. Ameen.

Ghazalah
04-14-2011, 09:39 PM
The idea of seeing the Prophet let alone meeting him gives me butterflies in my tummy. :wub:

format_quote Originally Posted by Ubeyde
ISA Brothers and Sisters in Islam will meet the Holy Prophet (SA) and be greeted by him before we enter Janah. I hope I am amongst those who will meet him and our Lord Allah Ta'ala. Ameen.
Ameen Thumma Ameen!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flame of Hope
04-15-2011, 08:52 PM

I've reworded the question from "If Prophet Muhammad (saws) were to pay a visit to America....." to

"If Prophet Muhammad (saws) were to pay a visit to your local masjid..."

I'm interested in knowing what sort of questions we would ask him if he were to visit us for two days.

tigerkhan
04-16-2011, 07:50 AM
i think i will die of happiness.........

Trumble
04-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Has anyone else read Dostoyevsky's The Brothers Karamazov; in particular the chapter ' The Grand Inquisitor'?

If you haven't please ignore this post as it will make no sense at all. If you have, it does rather make you wonder, doesn't it?

Sol Invictus
04-16-2011, 09:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
If you have, it does rather make you wonder, doesn't it?
indeed it does but my personal opinion is that unlike in the book, there sadly wouldn't be any shock as concerns his character. that said, this conversation is neither here nor there.

Muezzin
04-16-2011, 10:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Has anyone else read Dostoyevsky's The Brothers Karamazov; in particular the chapter ' The Grand Inquisitor'?

If you haven't please ignore this post as it will make no sense at all.
Alternatively, follow this link to Wikipedia.

Hmm. Interesting...

Flame of Hope
04-16-2011, 06:01 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
i think i will die of happiness.........
LOL. I think I might get close to it myself.

I couldn't afford to die....if I did, how could I ask him all those questions I got in my head? ;D

Ramadhan
04-16-2011, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
I couldn't afford to die....if I did, how could I ask him all those questions I got in my head?

Why couldnt you afford to die?
We all will die. You can ask him SAW all the questions you have in jannah InshaAllah.

Flame of Hope
04-16-2011, 08:16 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Why couldnt you afford to die?
We all will die. You can ask him SAW all the questions you have in jannah InshaAllah.
There would be no point asking questions in Jannah. I couldn't return to the world to follow the advice of the Prophet (saws).

IAmZamzam
04-16-2011, 10:31 PM
There would be no point asking questions in Jannah. I couldn't return to the world to follow the advice of the Prophet (saws).
I'd relish the chance to talk to the prophets and get to know them all the same. I mean, aren't there a lot of people you'd like to meet there?

Ramadhan
04-17-2011, 04:22 AM

We already have Qur'an and as sunnah with us.
in his last sermon, prophet Miuhammad SAW said that Allah has perfected the religion for us and that his tasks are fully completed. Everything that we need to live in this world and to fully serve Allah SWT is there in the Qur'an and sunnah.

Anyway, I am not quite sure how this hypothetical situation which is impossible to happen can help us in our deen?
There's infinitely more chance that prophet Isa (as) visits us in the masjid than prophet Muhammad SAW does.
This kind of imaginary talk remind me of how atheists would often claim "I will believe in God if God or an angel appears in front of me"
This also reminds me of WWJD (what would jesus do). Oh how they (christians) will be in a nasty surprise when prophet Isa (pbuh) will finally return to earth.

I am like Y sulaiman, I can't wait to have a chance to talk with all the prophets in jannah. Amiin yaa Robbal al amiin.

Flame of Hope
04-17-2011, 05:04 AM

Anyway, I am not quite sure how this hypothetical situation which is impossible to happen can help us in our deen?
The problems that we face in this century are very different from the problems that were faced by people 1400 years ago. If the Prophet (saws) were to visit us at our local masjid, wouldn't we have scores of questions to ask him? There are thousands of issues that scholars of today debate about. If the Prophet (saws) were here, that would be our chance to settle those issues once and for all.

One question I would like to ask him is regarding hijab and niqab. Another is regarding euthanasia and artificial insemination. I would also want to know what he (saws) has to say about taking pictures and photography.

Tyrion
04-17-2011, 05:07 AM
There's infinitely more chance that prophet Isa (as) visits us in the masjid than prophet Muhammad SAW does.
This kind of imaginary talk remind me of how atheists would often claim "I will believe in God if God or an angel appears in front of me"
Lol, chill out.. It's just a hypothetical question, meant to get people thinking and to start some fun/friendly discussion.

Flame of Hope
04-17-2011, 05:10 AM

This also reminds me of WWJD (what would jesus do). Oh how they (christians) will be in a nasty surprise when prophet Isa (pbuh) will finally return to earth.
This sounds rather negative to me. I have no idea why you should have said this. I don't see how it is relevant to this thread at all.

Ramadhan
04-17-2011, 05:18 AM
This sounds rather negative to me. I have no idea why you should have said this. I don't see how it is relevant to this thread at all.

My apology if my post sounded negative, didn't mean it to be.
I was just trying to give another perspective I guess.

Samiun
04-17-2011, 06:39 AM
:sl:, hmm maybe if the prophet :saws: visit America then the Red Indians will have a bigger population than it is now today.

in jihad
04-17-2011, 05:58 PM
If Prophet Muhammad (saws) were to pay a visit to your local masjid and stay for two days.......

What would you want to do if such a thing were to happen?

What questions would you ask him (saws)?
Assalaam alaikum.

I think I be having plenty of questions to ask.

I ask him all questions about the bid'ah people.

1. I tell him people celebrate his birthday. Is that something he (saws) recommend?

2. I ask him about what the Shia people say about him (saws) and ask him if what they say is true.

3. I also ask him about the Sufis and those people who dance round and round....can't recall what u call em exactly.

4. I ask him about ladies who want to become imam too. And about women who want to rule the country....like how Benazir Bhutto was doing.

Ummu Sufyaan
04-18-2011, 12:13 PM
i wouldn't ask him, sallahu aleyhi wa sallam, anything simply becuase he isn't even here and so i cannot comprehend something that isn't. and besides anything that needs to be asked of rasoolullah, is contained in the ayat and ahadith anyway.

yas2010
04-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Salaam Sister flame

Another beautiful question. :)

One of my questions would be how he remained paitent in the face of many trials and tribulations?

On many occassions when i have read that the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) was physically attacked he remained so paitent and when he lost he children he still remained paitent. A true example to mankind. The best of mankind. so humbling brings tears to the eyes.

tw009
04-18-2011, 02:41 PM
This topic reminded me of a video I watched...

Flame of Hope
04-18-2011, 05:10 PM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by yas2010
On many occassions when i have read that the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) was physically attacked he remained so paitent and when he lost he children he still remained paitent. A true example to mankind. The best of mankind. so humbling brings tears to the eyes.
Imagine that scenario! The Prophet (saws) to visit our local masjid!!!! Ok, my imagination is going wild here.....here's what I see.

I'm putting on my best clothes and have got a list of questions to ask him on a sheet of paper.......

The Muslim community is going berserk making preparations for his arrival. Arguments and disputes take place regarding what kind of welcome he (saws) would be most pleased with. Some say he (saws) wouldn't like too much money to be spent and that he liked simplicity in all things. Others say, "Well, this isn't exactly something that happens everyday. So let's make it lavish."

Some wise elders decide that it would be essential to have lots of ambulances and paramedics on stand by. They are aware that many people could possibly faint and die from pure happiness.

Some wise Muslim sisters go shopping to buy boxes of tissue paper. They know that most brothers and sisters would be crying and shedding plentiful tears.

The masjid would be jam packed of course. Even non-Muslims would come if they knew Prophet Muhammad (saws) was paying a visit!

And when the big day arrives and the people actually see the Prophet (saws) in front of them.......and it's time to ask him (saws) questions.....

Well........I'm wondering how anyone can ask him (saws) questions when one is overcome with supreme joy and sobbing one's heart out. I'd probably be one of those who would have to be whisked away in one of those ambulances.

AslamP
04-18-2011, 07:35 PM
I would be embarrassed to put him in any of the Masjids that I know so I'd keep him in my house. What would I want to do? Well, since I already know about the world affairs and people are not interested in fixing up the mess, most of them are just all talk; I'd ask him about all his personal encounters with spirituality that are not listed in the Quran, and I'd apply it to my life to become a better Muslim.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!