/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Account Disabled?

Dagless
04-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Did they ask for their account to be disabled?
Have they been given some kind of warning?
Have they been banned?

There used to be a 'banned' image for people who were banned and an 'account disabled by request' for those who left, but these days everyone seems to be labelled as 'account disabled'.

Can a mod clarify?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
04-15-2011, 09:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
these days everyone seems to be labelled as 'account disabled'.
There's a new thing I've noticed called "Account restricted" that I haven't seen before.
Then there's "Account disabled"
And then there's "Account disabled" but with a banned avatar.

It looks like three levels to me, in order of the severity/repitition of the violation of the forum rules. The top one seems temporary or for a first violation, the bottom one seems to be for something unforgiveable with no way the member will be allowed back. Is that correct?

Hamza Asadullah
04-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Asalaamu alaikum. Account restricted and account disabled is done by us and account disabled on request is done as requested by members. Members accounts are not restricted right away as they are first given warnings or as i like to call it naseeha and then followed by infractions and the account restriction but it really depends on the severity of the conduct and whether the person is a troll etc so every situation is different and Mods and admins will use their own descretion aswell as advice from other mods and admins about how to proceed with a given situation.

Dagless
04-15-2011, 03:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
Then there's "Account disabled"
And then there's "Account disabled" but with a banned avatar.
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
The avatar is set to 'Account disabled on request' if the member requested it. If they are out for trolling/breaking forum rules... it's left as it is. We try to give enough chances(warnings) before opting for a ban.
Then what is the difference between 'account disabled' with a normal avatar, and 'account disabled' with a banned avatar? Is one a temporary ban?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dagless
12-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Ugh now there is a new one - "Account Terminated". How is this different to the "Account Disabled" and "Banned"?

Masuma
12-04-2011, 11:23 AM
^ when the people are shot dead by terminator, then their account automatically is terminated! I mean Duhhhh! :p

:'(

Endymion
12-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Where can one request to disable account :hmm:

~Raindrop~
12-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Ugh now there is a new one - "Account Terminated". How is this different to the "Account Disabled" and "Banned"?
I'm not aware of this one :hmm: Maybe someone wrote it themselves, as a joke?

User29123
12-04-2011, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha

Yup Obvious

I don't know how this board runs, but if it was me I would just have BANNED and Account Disabled On request. Makes life easier but hey the owner here my like the way it is, speaking of that who is actually the owner of this board? Is it owned by a company?

Tilmeez
12-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Maybe someone wrote it themselves, as a joke?
Yes your right. ...I think I should read the code book which they had given to me when I was accepted as staff and I never felt a need to read it. :omg:
**trying to forget that he has seen it as user title on a member who is X now :p **

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Where can one request to disable account
Normally one needs to create a thread in helpdesk requesting a temporary ban with a valid reason.

If someone needs an express ride out of here s/he may PM me. Just one thing to remember: the method I use is a little brutal :X

Dagless
12-04-2011, 04:41 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
Yes your right. ...I think I should read the code book which they had given to me when I was accepted as staff and I never felt a need to read it. :omg:
**trying to forget that he has seen it as user title on a member who is X now :p **
Yep as Tilmeez says - http://www.islamicboard.com/members/member-x-17539.html
It's not a user title because you can't pm them etc.

User29123
12-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Yep as Tilmeez says - http://www.islamicboard.com/members/member-x-17539.html
It's not a user title because you can't pm them etc.
I am sure you can opt out of users contacting you!

Dagless
12-04-2011, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
I am sure you can opt out of users contacting you!

Then why is rep power 0? example - http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...ml#post1466342

~Raindrop~
12-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Username's blue... that usually means that a new email address has been registered, yet hasn't been confirmed. :exhausted could be why rep power is 0.

Dagless
12-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Username's blue... that usually means that a new email address has been registered, yet hasn't been confirmed. :exhausted could be why rep power is 0.
Ahh ok. Thanks guys, you have satisfied my curiosity ;)

Insaanah
12-04-2011, 06:10 PM
:sl:

How do we request for our account to be re-enabled?

When I disabled mine for a while, then was ready to return, there was no option other than to use the "contact us" button. I've heard it said that you can PM staff members even if your account is disabled but I had no option to do anything at all, nothing. So had to use the "contact us" which I think sends an email to Brother Rashad. Is that the only way, or is there another way?

AabiruSabeel
12-04-2011, 06:25 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
How do we request for our account to be re-enabled?
Log out and create a thread in the Helpdesk as a guest and sign with your username. Guests can create new threads in the Helpdesk but they may not be able to view the replies.

Endymion
12-05-2011, 11:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
Just one thing to remember: the method I use is a little brutal
Put the dagger aside,do you have ANY idea who you are talking with ^o)

Im ..... :raging:

Im..... :offended:

Im ...... :grumbling

(Im sick bro :( See Aaa.....errr.....eh.....Aaaashhoooooo....)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!