/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to convert Disbelievers?

Aadila
04-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Praise be to Allah,

About a few weeks ago, I befriend a Christian who I did not know at the time was a Christian. I found out three days ago and started to try and convert him. He does not believe the love of Allah and turns his eye away from the truth when I show him. What is the best way to convert a disbeliever like a Christian or a Jew to Islam? And if he continues to disbelieve am I still allowed to be his friend?

Peace be upon you,
Aadila

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ubeyde
04-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Allah Ta'ala gives guidance to whom he wishes and if Allah has decreed that this man will die a Kafir, then nothing you can say, show or produce will make him believe.

"Allah has set a seal on their hearts and on their hearings, (i.e. they are closed from accepting Allah's Guidance), and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be a great torment." Surah Al Bakarah verse 7

I have this problem in my College also, what I did was I sent a video containing a very famous revert's story of how he became a Christian. You should also try to prove the Divinity of the Holy Qur'an and to instruct him nicely and kindly about its teachings. This is very noble work, one which carries huge rewards, Dawah.

Flame of Hope
04-15-2011, 08:31 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Aadila
About a few weeks ago, I befriend a Christian who I did not know at the time was a Christian. I found out three days ago and started to try and convert him. He does not believe the love of Allah and turns his eye away from the truth when I show him. What is the best way to convert a disbeliever like a Christian or a Jew to Islam? And if he continues to disbelieve am I still allowed to be his friend?
An important thing to remember is that we do not convert people to Islam. That's something beyond our power to do, since it has to do with an action of the heart and turning one's soul to belief in Allah and Prophet Muhammad (saws). It isn't something that can be forced upon anyone. A person has to desire it and believe on his own, using his own free will, doing it voluntarily and without compulsion if he is to accept Islam.

Hence, turning people's hearts towards Islam is something that only Allah Almighty can do.

Our duty is merely to convey the message. If we do our duty, then the message will reach the people. And whosoever fears Allah will heed the message. But nobody can heed the message if the message isn't conveyed in the first place. Allah can't guide people out of thin air. That's the reason why He sent messengers and prophets to people ever since the creation of Adam. Whoever listened to the messengers and obeyed Allah were guided, those who rejected the message were misguided.

You ask what is the best way to convert disbelievers. I don't know if there is a best way....only that one can do one's best to invite people to Islam, according to the capabilities and knowledge that Allah has bestowed upon us.

One thing is certain. Calling people to Islam must be done with wisdom, knowledge and loads of patience and one must always strive to speak to people on their level of understanding.

Ummshareef
04-15-2011, 08:54 PM
:wa:, sister

Although your intention is undoubtedly good, whether he continues to disbelieve or not, you should not be his friend. Spare a thought for your own safety - he is a non-mahram and you should not be speaking with him as a friend as male-female relations outside of the bonds of marriage are strictly forbidden under the Shariah, even for dawah. There are plenty of Christian sisters out there who might be open to Islam, so could I suggest that you concentrate on bringing them our great message insha'allah rather than this guy - I dread to think what his motives for trying to befriend you might be.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
04-15-2011, 09:10 PM
You're Muslim sister, he's non muslim male, I don't think you should be making friendship with him lest shaytaan causes haraam desires to arise that are too much to resist. Cut off your friendship with him. You've given him the message of Islam, that is all that is required of you. It's not your duty to befriend him and try to show him the beauty of Islam, that's something a brother should be doing.

ummibby
04-25-2011, 09:14 AM
I'd just like to echo what Salahudeen has mentioned...as a sister you really should not be offering dawah to this man who is non mahram to you. If you were in a situation where a man was willing to learn more about islam the first thing you should do is direct him to some brothers who will be able to help out and answer questions.

How to convert disbelievers? Well, it is only Allah (SWT) who guides. I, personally, do not recommend preaching at people since it can actually have the opposite effect and make them keep their distance. When people approach you and ask questions then that is a real opportunity to act upon their natural curiosity.

As a revert to Islam myself I just know that my family and friends would not entertain the idea of me sitting them down and explaining creed or fiqh! But I know they are watching my behaviour, my manners and my devotion to Islam. This really is the best dawah.

Zafran
04-25-2011, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aadila
Praise be to Allah,

Peace be upon you,
Aadila
salaam

you cant God guides people

peace

ayesha.ansari
04-26-2011, 05:45 AM
Well here question is how to work on to guide a disbeliever to believe in ALLAH and Islam not girl or boy talk. Although it is right but start coming back or concentrating on question. Every true Muslim knows that what is his/her limitations and what should she have to do. So the question remain is how to change a non Muslim to a true religion Islam.

abdussattar
04-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Manners, Manners, Manners..

Its our behaviour that counts.

If you take the example of India, Islam first spread in Kerala (the southern part towards Saudi Arabia).
Not a singe missionary or army went there. It were the Traders' manners and behaviour that spread Islam there.

Clearing out their misconceptions about Islam is the first stem. Offer them some small books, containing few pages but much content.

It is important that you give them some time. Remember this ayah:-

I highly disagree with the narrow thoughts of people on this issue. I do believe that Only God guides people But why did he send prophets then? Why did Muhammad (S.A.W.S) bear so many sufferings for this cause? There are many Sahabah who accepted Islam after dozens of invitations. Persistence is the key.

Edit:- Oh I didn't know that you were offering Dawah to a male. It is best not to speak to them. Giving books about basics of Islam is a better Idea here. And remember the book should not contain more than a few pages. You could give thicker books later on but first is the smallest book then progress further.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-26-2011, 11:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdussattar
I highly disagree with the narrow thoughts of people on this issue. I do believe that Only God guides people But why did he send prophets then? Why did Muhammad (S.A.W.S) bear so many sufferings for this cause? There are many Sahabah who accepted Islam after dozens of invitations. Persistence is the key.
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Yes, it is Allaah that guides. And he sent the prophets for guidance. They invite people to the truth about their lord, it is only Allaah who can give them Hidayat. Yes, we must be a good example infront of those who need guidance but it is their choice to whether they accept. Muhammad (SAW) went through tests and trials along with other messengers of Allaah, if you read the stories, they were examples for us to learn from, also a reason to be patient and thank Allaah. The Sahabah and along with humankind to whom Allaah tests were to be tested with many things. They accept Islaam with sincerety that it was and is the truth. He guides also those who seek him..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!